Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse $19.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
July 23, 2020
Retailer:
Best Buy, Amazon.ca
This is the first time I've seen this mouse on sale. If you're looking for a simple good quality mouse for daily usage or a spare for the road I highly recommend this. Good ergonomics, durable, uses a single battery that will last over a year, Bluetooth 5 and comes in 4 colors are the highlights of this mouse.
[solicitation removed]
11 replies
Dec 23, 2016
268 posts
316 upvotes
Ottawa
If only it had a back button.....
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1203 posts
505 upvotes
Chambly, QC
Microsoft Bluetooth mouse are à pain in the a**!!!
I have two of those and it’s totally unreliable..
Buy Logitech instead!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1774 posts
977 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The review on amazon.ca seems bad.
I have a surface mouse and it seems its BT implementation is somewhat weird. It cannot get paired with some devices at home. but when it works, it works well.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3326 posts
3729 upvotes
GVRD
It's a smaller lighter mouse with a cheap plastic feel.
It's frequently on-sale for $19.99 It's been on-sale in the past for about $15 at strategic times of the year.
It's a Microsoft-branded product so it's quality is better than junk-brands.

At $20, I'd give it a 6.5/10 on the "hot" scale because it's frequently at that price and feels like a cheap plastic product. When it's gliding on a desk or table, it feels like you're dragging a hard piece of plastic.

If you come back to this thread and it's no longer on-sale at Amazon or Best Buy, wait 2-3 weeks and it'll be $19.99 again.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1807 posts
2762 upvotes
Toronto
I don’t know about this mouse, but me and my wife like using the Microsoft 3500 for work. The Logitech m310 is also Ok, but we prefer the 3500
Oct 5, 2010
773 posts
260 upvotes
I wouldn't recommend. Would sometimes disconnect. Bought a logitech mouse since and never had a problem with the bluetooth function.
Nov 28, 2018
13 posts
16 upvotes
I can't speak to this mouse specifically but my MS BT Designer mouse has been flawless for years.
If I needed a mouse right now I'd try this one for $20 despite the negative comments here... especially because 4.2/5 for 381 reviews on Amazon is pretty good.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
37180 posts
5173 upvotes
Winnipeg
I would like a bt mouse but this one is too basic, at least couple side buttons would be nice.
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5035 posts
550 upvotes
Ancaster
For those who lament the lack of buttons, consider autohotkey. It's a scripting program that can capture keystrokes and generate macros based on any combo of keypresses.

I've used it for a three button mouse with the following and it works great:

L click while right is held: back
R click while left is held: forward
Double-click middle button: task switcher

The program is actually much more powerful than what I'm using it for so it's like killing a fly with a hammer.

Some rudimentary programming experience will help