Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Anker Roav Bolt w/Google Assistant - $29.99 - Google Version of Echo Auto

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 8:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2531 posts
3249 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Best Buy] Anker Roav Bolt w/Google Assistant - $29.99 - Google Version of Echo Auto

I've had mine for approx. 2yrs now, and I love it as my car doesn't have Bluetooth but aux port, its great for making handsfree calls, playing music from Spotify and also for engaging Google Assistant for stuff like directions.

Last edited by remik on Jul 27th, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
57 replies
Jan 22, 2010
109 posts
66 upvotes
Regina
Curious if you use it with an iPhone or Android. I know it supports but but I also know ios is more limited. Wondering if it's works ok with iPhone.
Sep 11, 2008
576 posts
293 upvotes
Quebec
Doesn't your phone have GAssist? Why do you need it on an USB device, I'm confused?
Oct 2, 2019
279 posts
177 upvotes
remik wrote: I've had mine for approx. 2yrs now, and I love it as my car doesn't have Bluetooth but aux port, its great for making handsfree calls, playing music from Spotify and also for engaging Google Assistant for stuff like directions.
Can you explain your setup? can’t you already do all those if you have an aux port?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3395 posts
558 upvotes
GTA
I'm at the stage where I'm deciding between ecosystems. I have an Amazon echo dot in my garage to listen to Spotify while working out.

I have a pixel 3a and think it would pair better with Google home and this in my old car. Bought the echo auto yesterday, again good, but I'm itching to try Google. Thoughts from anyone who has experience with both?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1238 posts
904 upvotes
Montreal
I've been using mine for a few months so here are my thoughts.

- The bolt connect to your AUX port so sound is directly linked to your car sound system
- Yes you can talk directly to the phone but the Bolt understands you a lot better, especially if your car is not sound isolated like mine on the highway
- When you receive a notification, you can press the button on the bolt to have it read for you (Android only I think)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2531 posts
3249 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
k847848 wrote: Can you explain your setup? can’t you already do all those if you have an aux port?
Yeah, but my car has no Bluetooth, so I mainly use it for making handsfree calls and playing Spotify by voice, plays crystal clear out of car speakers. The odd time I'll ask the weather, or directions, or hours for a store while driving.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2531 posts
3249 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
flamez1000 wrote: I'm at the stage where I'm deciding between ecosystems. I have an Amazon echo dot in my garage to listen to Spotify while working out.

I have a pixel 3a and think it would pair better with Google home and this in my old car. Bought the echo auto yesterday, again good, but I'm itching to try Google. Thoughts from anyone who has experience with both?
My house is all Google, I grabbed a Lenovo P10 with Amazon dock, thought I'd give Alexa a try, for me Alexa was nowhere near as helpful as GA, packed up the dock and now using the P10 as a standalone tablet.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2531 posts
3249 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
dr_jared88 wrote: Curious if you use it with an iPhone or Android. I know it supports but but I also know ios is more limited. Wondering if it's works ok with iPhone.

Bit more limited with iOS
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1328 posts
2508 upvotes
I wish the car charger supported power delivery. Oh well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2531 posts
3249 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Gr4v1ty wrote: Doesn't your phone have GAssist? Why do you need it on an USB device, I'm confused?
It does, but I think the video review site explains it better, sometimes due to road noise my phone won't pick up "Hey Google" the mics on the Roav Bolt are better plus there is also the "hot key" button.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2531 posts
3249 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
redkulat wrote: Anyone have a $5 filler item?
Buy 2, gift one, or sell it.

I bought originally for $49.99 USD from the US, ..this is a great deal/price.
Jan 7, 2003
245 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: What do you mean? It has 2 USB charging ports.
USB PD is basically the new fast charging standard, QC3 is now outdated.