[Best Buy] All Airthings radon detectors on sale at Best Buy

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2020 10:21 am
[OP]
Mar 19, 2008
494 posts
478 upvotes

[Best Buy] All Airthings radon detectors on sale at Best Buy

Best Buy has all the Airthings detectors on sale until the 16th.

Airthings Wave Mini Indoor Air Quality Detector (doesn't do radon) - $69.99 (reg. $99.99)
Airthings Corentium Radon Gas Monitor - $169.99 (reg. $239.99)
Airthings Wave 2 Wireless Radon Gas Detector - $179.99 (reg. $249.99)
Airthings Wave Plus Indoor Air Quality Monitor with Radon Detection - $239.99 (reg. $299.99)

Airthings has the same sale on their Canadian website if you'd prefer to buy direct from the company.

Edit: There some confusion about the Home Depot (model 2950) and Best Buy (model Wave2). I found this statement on the US site. "To distinguish between the Wave and Wave 2nd gen: Under the mounting plate, there is a model. Airthings Wave simply says "Model: Airthings Wave" whereas Wave 2nd gen, says, "Model: 2950 Wave"." I just checked mine from Best Buy and it does say 2950 under the plate. So Home Depot and Best Buy have the same model. Of course, you have to convince Home Depot that they are the same model to get them to beat the price.
Last edited by laprade_a on Apr 14th, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
137 replies
Dec 9, 2017
263 posts
646 upvotes
Thanks op! Been waiting for this for a while.
The Corentium seems to be the best one for consumers.
The wave 2 has lots of reviews about bad connectivity. I’m going for the non BT one as it has the longest battery life and it’s easily good for 5 years before the sensor gets bad.
One less app on my phone too, hunting for my data. If you install it in the basement, you’ll probably not be able to connect to it from your living room. Might as well go read the screen.
Don’t install it on the wall or on the ceiling.
Give it time as the numbers will fluctuate. If you just take it outside and bring it back in for “testing” it is not a valid test. The more you record data, the better it will work.
Last year I had the black puck that I sent back to the lab, 41 bq/m3. So far so good, under the 200 max recommendation in Canada. (400 in US)
Jul 18, 2012
359 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry for the silly question, but would this detect gas leaks?
Aug 26, 2019
251 posts
254 upvotes
The6ix
Sievert wrote: Same price on Amazon
I may pass out before the Radon detector gets here from Potential Radon because of Amazon and their ship times now
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2319 posts
849 upvotes
robbiemurray wrote: Sorry for the silly question, but would this detect gas leaks?
not unless your house is powered by uranium
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5126 posts
3952 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Canadianbac0n wrote: Thanks op! Been waiting for this for a while.
The Corentium seems to be the best one for consumers.
The wave 2 has lots of reviews about bad connectivity. I’m going for the non BT one as it has the longest battery life and it’s easily good for 5 years before the sensor gets bad.
One less app on my phone too, hunting for my data. If you install it in the basement, you’ll probably not be able to connect to it from your living room. Might as well go read the screen.
Don’t install it on the wall or on the ceiling.
Give it time as the numbers will fluctuate. If you just take it outside and bring it back in for “testing” it is not a valid test. The more you record data, the better it will work.
Last year I had the black puck that I sent back to the lab, 41 bq/m3. So far so good, under the 200 max recommendation in Canada. (400 in US)
You sold me on the basic one. I've been interested in ordering one of these for a while now. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19679 posts
5847 upvotes
So, only the expensive ones work? Any alternatives in the sub-$100 range?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1423 posts
4078 upvotes
Calgary, AB
robfun wrote: Here are links to my notes / resources on radon:
Radon information:
amazon-bestbuy-airthings-radon-detector ... #p31736261

Tools / Supply List:
amazon-bestbuy-airthings-radon-detector ... #p31906958
Thanks for the insightful posts!

What are your thoughts on using this as a test? https://evictradon.org/#

They claim to meet the "gold standard" of testing do to all their engineered controls like duplicate testing, blank and spiked test kits and so on.
It's also only $62 total including return shipping of the test kit.
Dec 11, 2007
357 posts
235 upvotes
Markham
Looks like the Airthings Wave Plus doesn’t measure particulates.
Dec 9, 2017
263 posts
646 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: Thanks for the insightful posts!

What are your thoughts on using this as a test? https://evictradon.org/#

They claim to meet the "gold standard" of testing do to all their engineered controls like duplicate testing, blank and spiked test kits and so on.
It's also only $62 total including return shipping of the test kit.
I did the accustar one. Minimum 3 months collection time for a decent average. So you do one summer and one winter, the numbers will vary greatly. 2 years and here is your corentium paid in full with all 2 years average and past 7 days.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5853 posts
1833 upvotes
Toronto
Aren't these the things that go "moo" when you turn them over?