Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Apple AirPods Pro In-Ear Noise Cancelling Truly Wireless Headphones - White

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
lefroset wrote: I tried the Pro some weeks back and while I was initially very impressed, the large rubber tips eventually no longer held an adequate seal. They did initially pass the seal test in settings, but later wouldn't. I didn't care to go spend further money on foam tips to solve the problem, so I returned them.
The Comply foam tips are actually pretty good tho. They actually allow the Airpods to stay in ear unlike the original tips. You get three sets for about $37, with M being the one that fits most.

COMPLY Foam Apple AirPods Pro 2.0 Earbud Tips for Comfortable, Noise-Canceling Earphones That Click On, and Stay Put (Medium, 3 Pairs) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088KR36Z7/ref ... RA79?psc=1
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
je190060 wrote: More recognize than huawei? A multi billion industry lol.
It's not because it's not from California that it's unknown lol
Not for headphones they aren’t compared to say Jabra or Sony. Add in their politics and it’s not something everyone wants to be associated with.
Apr 20, 2018
252 posts
678 upvotes
saffant wrote: Not for headphones they aren’t compared to say Jabra or Sony. Add in their politics and it’s not something everyone wants to be associated with.
Best thing you should do, is buy both, test them both in daily usage, etc. and make a choice.
Deciding on skipping earbuds that, like I told you, are BETTER than airpods in sound, just because you don't "trust" the brand is so stupid.
Brand recognition buying a Car, I get it, it is a gigantic investment, but these are earbuds man lol.
Even funnier that you mention Jabra in the same conversion as the other aforementioned. They were completely unknown 5 years back before doing a lot of marketing
Oct 6, 2020
649 posts
1117 upvotes
je190060 wrote: People with tinfoil hat will go crazy just because of the brand name, but if you want amazing earbuds with great noise cancelling and very similar look/performance as airpods, the Huawei Freebuds Pro are 19% off.
I bought both the airpods pro, and freebuds pro, and ended up keeping the freebuds in the end, which is a testament of their quality !
https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/dp/B08HCF1N4 ... UTF8&psc=1
LOL...I have these...and the old airpods (not the pros).

The Huawei's are a joke. For that price point, they are miles behind Apple. Overall, sounds it good (I'd say on par with apple), but the NC is not even close (just based on using my friends pro's for a few hours), and the battery life is horrendous!!!!

They would be an okay purchase at a $75-$100 price point...for $185, better off spending some more and grabbing the Airpods or Sony's.

I got mine for free at a work raffle, and I am still considering getting the pro's.
Apr 20, 2018
252 posts
678 upvotes
teedomo88 wrote: LOL...I have these...and the old airpods (not the pros).

The Huawei's are a joke. For that price point, they are miles behind Apple. Overall, sounds it good (I'd say on par with apple), but the NC is not even close (just based on using my friends pro's for a few hours), and the battery life is horrendous!!!!

They would be an okay purchase at a $75-$100 price point...for $185, better off spending some more and grabbing the Airpods or Sony's.

I got mine for free at a work raffle, and I am still considering getting the pro's.
interesting, this just show how subjective and personal these sounds are! Didn't have the same experience at all.
Oct 6, 2020
649 posts
1117 upvotes
je190060 wrote: interesting, this just show how subjective and personal these sounds are! Didn't have the same experience at all.
I guess..I am also using an iPhone. Nothing compares to the compatibility with Airpods and iphones.....the Huawei's might work better with androids.
Jan 10, 2005
128 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
GaberC wrote: Same problem here.
Apparently they have sold out of the case and online so be aware that you will not receive them if you order from Best buy.
Jun 5, 2017
136 posts
158 upvotes
Found the Huaweis to have a lot of interference and static. Almost like someone was listening on the other end.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
je190060 wrote: Best thing you should do, is buy both, test them both in daily usage, etc. and make a choice.
Deciding on skipping earbuds that, like I told you, are BETTER than airpods in sound, just because you don't "trust" the brand is so stupid.
Brand recognition buying a Car, I get it, it is a gigantic investment, but these are earbuds man lol.
Even funnier that you mention Jabra in the same conversion as the other aforementioned. They were completely unknown 5 years back before doing a lot of marketing
Not worth the hassle and price for me. Even the AP pro are pushing it despite the 248$ sale price these days; ain't no way in hell I'd spend 185 on "Huawei" earbuds. I'd rather get the Jabra 85t or Sony wf-xm3 instead. Also Jabra is an established player that specializes in audio regardless of when they became popular. It's laughable that you'd even compare those freebies to the Airpods pros though lol.
Apr 20, 2018
252 posts
678 upvotes
saffant wrote: Not worth the hassle and price for me. Even the AP pro are pushing it despite the 248$ sale price these days; ain't no way in hell I'd spend 185 on "Huawei" earbuds. I'd rather get the Jabra 85t or Sony wf-xm3 instead. Also Jabra is an established player that specializes in audio regardless of when they became popular. It's laughable that you'd even compare those freebies to the Airpods pros though lol.
You just show your ignorance thinking these are not great quality just because they are not popular in north america.
Some of the best phones don't leave the chinese market, look at the recently released Xiaomi Mi MIx 4, or the camera on the mi 11 pro.
Like I said, this is not surprising. You, like many, are super close minded because marketing from the likes of Apple and Samsung brainwash you into thinking their brands are superior, when the only thing superior is real estate in your brain from the millions in marketing they invest in north america.

