Best Buy

Arcade 1Up Bandai Legacy Arcade Game Pac-mania Edition + riser w/ 14 games $299

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2022 6:52 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2021
323 posts
1302 upvotes

[Best Buy] Arcade 1Up Bandai Legacy Arcade Game Pac-mania Edition + riser w/ 14 games $299

Classic arcade machine provides hours of nostalgic fun for the whole family

Includes 14 games: Pac-Mania, Pac-Man, Pac & Pal, Super Pac-Man, Pac-Man Plus, Pac-Land, Galaga, Galaxian, Galaga '88, Mappy, Dig Dug, Dig Dug II, Rompers, Rolling Thunder

Suitable for one to two players aged 14 and up
Anti-tip over strap keeps the unit securely fastened to the wall while you play

On-screen menu makes it easy to navigate to the game of your choice

Wi-Fi Live online play lets you play against remote opponents and battle for a spot on the online leaderboard

Pac Man-themed cabinet, custom riser, light-up marquee, and moulded coin door add dynamic style to your game room

Dimensions: Width: 50cm (19.69"); height: 147cm (57.87"); depth: 52cm (20.47")

Also same price at the Bay
https://www.thebay.com/product/arcade-1 ... lsrc=aw.ds
Images
  • F6CA81F9-4714-4432-93CE-592D0F3C3601.jpeg
Last edited by Hadoken613 on Dec 9th, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1353 posts
727 upvotes
Best buy and the Bay are not the same...
Feb 18, 2017
53 posts
110 upvotes
Prince George, BC
Third-party seller and I don't see more information on the seller on the web site that is useful, so buyer beware

UPDATE: OP was updated with the Best Buy link, I was referring to the Bay link
Last edited by peliopoulos1 on Dec 9th, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1946 posts
932 upvotes
Scarborough
peliopoulos1 wrote: Third-party seller and I don't see more information on the seller on the web site that is useful, so buyer beware
i see sold and ship by Bestbuy.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2647 posts
2129 upvotes
We need a consolidated Arcade 1Up thread. I think this is the 6th thread of the day lol
May 19, 2021
131 posts
82 upvotes
sweet im buying this and simpsons. wish ninja turtles was on sale
Mar 26, 2012
233 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
QuickFingers wrote: I would just go with The Simpsons one for $100 more versus $299 for Pac-Man if you are planning to mod and play with more than one player.

EDIT:
Other thread - Arcade1Up The Simpsons Arcade Machine with Riser $399.99
I was about to write this too. The Simpsons one looks nice, I would love a Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter one.

Any links to how you can mod these?
May 20, 2011
262 posts
695 upvotes
CALGARY
Damn, this looks nice and all but I just can't justify paying $300 for something like this. Especially when there's only one set of controls (?). Are people doing something special with these that makes them worth it?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1148 posts
1785 upvotes
Vancouver
xTheRebellion wrote: I was about to write this too. The Simpsons one looks nice, I would love a Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter one.

Any links to how you can mod these?
Depends on what you want to do. I have the Street Fighter II legacy edition (no riser) back when it was first sold at Walmart and due to some price error I managed to get it for $299. I modded mine back in 2018/2019 and added stuff like:

- Raspberry Pi 3B+,
- Flirc Raspberry Pi Case Gen 2 (new model)
- Samsung 128GB microSD card + 500GB external Seagate portable HDD
- Logitech K400 (non-plus model) wireless keyboard + touchpad
- EG starts 2-player arcade cabinet kit: buttons, joysticks, zero delay USB encoders, etc...
- 4-port hub (looks like the Best Buy essential 4-port USB 2 .0 travel hub)
- Kasa smart plugs (to tell Google assistant to turn on arcade or turn off arcade)
- iGlowSound tower wireless bluetooth speaker (using 3.5mm jack to Raspberry Pi for sound, no need to buy a stereo amplifier in this case)
- Software and ROMs that are freely available if you use Google search or YouTube on the how-to's

I have more things done to it over time (ex. using Wii zapper guns or wiimote with Mayflash dolphin bar to play Terminator 2) but I had to leave the project/hobby to move onto other things. My kids play with it here and there but mostly on their birthday parties with their friends. My entire basement rec room is a game room with arcade basket ball, Arcade 1Up pinball machine (soft-modded) as well.

