Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Alita: Battle Angel 4K UHD + 3D Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook $44.99

Jun 9, 2013
480 posts
372 upvotes
Surrey

[Best Buy] Alita: Battle Angel 4K UHD + 3D Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook $44.99

pretty well received among fans and have a cult following. not sure if bestbuy have enough stock. might get sold out; should grab a few copies before it is out of stock
Last edited by TomRFD on May 23rd, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
29 replies
Nov 26, 2013
74 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
I enjoyed the manga very much but I cannot say that this movie is worth $45.

Thanks for sharing though. Will wait for price drops.
Jan 19, 2007
728 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
VeryTRT wrote: I enjoyed the manga very much but I cannot say that this movie is worth $45.

Thanks for sharing though. Will wait for price drops.
Conversely, I haven't read the manga, but I thought the movie was pretty good though

Thanks op.

Aside, is there gonna be a sequel?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1710 posts
2483 upvotes
Ontario
no8t4 wrote: Conversely, I haven't read the manga, but I thought the movie was pretty good though

Thanks op.

Aside, is there gonna be a sequel?
The manga ended in 1995, if the movie covered everything in the manga then no sequel, if it didn't then who knows but my guess is no
Dec 10, 2003
510 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver #1
is this true 4k or 2k upscaled?

Loved the movie btw. did not read the manga or anime or anime movie. Better than any marvel films. Hope they continue the franchise.
Nov 26, 2013
74 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
Jimbo67 wrote: The manga ended in 1995, if the movie covered everything in the manga then no sequel, if it didn't then who knows but my guess is no
The movie only covers the first three chapters of the manga. The movie only managed to gain a small amount of profits.
Thus my guess is there would not be a sequel unless these DVDs sell extremely well.

Although as a fan of the original manga, which I read over within one day at high school fifteen years ago, I really hope that there would be two more movies to cover the other six chapters.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote: The manga ended in 1995, if the movie covered everything in the manga then no sequel, if it didn't then who knows but my guess is no
The manga "detoured" in 1995 due to various reasons*. It "resumed" as Last Order and continued further in Mars Chronicle, and is still ongoing.

Both of them are worthy sequences of the original and are very strongly written. There really doesn't feel like any sense of dragging on whatsoever. If anything, it felt like the author finally get to tell us more about the world and connect all the mysteries together.

* Author cited health reason, later in an interview it was told that the health reason was mental issue related
Nov 26, 2013
74 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
Cucumference wrote: The manga "detoured" in 1995 due to various reasons*. It "resumed" as Last Order and continuted further in Mars Chronicle, and is still on going.

* Author cited health reason, later in an interview it was told that the health reason was mental related
I actually like the original version better than Last Order and Mars Chronicle. The new manga reads more like Dragon Ball.
Jun 9, 2013
480 posts
372 upvotes
Surrey
93civicin604 wrote: is this true 4k or 2k upscaled?

Loved the movie btw. did not read the manga or anime or anime movie. Better than any marvel films. Hope they continue the franchise.
support the blu-ray and they just might.. i hope
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
VeryTRT wrote: I actually like the original version better than Last Order and Mars Chronicle. The new manga reads more like Dragon Ball.
There are powercreeps for certain, but *all* fighting related long stories has this problem. On the other hand, the author balanced the story quite well by mixing prequel element in Mars Chronicle to continue the hopelessness and tragical style like before. He also finally get to explain a lot of stuff he foreshadowed in the series ages ago. Showing that, unlike many other franchise, he has everything planned and willing to fully explain the lores.

Overall I see it has a worthy continuation of the original story.
Nov 26, 2013
74 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
Cucumference wrote: Overall I see it has a worthy continuation of the original story.
I agree. If I would get to rate them the original story would be 10/10 but the new ones are still at 8+, not bad at all and better than many others.
Dec 10, 2003
510 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver #1
kjc123 wrote: support the blu-ray and they just might.. i hope
Hello fellow surrey citizen.

It did not bust box office records so no sequel has been announced but there could be one since it made more than it cost. Factor in Hollywood accounting, a sequel might be a better option than to do another marvel film which the marker is already over saturated with. I hope Disney sees this as a worth while franchise to invest in.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
That's kind of a lame/boring steelbook design, I'm sure some people will be all over this though because it includes a 3D copy which is getting rarer over here.
Jan 19, 2007
728 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
I'm gonna buy a copy in hopes that the small contribution will help them decide to make a sequel!
Oct 18, 2016
174 posts
265 upvotes
I enjoyed the movie. Well done, and I liked the art style.
However, this isn't really a deal, it's regular priced.
Not sure on the bonus features & extras, but I doubt they are worth $45.
Best to wait for a sale price.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2005
1146 posts
163 upvotes
no8t4 wrote: I'm gonna buy a copy in hopes that the small contribution will help them decide to make a sequel!
Same reason here. Just placed my pre-order as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1948 posts
2463 upvotes
Good film but seemed to go under the radar completely when released.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
93civicin604 wrote: is this true 4k or 2k upscaled?

People making these movies know that 2k is enough, but hdr and the higher bitrate do make a difference.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
EananC641158 wrote: Good film but seemed to go under the radar completely when released.
Most of the media I saw was just woke and annoying, you know the click bait type stuff.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
EananC641158 wrote: Good film but seemed to go under the radar completely when released.
A PG-13 Robert Rodriguez movie? No thanks, lol. His usual following probably sat this one out.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)