Every single review of the freebuds pro puts them in the exact same category as the airpods pro, as premium ANC earbuds. You just have a bias toward what you know more, and what's been marketed to you. But you aren't the only one, this is the power of marketing I personnaly leverage every single day in my day-job, and I probably have many bias too because of that, so I get it...

Last point: Price is an important factor for many, and what I'm saying is that freebuds pro are very comparable to airpods pro, with a pricetag of 185$ versus airpods at 250$. That is a huge price gap
Nov 13, 2020
13 posts
21 upvotes
I too didn’t receive the free case. I called Best Buy and, without too much fuss, they placed and order for me for $0 and the case is shipping out today.

I wonder if it is a systems glitch because I did not see that free case advertised anywhere. The case only gets added when you add the item to your cart.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4653 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
je190060 wrote: People with tinfoil hat will go crazy just because of the brand name, but if you want amazing earbuds with great noise cancelling and very similar look/performance as airpods, the Huawei Freebuds Pro are 19% off.
I bought both the airpods pro, and freebuds pro, and ended up keeping the freebuds in the end, which is a testament of their quality !
https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/dp/B08HCF1N4 ... UTF8&psc=1
Or, you know, value quality and experience with a reliable product!?

I know the Apple stuff is expensive and overpriced at MSRP, but it's damn reliable. Given the choice between Airpods Pro at $250 or Huawei Freebuds at $225, it's a no brainer for the Airpods. If it's the Airpods Pro at $250 vs the Freebuds at $185, then I would at least consider the freebuds, but I'd do a lot of research into reliability and quality before I was comfortable pulling the trigger on the Huawei ones.
Apr 20, 2018
252 posts
678 upvotes
jiffylube1024 wrote: Or, you know, value quality and experience with a reliable product!?

I know the Apple stuff is expensive and overpriced at MSRP, but it's damn reliable. Given the choice between Airpods Pro at $250 or Huawei Freebuds at $225, it's a no brainer for the Airpods. If it's the Airpods Pro at $250 vs the Freebuds at $185, then I would at least consider the freebuds, but I'd do a lot of research into reliability and quality before I was comfortable pulling the trigger on the Huawei ones.
You are right on that. The reaason I mentionned the huawei was when they had a slashed price of 185$. at 225$, its too close to apple indeed.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9733 upvotes
BC
henrik112 wrote: The Comply foam tips are actually pretty good tho. They actually allow the Airpods to stay in ear unlike the original tips. You get three sets for about $37, with M being the one that fits most.

COMPLY Foam Apple AirPods Pro 2.0 Earbud Tips for Comfortable, Noise-Canceling Earphones That Click On, and Stay Put (Medium, 3 Pairs) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088KR36Z7/ref ... RA79?psc=1
I bought some generics off AliExpress (couldn't bring myself to spend that much for complys) and they have been holding up well. The original silicone tips didn't work with my ears.

If you don't want to wait 3-4 weeks Amazon has some options too.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Personally if I'm going non-Apple, I like Samsung's offerings most. The Buds+ is very good sounding at its $100 price point, and the Buds Pro is a very good offering too if you need ANC. Haven't tried the buds 2, but generally Samsung has done no wrong with this lineup. Samsung's ownership of AKG shows through in all their sound gear.

Outside of Apple, all of these headphones eventually gets discounted very heavily, so if you really want those huawei's for some reason, I expect they will drop in price more. If Apple can get discounted 25%, then the other brands are likely to see bigger discounts than that.
Nov 13, 2020
13 posts
21 upvotes
Gummibear69 wrote: I too didn’t receive the free case. I called Best Buy and, without too much fuss, they placed and order for me for $0 and the case is shipping out today.

I wonder if it is a systems glitch because I did not see that free case advertised anywhere. The case only gets added when you add the item to your cart.
Arrived
Images
  • PXL_20210902_144327966.jpg
Sep 2, 2019
377 posts
550 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I do not support Bestbuy's scammy return policy. I was told 'If you open it, you can't return it'. So I asked... What if there's something missing or it's broken/defective? They said thats out of their control, what a joke

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)