It's a game changer that the Simpson's arcade cabinet can easily be soft-modded (just like the pinball machines) is a game changer, just shows how much has changed. I also had the T2 cabinet before (also from a Best Buy price error) but didn't keep it for that long after finding out that it can't be modded which is too bad because I really have liked to use the Sinden light guns it came with on the cabinet.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that another piece of hardware I had to buy was the LCD display HDMI, DVI, VGA, audio driver controller board too.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 19, 2003
8133 posts
760 upvotes
QuickFingers wrote: Depends on what you want to do. I have the Street Fighter II legacy edition (no riser) back when it was first sold at Walmart and due to some price error I managed to get it for $299. I modded mine back in 2018/2019 and added stuff like:

- Raspberry Pi 3B+,
- Flirc Raspberry Pi Case Gen 2 (new model)
- Samsung 128GB microSD card + 500GB external Seagate portable HDD
- Logitech K400 (non-plus model) wireless keyboard + touchpad
- EG starts 2-player arcade cabinet kit: buttons, joysticks, zero delay USB encoders, etc...
- 4-port hub (looks like the Best Buy essential 4-port USB 2 .0 travel hub)
- Kasa smart plugs (to tell Google assistant to turn on arcade or turn off arcade)
- iGlowSound tower wireless bluetooth speaker (using 3.5mm jack to Raspberry Pi for sound, no need to buy a stereo amplifier in this case)
- Software and ROMs that are freely available if you use Google search or YouTube on the how-to's

I have more things done to it over time (ex. using Wii zapper guns or wiimote with Mayflash dolphin bar to play Terminator 2) but I had to leave the project/hobby to move onto other things. My kids play with it here and there but mostly on their birthday parties with their friends. My entire basement rec room is a game room with arcade basket ball, Arcade 1Up pinball machine (soft-modded) as well.

It's a game changer that the Simpson's arcade cabinet can easily be soft-modded (just like the pinball machines) is a game changer, just shows how much has changed. I also had the T2 cabinet before (also from a Best Buy price error) but didn't keep it for that long after finding out that it can't be modded which is too bad because I really have liked to use the Sinden light guns it came with on the cabinet.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that another piece of hardware I had to buy was the LCD display HDMI, DVI, VGA, audio driver controller board too.
Would you recommend the Simpsons over the Pacman? For moddability. Number of players aside.
hi!
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1148 posts
1785 upvotes
Vancouver
masterhapposai wrote: Would you recommend the Simpsons over the Pacman? For moddability. Number of players aside.
I would recommend The Simpsons cabinet over Pacman/Pac-Mania if you do not plan on adding any more buttons (will need a drill and a forstner bit), a trackball, or other then it can be modded with a Raspberry Pi and other additional hardware. But a lot of newer cabinets are coming out with android PCBs so soft-modding is the way to go if you want to play other titles without a lot of extra expenses to mod however at this time it is recommended to only soft-mod with RetroArch and not with other cabinet .APK files (like what you can do with the Arcade 1Up pinball machines).
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12141 posts
4974 upvotes
Steal of a deal.

Never seen $299 on these widely available.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1736 posts
1735 upvotes
We don't need Pacman from Bandai. We need Gundam vs Gundam. Get it done Arcade1Up. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
[OP]
Nov 14, 2021
323 posts
1302 upvotes
CCHIPSS wrote: We don't need Pacman from Bandai. We need Gundam vs Gundam. Get it done Arcade1Up. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Still looks like fun. And I love Mappy. I WOULD like to see street fighter 3 third strike and Alpha 2. But hey…2023 maybe
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3064 posts
1365 upvotes
Hadoken613 wrote: Fixed
Price at the Bay is now $400
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Dec 7, 2013
883 posts
870 upvotes
Quebec
Sigh I was waiting on a vertical cabinet forever and I had to miss this

Oh well
Aug 15, 2022
387 posts
454 upvotes
Too bad this is only for 1 player. The Simpsons cabinet looks interesting, however 4-player controls seem a little excessive. Can anyone recommend a 2-player cabinet that can be soft-modded?