Best Buy

Acer ZeroFrame 28" 4K IPS Monitor - $350 - Exp May 28

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 8:49 am
Jun 15, 2010
396 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: One other thing you might consider as well is a monitor arm, so you can position this monitor easily depending on what you are doing at your desk.
I know I've been asking a lot of questions, so thanks for your patience. What's a good bang for your buck monitor arm for this monitor? I see there are pretty drastic price ranges on arms, so never knew what to get.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16932 posts
8996 upvotes
Ottawa
qrich4three wrote: I know I've been asking a lot of questions, so thanks for your patience. What's a good bang for your buck monitor arm for this monitor? I see there are pretty drastic price ranges on arms, so never knew what to get.
Amazonbasics monitor arms are great. They cost a bit more but it's a quality piece, super smooth and solid. I haven't looked at anything cheaper than that.....Didn't want take a chance for a cheaper arm to hold up my monitor properly and wanted something easy to use and smooth
<insert sig>
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1950 posts
1373 upvotes
Grande Prairie AB
zobblplatz wrote: IDTech stuff doesn’t count, John Carmack is a time traveling space wizard who can do impossible levels of optimization.
On August 7, 2013, Carmack joined Oculus VR as their CTO. On November 22, 2013, he resigned from id Software to work full-time at Oculus VR. Carmack's reason for leaving was because id's parent company ZeniMax Media didn't want to support Oculus Rift.

Just an FYI.
Oct 1, 2017
308 posts
410 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: On August 7, 2013, Carmack joined Oculus VR as their CTO. On November 22, 2013, he resigned from id Software to work full-time at Oculus VR. Carmack's reason for leaving was because id's parent company ZeniMax Media didn't want to support Oculus Rift.

Just an FYI.
I'm aware. But again, his DNA is there.

Kinda like saying "Well, Henry Ford didn't build Ferrari's, so they don't benefit from his assembly line invention". IDtech has always been weirdly super optimized, and that started with Carmack's work.
Sep 2, 2007
306 posts
217 upvotes
hmm im surprised I dont think I heard anyone here talking about 4k tvs for monitors, I been running several different 4k tvs as monitors for a few years, and yes I even game with them but only in 1080 or 1440.
4k120 honestly seems a few generations away, 1440p at 120 on the other hand is more like it right now. The resolution wars is kinda dumb 4k is nice but not 120+ hz nice... when they start pushing 8k thats when Im going to draw the line, there is way more to picture quality or games than resolution or pixel density, so some innovations elsewhere would be nice...

Working and general pc use with 4k tvs has been so good I personally cant go back, for the price of these cheaper 4k tvs at around 200-400 at 40-50 inches its pretty amazing imo. Been eyeing the higher end samsungs with 4k and freesync at 120hz (at lower res i believe) one of these days but those go for around 600-700. Also I find it hard to see the real advantages of 4k at normal monitor sizes vs closer to 2x screen sizes at around 40+ which is why 4k tvs win for me. input lag is the only issue but the cheap ones ive bought actually make the cut as I play pubg and street fighter online with them all the time.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18655 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
is this 75hz? can u speed it up?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8377 posts
901 upvotes
If you set your game to 1080P, would you get a sharper/better image quality on a 4K monitor?
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10891 posts
8140 upvotes
Toronto
LilSteve wrote: I wonder how long it will be before a monitor that is advertised as "frameless" or "zero frame" will actually have no frame
Fake it till you make it, lol

Nov 10, 2002
351 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
If anyone was looking at this, it was out of stock earlier today.. but its back in stock now.
Dec 23, 2008
221 posts
14 upvotes
dgomel wrote: This monitor has the same Innolux panel as the Asus VG289Q, which is highly reviewed. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/as ... 4k-monitor https://www.displayninja.com/asus-vg289q-review/

Basically there is only one IPS 4k panel in 28" and it's this one.
Taken from Reddit...
This is or the Asus VG289Q?
The Asus dropped to $400 ($50 more than the Acer) today.
The Asus has higher brightness and multiple HDR10 modes.
Jan 3, 2010
84 posts
16 upvotes
Windsor/chatham
Just pulled the trigger on this monitor as it's back down to $349 again. Anyone know the sRGB space % on this? it's DCP-I is 90% which is decent I think but what does that translate to sRGB?