Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Apple MacBook Air 13.3 2017 Model for $999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2018 12:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3430 posts
3603 upvotes
Montreal

[Best Buy] Apple MacBook Air 13.3 2017 Model for $999.99

Decent deal since it rarely goes on sale. Cheaper than at Apple with the student discount.

BTW for Quebecers like me where we get dinged with 15% tax. You can price match at London Drugs and only pay GST!
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 28th, 2018 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added retailer to title
79 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1353 posts
1545 upvotes
Good deal but if you can hold off I'd wait, this Mac is due for a major upgrade.

Best guess: Retina display, USB C, thinner, lighter and more magical.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4461 posts
1203 upvotes
Toronto, ON
+1 hold off for now...
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1350 posts
3581 upvotes
New Brunswick
lleb13 wrote: Good deal but if you can hold off I'd wait, this Mac is due for a major upgrade.

People have been saying that for the last few years. I think the new 12-inch Macbooks have taken the spot of thin and light with retina display.

At most, there'll probably just be a slight update to the CPU like we got last year.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1428 posts
2367 upvotes
Toronto, ON
danzerino wrote: Decent deal since it rarely goes on sale. Cheaper than at Apple with the student discount.
It ALWAYS goes on sale for this price at BestBuy. At least three or four times a year and guaranteed at Xmas season.
Best to hold off as it's long due for upgrade.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3083 posts
909 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
WIll probably get downvoted for this, but I'm still not sure how people are willing to pay top dollar for older HW.

If you don't need mac OS, you can easily get an 8th gen i5 device with a FHD or FHD+ screen for roughly the same price. A prime example of this is the matebook X.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8641 posts
8982 upvotes
bargain man wrote: WIll probably get downvoted for this, but I'm still not sure how people are willing to pay top dollar for older HW.

If you don't need mac OS, you can easily get an 8th gen i5 device with a FHD or FHD+ screen for roughly the same price. A prime example of this is the matebook X.
But if you DO need the Mac OS, then what? Sorry, but you are comparing apples to oranges, for many Mac OS is what they want, for varying reasons.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8663 upvotes
GTHA
bargain man wrote: WIll probably get downvoted for this, but I'm still not sure how people are willing to pay top dollar for older HW.

Fyi, you will not get downvoted since the option to downvote replies has been removed
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3083 posts
909 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
repatch wrote: But if you DO need the Mac OS, then what? Sorry, but you are comparing apples to oranges, for many Mac OS is what they want, for varying reasons.
I would wait for a refresh or get a refurb MBP. This machine is not good value at all.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2974 posts
867 upvotes
I need to get my daughter a new laptop for September. Her previous laptop was a Mac Air, so would prefer to stick with Mac. THis will meet her needs (basic web/email/office). When is a refresh expected? Just trying to get an idea of whether it is worth waiting. Normally I see $150 off the Air, so this looks fairly good to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1353 posts
1545 upvotes
knapper wrote: I need to get my daughter a new laptop for September. Her previous laptop was a Mac Air, so would prefer to stick with Mac. THis will meet her needs (basic web/email/office). When is a refresh expected? Just trying to get an idea of whether it is worth waiting. Normally I see $150 off the Air, so this looks fairly good to me.
Unfortunately Apple is anything but dumb. They tend to do refreshes in the fall (October).
That being said you should wait until their back to school sale before buying.

https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Air

This was last years' back to school promo
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/18/ap ... -end-date/
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: Good deal but if you can hold off I'd wait, this Mac is due for a major upgrade.
Does not make sense.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
repatch wrote: But if you DO need the Mac OS, then what? Sorry, but you are comparing apples to oranges, for many Mac OS is what they want, for varying reasons.
If you "need" the Mac OS, it's likely that it's very application specific, as such, you probably wouldn't get the "air".

Wanting Mac OS is another matter.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2974 posts
867 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: Unfortunately Apple is anything but dumb. They tend to do refreshes in the fall (October).

Thanks, but am not sure I will hold off, current Air does not charge and you should see the physical damage - been dropped more than a few times (not allowed to carry backpack in school even though they are required to BYOD), I am astounded that the screen still works.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: Unfortunately Apple is anything but dumb. They tend to do refreshes in the fall (October).

Yeah, lines up with Black Friday, x'mas and new year. Then fiscal reports....and stocks.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
knapper wrote: Thanks, but am not sure I will hold off, current Air does not charge and you should see the physical damage - been dropped more than a few times (not allowed to carry backpack in school even though they are required to BYOD), I am astounded that the screen still works.
What's the rationale behind this? (I don't have kids...so I don't know).
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2974 posts
867 upvotes
chatbox wrote: What's the rationale behind this? (I don't have kids...so I don't know).
Not too sure to be honest, but am sure it's an issue in the halls. Allowed in HS, but not Middle School.
Feb 1, 2018
316 posts
157 upvotes

How long? My relative's birthday is by end of July and I would like to offer this as gift...