Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Acer 4K 28" Gaming Monitor $599 - 144Hz / IPS / USB-C / HDR / Vesa / 90% DCI-P3 / AMD FreeSync (back in stock)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2022 5:37 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2474 posts
1454 upvotes
Toronto
HugsNotDrugs wrote: When you select "max" settings you're enabling processing that hammers performance without providing any benefit. Anti-aliasing is such a setting that is totally unnecessary at 4k but will substantially reduce performance.

If you don't want to take a moment to examine the graphics settings and are not prepared to accept any dips below a full 144hz, even to 120hz, then you'll need to pay a high tax on a very fast very expensive card. Most people have more reasonable approaches to these things.

If you're prepared to look at individual settings you'll find that it doesn't take much to run most titles at 4k60 at good settings. I don't use FSR and my aged card runs like an absolute champ.
Believe it or not, AA has gotten so efficient these days that disabling or reducing it has negligible effects on fps most of the time. Depends on the game and the hardware it's running on of course but resolution is usually the factor that has the most impact on performance. You can fiddle around with settings and find that only one or two have any significant effect on fps.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1971 posts
865 upvotes
generaltao99 wrote: Believe it or not, AA has gotten so efficient these days that disabling or reducing it has negligible effects on fps most of the time. Depends on the game and the hardware it's running on of course but resolution is usually the factor that has the most impact on performance. You can fiddle around with settings and find that only one or two have any significant effect on fps.
In my experience at 1080p modest AA isn't a big drag on performance, but 4k is literally 4x the pixels and on titles I've used it has a significant performance penalty in the range of 10-25%.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2432 posts
1213 upvotes
burlington, on
waiting for a good deal on 2k 144hz.
should be more than enough for my build
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1075 posts
2797 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: Yeah, if it's Minecraft lol

I have a 3070 myself. And it's definitely not getting 4K 120fps in modern games.
You're not getting the frames because your resolve and belief is weak in Papa Jensen. If you pray to his leather jacket you too will achieve 4k120 with a 3080 or 3070TI because Nvidia.
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2319 upvotes
cayolargo wrote: Definitely need more than 75 hz

Don’t need 4k
If money wasn't an object / your GPU could handle it, would you rather do 4k 60hz or 2K 144hz?

With the stipulation you can't switch, have to choose one only. And you can't buy the 4090 either and do 4k 144hz lol.
Sep 22, 2016
37 posts
40 upvotes
This is one of the few monitors I’ve seen in this price range that has hdmi 2.1 to run ps5 or Xbox at 120hz. Not many reviews though. Anyone see any other deals for a 27 - 28” gaming monitor with hdmi 2.1 support? Are Acer monitors really that unreliable? The Gigabyte m28U is an option but it’s back at $699 at Canada Computers.
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2319 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: why? because they canceled your $250 laptop?
Lmao, I'm in that club too but here I am promoting an acer product
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2319 upvotes
RFDyahUknowme wrote: This is one of the few monitors I’ve seen in this price range that has hdmi 2.1 to run ps5 or Xbox at 120hz. Not many reviews though. Anyone see any other deals for a 27 - 28” gaming monitor with hdmi 2.1 support? Are Acer monitors really that unreliable? The Gigabyte m28U is an option but it’s back at $699 at Canada Computers.
It has plenty of reviews, check Amazon and also Rtings (link was like my second post...)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B091G3 ... UTF8&psc=1