Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

[Amazon] TCL 75" 2020 Series 6 (75R635) $1699.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 9:09 pm
Nov 24, 2019
445 posts
526 upvotes
Saskatoon
Lebon1 wrote: I think his point is that it isn't outputting 4k120. It may be doing 120FPS but at a lower resolution, 1440p is probably best case scenario (and that can be done via HDMI 2.0 anyway). The implementation of HDMI 2.1 has also been such a mess that you probably should wait for the next models anyway.
I'm pretty sure the console does the scaling, not the TV. So even if its only doing native 1440p, its upscaling to 4k to output the the TV. So the TV is still seeing a 4k120 signal incoming, and still needs HDMI 2.1 to accept that.

You're right about implementation though, I'll be waiting a year or two myself.
Dec 11, 2010
100 posts
18 upvotes
Salmon Arm
I was looking at this unit awhile back but read somewhere that it is not possible to turn off the soap opera affect. Is anyone able to provide more information on that whether or not that is true or if maybe a firmware update has fixed that as I read that a few months ago.
Dec 10, 2012
637 posts
616 upvotes
Vancouver
deeznuts wrote: Nope. It is a 120hz native panel, but will not support 4K at 120hz. Think you get 1440p out of it at 120Hz over the HDMI 2.0 ports.
I was interested in this TV bit read conflicting information on the panel. Some were saying it is only a 60Hz panel where others said 120Hz panel. i messaged TCL support to ask and they came back and said the following:

"This TV using a combination of a native 60 Hz panel and advanced backlight scanning to deliver the 120 Hz Clear Motion Index(CMI) listed, and clear fast action. Thanks, TCL support"

Take from it what you will, but it wasn't clear to me and still isn't so I bought the 900H
Dec 15, 2019
976 posts
2861 upvotes
York Region
seems no TV this year is a complete A+ solution to enjoy durable, reliable, excellent PQ 4k120hz
Nov 24, 2019
445 posts
526 upvotes
Saskatoon
dinkeye wrote: I was interested in this TV bit read conflicting information on the panel. Some were saying it is only a 60Hz panel where others said 120Hz panel. i messaged TCL support to ask and they came back and said the following:

"This TV using a combination of a native 60 Hz panel and advanced backlight scanning to deliver the 120 Hz Clear Motion Index(CMI) listed, and clear fast action. Thanks, TCL support"

Take from it what you will, but it wasn't clear to me and still isn't so I bought the 900H
You sure you were asking about the right model? The 6 series (2020) is confirmed to have a 120HZ panel from Rtings and everywhere else I've seen. Unless you were asking about the 2018 6 series at Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8556 posts
1056 upvotes
No HDMI 2.1 will be a tough sell on a non budget TV
a
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
SaskCanesFan wrote: Damn, this seems like a great price, TCL 6 series seems to never go on sale. We're not even in the market for a TV and I'm still debating this. One more year though I think
Keep putting it off it will only get better and cheaper so if what you have is meeting your needs just stay put and save your cash
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
muizzp wrote: Noob here...can you explain what you mean by that?
The PS5 is not magic. It's basically a low end gaming PC made using readily available components like AMD Ryzen processors (albeit customized for sony). Someone did a nice write up on if you can get a equivalent PC build for the same $500USD price point:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/sony-ps5-relea ... lent-build

The takeaway is that PS5 is a great deal for that lower end PC hardware and if you only have a $500 budget, you can't do any better. This is because sony has a deal with AMD to make the core components cheaper and they have economies of scale.

All that to say the PS5 is not magic. It can not handle very intensive graphics like 4k120 that people are basing their TV purchasing decisions on. Even $3000+ high end gaming PCs have trouble with these rates. What developers for PS5 do is visual tricks like lowering image quality and dropping frame rate. So while the output may be "4k120" in reality the PS5 cannot handle such demanding tasks.

Console gaming is meant to be mainstream and mass market. Realistically, any recent consumer television will be fine for the display.
Oct 1, 2017
328 posts
410 upvotes
swaghunter wrote: Games are already pushing 4K120, not upscaling or dynamic.
Star Wars Squadrons and Ori and the Will of the WIsps on Xbox Series X are 2 examples.
Last gen titles and low detail titles. It’s not running Metro Exodus on ultra at 120 with raytracing.

