Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Airpods (1st gen) save $20 - $199.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 7:58 pm
Feb 2, 2018
2 posts
12 upvotes

[Best Buy] Airpods (1st gen) save $20 - $199.99

They're clearing out the first generation Airpods for the new ones released yesterday.
Last edited by JX1210 on Mar 21st, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
46 replies
Apr 7, 2007
873 posts
750 upvotes
Toronto
I think the new AirPods have too much upside to want to buy the old ones for just in $20 savings. Should be at least $179 or less.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
oecB0CQ - Imgur.png

Here's the main difference between Airpod 1 and the new ones out.
I wouldn't get the first gen ones given the small difference for $20, which gets you a new chip and Siri functionality.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1068 posts
2119 upvotes
trixR4kids wrote: oecB0CQ - Imgur.png

Here's the main difference between Airpod 1 and the new ones out.
I wouldn't get the first gen ones given the small difference for $20, which gets you a new chip and Siri functionality.
I would not get either because of the price to value proposition
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
RedSwagDeals wrote: I would not get either because of the price to value proposition
Agreed. To this day I can't see the value. I mean if you have the disposable cash, by all means. But in regards to the main differences between Gen 1 and 2, its +1 hour of talk and Siri. Lastly, $20 off Gen 1 is still too pricey for something that will get old quick.
My horn can pierce the sky
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
RedSwagDeals wrote: I would not get either because of the price to value proposition
Could you suggest a pair that is the best price to value proposition then?
The biggest feature about Airpods is the sleek design and seamless ecosystem connectivity.
Jun 7, 2013
441 posts
433 upvotes
Mascouche
Hello community,

For those who might be interested by it / looking for other options, I have ordered and received a pair of Lenovo air tws. Bought them for about 55-60$ on AliExpress. Build and sound quality is quite good, feel comfortable in my ears and don't fall out at all.

Might be a good option for some. Reviews are good also.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1883 posts
1292 upvotes
Manitoba
WayneEnterprise wrote: Agreed. To this day I can't see the value. I mean if you have the disposable cash, by all means. But in regards to the main differences between Gen 1 and 2, its +1 hour of talk and Siri. Lastly, $20 off Gen 1 is still too pricey for something that will get old quick.
+1. Will probably bite when price drops below 150 or get a pair used at sub-$100 as other tend to gravitate to the newer model.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1432 posts
1394 upvotes
Toronto
NeilJasper wrote: +1. Will probably bite when price drops below 150 or get a pair used at sub-$100 as other tend to gravitate to the newer model.
I agree on the $150 price point for new gen 1. I would buy. However, I would NOT buy used - even at sub $100. Apart from the hygiene issue I would be too concerned about the state of the battery. Those batteries are not built to last forever ...
Feb 1, 2018
354 posts
176 upvotes
Go PM with Staples and use their $10 off coupon by subscribing to their email if you really want this item now.
Mar 18, 2005
441 posts
399 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
WayneEnterprise wrote: Agreed. To this day I can't see the value. I mean if you have the disposable cash, by all means. But in regards to the main differences between Gen 1 and 2, its +1 hour of talk and Siri. Lastly, $20 off Gen 1 is still too pricey for something that will get old quick.
I thought the same, but once I got a pair gifted, I actually use them all the time. One thing I never did but always subscribed to was listen to Podcasts. I find I am actually more productive, since they are very unobtrusive, and there's the auto-pause feature as soon as you take them off. I've since lost my pair for the last month, and been holding off for the update. I just placed my order for a new pair with wireless charging.

Like many "Apple" things. You don't realize how EASY and convenient their products are until you get a chance to use them.
Aug 17, 2011
296 posts
366 upvotes
I bought airpods about a year ago and ended up selling them. They were awful. My biggest complaint was the fit - I could hardly hear podcasts on loud settings when commuting and the sound leakage from outside made music terrible. And if I can hear so much outside sound, that must mean other people can probably hear my my music or whatever I was listening to because I literally had to put them on blast.

Since then, I got these from primecables. https://www.primecables.ca/p-369521-cab ... headphones

I'm not a shill but you don't have to believe me. These headphones are fantastic. They've got good bass and I get atleast 3 hours of battery life, if not more. These were the first bluetooth headphones that also never gave me any range issues. Other headphones would frequently cut in and out if I had the phone in my pant pocket which is terrible range. The audio quality is pretty good, although I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile. And that's not to mention the price.

Why people would pay $200 for airpods? Probably because everyone took the bait and can't return them. The more you see people with them, the more you think "oh they must be good".
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
I get you, it seemed a bit absurd to spend so much on headphones that were inferior in pretty much every way to other headphones I own.
But after getting a good deal on a pair, that I was originally planning to resell, I have to say that these things are super convenient if you use apple products.

I pretty much only use them when I am at work to take calls, and even for this limited use, I think they are totally worth it.
If I forget both my ANC headphones and my IEMs and I want to listen to music, the play pause feature on these is pretty amazing.

When using them I think you look like a device used to introduce a stream of water into the body, and I hate the eartips, but they are pretty amazing in their own special way.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2561 posts
1777 upvotes
niksfever wrote: Why people would pay $200 for airpods? Probably because everyone took the bait and can't return them. The more you see people with them, the more you think "oh they must be good".
This is one of the dumbest post I have ever seen here. You didn't have a good fit, fair. But don't assume "everyone took the bait" because you clearly did.

AirPods, albeit overpriced, are the most convenient earphones I have ever used.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
Waiting for Gen1 to hit sub $150
Let's hug it out
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
niksfever wrote: Why people would pay $200 for airpods? Probably because everyone took the bait and can't return them. The more you see people with them, the more you think "oh they must be good".
Apple allows 14 days returns on everything; opened, used, and some items even without the original packaging. And most people buy directly from Apple, not from random retailers with crappy return policies to save a few dollars. So, no.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Love my airpods since day one. They're so much more comfortable to me compared to in ear earphones. In ears start to fatigue and hurt after a while but these won't.

Never had an issue of leaking sound as I don't crank up the volume. I prefer to protect my hearing instead of destroying them. Can't get how ppl can listen on max volume on any headphones.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1235 posts
4267 upvotes
Poutinemaster wrote: Hello community,

For those who might be interested by it / looking for other options, I have ordered and received a pair of Lenovo air tws. Bought them for about 55-60$ on AliExpress. Build and sound quality is quite good, feel comfortable in my ears and don't fall out at all.

Might be a good option for some. Reviews are good also.
This is an AirPods thread, get your Lenovo garbage out of here

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)