Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) & TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Lite (2 Pack) $49.98 FS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2019 11:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3111 posts
2877 upvotes
Mordor

[Best Buy] Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) & TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Lite (2 Pack) $49.98 FS

11 replies
Nov 7, 2011
571 posts
427 upvotes
British Columbia
This was $34 dollars a week ago. And probably will be again on boxing day.
Dec 15, 2017
447 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver
Umm I got this bundle deal on BF when it was $34.98. Echo Dot Gen 3 was $29.99 on BF and the pair of TP-Link smart plugs was $30 or so on it's own but bundled with the echo dot then it was $4.99 for two instead. Bought two bundles then end up returning just the echo dots to get 2 x $29.99, eco fee and taxes back. I was able to keep the TP-Link smart plugs no problem.
Aug 8, 2016
27 posts
40 upvotes
Could I just ask if you were able to do this online or purchased the bundle in-store?
Oct 1, 2018
110 posts
45 upvotes
QuickFingers wrote: Umm I got this bundle deal on BF when it was $34.98. Echo Dot Gen 3 was $29.99 on BF and the pair of TP-Link smart plugs was $30 or so on it's own but bundled with the echo dot then it was $4.99 for two instead. Bought two bundles then end up returning just the echo dots to get 2 x $29.99, eco fee and taxes back. I was able to keep the TP-Link smart plugs no problem.
Did the same. Worked out fine with no issues.
h
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3165 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto
QuickFingers wrote: Umm I got this bundle deal on BF when it was $34.98. Echo Dot Gen 3 was $29.99 on BF and the pair of TP-Link smart plugs was $30 or so on it's own but bundled with the echo dot then it was $4.99 for two instead. Bought two bundles then end up returning just the echo dots to get 2 x $29.99, eco fee and taxes back. I was able to keep the TP-Link smart plugs no problem.
bobonetsue wrote: Did the same. Worked out fine with no issues.
Did you guys buy it in store?

I bought mine online but my cost was split pretty evenly like $18 for the dot and $18 for the smart plugs
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4400 posts
984 upvotes
Wat
undacova wrote: Did you guys buy it in store?

I bought mine online but my cost was split pretty evenly like $18 for the dot and $18 for the smart plugs
Same here.. split evenly, so better to resell them on my own.
Oct 1, 2018
110 posts
45 upvotes
undacova wrote: Did you guys buy it in store?

In store.
h
Dec 15, 2017
447 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought mine in-store when it was bundled with 2 x VOCOlinc smart plugs but then a couple days or a week later it all vanished from the stores and the bundle changed to 2 x TP-link smart plugs.

I was not familiar with VOCOlinc smart plugs so I returned it for the TP-links. Other threads said there was some recall on the VOCOlincs.
Images
  • 20191213_120837.jpg
Dec 13, 2004
521 posts
47 upvotes
bobonetsue wrote: Did the same. Worked out fine with no issues.
Didn't go well for me, the girl said if I wanted to return the echos should charge me "full price" for the plugs (since I wasn't returning them) which works out to be exactly the same as I paid for the plugs and echo together. I guess you guys got lucky or had someone that didn't care as much.

She wasn't very nice that's for sure like I was trying to take money out of her own pocket. I just said that others have been able to return them and keep the plugs and I wanted to see if I was able to as well. Just don't try this with the kinda round girl with glasses, blonde hair in Kingston.

I guess I'll have to just sell them in the new year when the price goes back up. It was worth a try I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1526 posts
948 upvotes
Calgary
Although there will quite possibly be a better deal on Boxing Day, I would point out that Amazon.ca is currently selling a "discounted" bundle of the Echo Dot (Gen 3) and ONE TP-Link smart plug for $44.99, so for $5 more you get a second one in this deal.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VMNMYBS/ref ... VQ1P4P7XVP

Again, unless you absolutely need this today, you might be better off to wait 2 weeks for Boxing Day... YMMV.
Dec 15, 2017
447 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver
d_chow wrote: Didn't go well for me, the girl said if I wanted to return the echos should charge me "full price" for the plugs (since I wasn't returning them) which works out to be exactly the same as I paid for the plugs and echo together. I guess you guys got lucky or had someone that didn't care as much.

She wasn't very nice that's for sure like I was trying to take money out of her own pocket. I just said that others have been able to return them and keep the plugs and I wanted to see if I was able to as well. Just don't try this with the kinda round girl with glasses, blonde hair in Kingston.

I guess I'll have to just sell them in the new year when the price goes back up. It was worth a try I guess.
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. Originally I bought the bundle deal as holiday stocking stuffers so I needed individual gift receipts for each item but the sales rep had already completed the transaction so she could only print all the items on one gift receipt. I was advised that if one or two of the items from gift receipt was to be returned then that should be okay since the prices was charged individually.

The reason why I returned both echo dot gen 3s with the original receipt for a refund because I found out that someone else in my family had already purchased something better for the family member that I was originally gifting. I wanted to keep the smart plugs for myself and the Best Buy employee said it wasn't a problem and just processed my two echo dot gen 3 as any other regular refund process.