Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Acer CB2 34" Ultrawide 1440p WQHD 75Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor $400

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2020 10:17 am
[OP]
Member
May 15, 2007
499 posts
305 upvotes

[Best Buy] Acer CB2 34" Ultrawide 1440p WQHD 75Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor $400

Personally I have no experience with this monitor. But at this price, I will get one myself. Bestbuy also have Samsung 34" QHD monitor for $526.
  • UltraWide QHD display with a native resolution of 3440 x 1440 presents games and movies in vivid detail
  • 1ms response time with a 75Hz refresh rate for responsive, clear on-screen visuals
  • AMD FreeSync technology to produce smooth game play
  • IPS panel, HDR-ready technology, and a 100,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio provide exceptionally realistic colour
  • Eye-care technology helps protect your eyes from fatigue -- perfect for those marathon gaming sessions
  • USB, DisplayPort, and HDMI ports allow you to easily connect your peripherals
30 replies
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2019
161 posts
89 upvotes
Montreal
I bought this monitor last month for 445 cad in best buy as well. Could I ask for price match or something similar?

I do recommend this monitor. It's awesome
Say NO to Racism!
[OP]
Member
May 15, 2007
499 posts
305 upvotes
bibe1547 wrote: I bought this monitor last month for 445 cad in best buy as well. Could I ask for price match or something similar?

I do recommend this monitor. It's awesome
Yes. I cannot remember the time limit restriction. But definitely you can ask them for price protection. I think it should be 1 month.
Last time I did this on certain earphone via online chat.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
3215 posts
1232 upvotes
Vancouver
How is this without the curved screen? I'd think the edges would be difficult to view?
Newbie
Oct 3, 2008
54 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I am also in the market for a 32-34 inch screen strictly for work and leaning towards a curved as I've heard some say it is too difficult to view the ends of the screen in a non-curved ultrawide. Any input would be greatly valued.

Thanks in advance.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14057 posts
4469 upvotes
London
I would avoid curved screens like the plague


This is a great price for a monitor with its specs... So long as you ignore the "gaming",part
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 10, 2004
5965 posts
1854 upvotes
Thornhill
Viper98 wrote: I would avoid curved screens like the plague
Obviously, that's because you've never tried one...
Good or bad, once you try, you will get used to the curve. Even autocad people have been using curved screen with great success.
Another pro is some extra realestate space as with a straight big screen, edges are usually lost( at least with IPS) This basically gives you an 1" or so and helps with some of the viewing angles issues.
I am not saying they are better than straight, but to say "avoid like a plague" is clearly ignorance.
Last edited by dazz on Aug 16th, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I use voice typing and rarely read what I typed...
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14057 posts
4469 upvotes
London
dazz wrote: Obviously, that's because you've never tried one...
I mean... I have. They are just useless on anything this small. Curves on anything less than a Theatre screen serve no purpose.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 10, 2004
5965 posts
1854 upvotes
Thornhill
Viper98 wrote: I mean... I have. They are just useless on anything this small. Curves on anything less than a Theatre screen serve no purpose.
Again, pure ignorance and I don't believe you used it. based on what you are saying. I'd agree with you if you said 24" ,but at 34", depending on the how you sit, there are definitely pros. I have both, I've used both for many many years and both have pros and cons.
I use voice typing and rarely read what I typed...
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1762 posts
693 upvotes
1800 or 1500 curves are fine, once you get to 1000 I think it's too much.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 10, 2004
5965 posts
1854 upvotes
Thornhill
Viper98 wrote: Curves on anything less than a Theatre screen serve no purpose.
And again a statement which is not based on facts. A theater screen, what size? at what distance???! You are not sitting 2' away from a theater screen!
I have a 38" and 43" monitors, I get way better immersion out of those 2 than even going to a movie theater as they are closer and at that size, that close to my face, the immersion is far better than a going to a theater
I use voice typing and rarely read what I typed...
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14057 posts
4469 upvotes
London
dazz wrote: Again, pure ignorance and I don't believe you used it. based on what you are saying. I'd agree with you if you said 24" ,but at 34", depending on the how you sit, there are definitely pros. I have both, I've used both for many many years and both have pros and cons.
The ONLY benefit of a curved screen is that it stops the off angle contrast shift of a VA panel.

There is literally not a single reason to have a curved IPS display.

But if you want to think that there is more power to you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3174 posts
3119 upvotes
Oakville
dazz wrote: Obviously, that's because you've never tried one...
Good or bad, once you try, you will get used to the curve. Even autocad people have been using curved screen with great success.
Another pro is some extra realestate space as with a straight big screen, edges are usually lost( at least with IPS) This basically gives you an 1" or so and helps with some of the viewing angles issues.
I am not saying they are better than straight, but to say "avoid like a plague" is clearly ignorance.
I have curve 32" Lenovo and I thought it was a gimmick until I started using it, and I do like it. I would buy curve again, well, as a matter of fact I just did with the ViewSonic 32" deal $299 posted last week.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Member
User avatar
Oct 11, 2016
469 posts
426 upvotes
If this was curved it would be an absolute buy, otherwise it's awkward with how wide it is.

Top