Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Apple TV (4k - 32gb) Open Box $149.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2019 6:14 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10396 posts
2601 upvotes
Scarberia
whats this new apple tv app? can u install it on the nvidia shield? if yes, whats the link to dload, tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Newbie
Apr 2, 2017
7 posts
14 upvotes
Personally, I like the user interface especially combined with the remote (even my mom can figure it out!). Also, the killer app for me is Infuse 6. This app lets me stream directly from google drive as if it was a plex server and I haven't found something similar in terms of features on other platforms. The app does have a $1.50/mo subscription but it is well worth it.
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2017
619 posts
854 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: whats this new apple tv app? can u install it on the nvidia shield? if yes, whats the link to dload, tia
No. As far as I'm aware it's only on Samsung TVs currently, but will be coming to other TVs in the future (LG, Sony and Vizio). It doesn't do 4K or HDR though.
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2017
619 posts
854 upvotes
blu45514 wrote: Personally, I like the user interface especially combined with the remote (even my mom can figure it out!). Also, the killer app for me is Infuse 6. This app lets me stream directly from google drive as if it was a plex server and I haven't found something similar in terms of features on other platforms. The app does have a $1.50/mo subscription but it is well worth it.
Infuse is a fantastic app. If I didn't like the entire Plex ecosystem so much I'd maybe use it more. It's great for 4K files though.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1496 posts
332 upvotes
GTA
Batsassin wrote: Was that open box too?
No, the Costco deal was $149 brand new. But that deal was in store.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
766 upvotes
Moncton
blu45514 wrote: Personally, I like the user interface especially combined with the remote (even my mom can figure it out!). Also, the killer app for me is Infuse 6. This app lets me stream directly from google drive as if it was a plex server and I haven't found something similar in terms of features on other platforms. The app does have a $1.50/mo subscription but it is well worth it.
Ya I used infuse while Plex was figuring out 4K/hdr support. Great app, but I already have Plex pass.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2469 posts
2786 upvotes
Fredericton
KevinC268 wrote: Ya I used infuse while Plex was figuring out 4K/hdr support. Great app, but I already have Plex pass.
Plex still can't handle Atmos and TrueHD on the AppleTV, it can't even use passthrough, it just downmixes them to 5.1. Infuse and MrMC are still the go to apps for most 4K videos. How many 4K HDR vids don't have a Atmos or TrueHD soundtrack these days? I can't think of many.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 18, 2017
929 posts
1842 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: Infuse is a fantastic app. If I didn't like the entire Plex ecosystem so much I'd maybe use it more. It's great for 4K files though.
I bought infuse pro after using Plex for a few years. What killed Plex for me was that the transcoding took forever. I love how Infuse just *plays* most content without any extra encoding requirements. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to Plex because of this.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2017
619 posts
854 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: I bought infuse pro after using Plex for a few years. What killed Plex for me was that the transcoding took forever. I love how Infuse just *plays* most content without any extra encoding requirements. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to Plex because of this.
I get that. Personally Plex plays all my files without transcoding (or at least 99% of them) and I like that I can use it on any device, whereas Infuse isn’t on every device and I believe you either have to pay per device or per OS? Having Plex work across my Roku, Chromecast, etc as well as my iOS devices is just so seamless to me.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 22, 2004
2284 posts
373 upvotes
I really have to try Infuse, but I will feel like I am cheating on Plex...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2362 posts
1574 upvotes
Prince George
dieselboy27 wrote: No, the Costco deal was $149 brand new. But that deal was in store.
It actually dropped further after the thread was moved to Expired (no stock in COTU == expired I guess). I bought two at $99.97.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1335 posts
2507 upvotes
Markham
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: I get that. Personally Plex plays all my files without transcoding (or at least 99% of them) and I like that I can use it on any device, whereas Infuse isn’t on every device and I believe you either have to pay per device or per OS? Having Plex work across my Roku, Chromecast, etc as well as my iOS devices is just so seamless to me.
If you buy Infuse lifetime subscription (or any of their subscription plans), it works on all devices once you login. I'm using it on both Apple TV and iPad.

Top