How do you think that’s going to pan out going forward?
Aug 7, 2008
469 posts
174 upvotes
FYI Amazon has a terrible pricing policy and return policy for this kind of thing. I bought this tv yesterday and then the price dropped $300. Wouldn't adjust and already shipped so now I have to reject the delivery and buy again.
Jan 23, 2009
645 posts
588 upvotes
VI
Amazon works out $80+ cheaper than best buy FWIW.

Best buy seems to be charging $51 shipping because it's so huge, plus a $25 Enviro fee. Plus tax.

1989 vs 1903 in BC

Thanks op, been waiting for a sale since it was launched!
Last edited by digidon on Dec 4th, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 7, 2008
469 posts
174 upvotes
SaskCanesFan wrote: You sure you were asking about the right model? The 6 series (2020) is confirmed to have a 120HZ panel from Rtings and everywhere else I've seen. Unless you were asking about the 2018 6 series at Costco.
It's 120hz @ 1440. I asked TCL to confirm.
Aug 7, 2008
469 posts
174 upvotes
digidon wrote: Amazon works out $80+ cheaper than best buy FWIW.

Best buy seems to be charging $51 shipping because it's so huge, plus a $25 Enviro fee. Plus tax.

1989 vs 1903 in BC
I didn't realize Amazon doesn't charge an Enviro Fee. Interesting.
Jan 23, 2009
645 posts
588 upvotes
VI
haushinka wrote: I didn't realize Amazon doesn't charge an Enviro Fee. Interesting.
I think they are supposed to but I aint telling them
Nov 24, 2019
445 posts
526 upvotes
Saskatoon
haushinka wrote: It's 120hz @ 1440. I asked TCL to confirm.
For accepted input yeah. The panel is 120HZ though is what I was talking about, even if you're feeding it a 60HZ signal.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1075 posts
668 upvotes
zobblplatz wrote: Last gen titles and low detail titles. It’s not running Metro Exodus on ultra at 120 with raytracing.

How do you think that’s going to pan out going forward?
First off, Im just stating facts. Its a game that is currently outputting native 4k at 120fps on XBSX. Both game examples are.

The line between what you consider a "last gen" and "next gen" game are totally blurred now. These are games developed to be played wherever they get played on at the current time. Especially Squadrons which is on PC also. When they were developing it, they didnt say "this is a last gen game". They said "this is a game we're developing. Period."

So when optimizing for XBSX, they now push the limits up to its full potential. It doesnt matter what platform it is, its optimized now as a 4k HDR 120fps game, whether you consider it "last gen" or not.
Fine, some games don't have ray tracing or some intensive effects, but does that make it last gen? Depends on if the game's art style needs it. Ori is animated style, so no. Again just stating hard examples to answer your statement; these games run native 4k 120fps HDR.
Last edited by swaghunter on Dec 4th, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 16, 2011
268 posts
163 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I really wanted this deal to happen but now that it has I'm not sure if I want to spend the extra 300 as compared to the series 5.
Registered Real Estate Sales Representative
Jan 23, 2009
645 posts
588 upvotes
VI
swaghunter wrote: First off, Im just stating facts. Its a game that is currently outputting native 4k at 120fps on XBSX. Both game examples are.

The line between what you consider a "last gen" and "next gen" game are totally blurred now. These are games developed to be played wherever they get played on at the current time. Especially Squadrons which is on PC also. When they were developing it, they didnt say "this is a last gen game". They said "this is a game we're developing. Period."

So when optimizing for XBSX, they now push the limits up to its full potential. It doesnt matter what platform it is, its optimized now as a 4k HDR 120fps game, whether you consider it "last gen" or not.
I don't think that's quite right. Squadrons runs at 4k 120fps with HDR? Do you have a source for that?

I just ordered this screen, I feel this is going to be like the "4k gaming" advertised by the xbone x, sure some side scrollers and low detail games play at full scale, but the big AAA games (like Jedi fallen order I just played) are actually 1440p 30. The series x will just raise the baseline up but true "4K 120" games will not be the standard across the board.
Oct 30, 2008
753 posts
4 upvotes
I guess nobody bothered to tell BB & Amazon that Black Friday was *last* week, eh?

This is the TV I wanted, but ended up buying the 75" Hisense Q8G instead. Oh well.
:)
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Is this better than X900h? Dove care too much about gaming.. I care about PQ for TV shows and Movies. Day to Day viewing... I have a 6yo n 5yo and they watch 80% of the time

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)