Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Arcade1Up The Simpsons Arcade Machine with Riser $399.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2023 7:50 pm
77 replies
Nov 20, 2016
2 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
If I had space and any friends, I would totally get this :-(
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2952 posts
4344 upvotes
Toronto, ON
User808868 wrote: If I had space and any friends, I would totally get this :-(
I'll be your friend. A/S/L?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4539 posts
3462 upvotes
Edmonton
Great deal!

This model can also be softmodded to run many other games via RetroArch. Should work well for other 4-player action titles like TMNT, X-Men, Captain Commando, and Golden Axe,

Sep 2, 2007
351 posts
278 upvotes
ChinpokoMon wrote: Great deal!

This model can also be softmodded to run many other games via RetroArch. Should work well for other 4-player action titles like TMNT, X-Men, Captain Commando, and Golden Axe,

FFS! Damnit I splurged on the brick NBA Jam cab I think 499? With the hopes to mod it and than realized many of the other 4 player cabs like this simpsons could soft mod to play other games easy peazy lemon squeezee, but for some reason this doesn't work on NBA jam which I guess isn't android based? Very strange and unfortunate...

But being a huge NBA fan I also just really wanted the NBA jam cabinet art but been hesitant to spend time/money modding it just yet.

If anyone figures out how to soft mod NBA Jam lemme know :)

This is very tempting at this price and I almost forgot comes with the big track ball, man that would be handy for several other games I'd imagine, missile command and maybe even golden tee?
Apr 19, 2022
31 posts
28 upvotes

interesting! thanks for sharing this, now i'm very interested. Do you know if the wifi can be leveraged by retroarch, or is it locked to the simpsons?
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4213 posts
779 upvotes
T.O.
Thank you OP

Got one from amazon! Was planning on modding a Street Fighter 2 cab, but this looks simpler and 4 people is a bonus. Going to sell that Sreet Fighter cab now.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5486 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto
So tempted especially with the easy softmod. Kind of wish it was 6 button/2 controller versus 2 button/4 controller to maximize the variety of games.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1846 posts
463 upvotes

This post made me take the plunge lol - I wish it was the x-men cab but for 399 it'll do.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9673 posts
9200 upvotes

I guess limitation is only for games that only need 2 buttons?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2335 posts
1038 upvotes
Toronto
Wrestlemania wrote: I'll be your friend. A/S/L?
People still use "asl"? Wow, I can only remember that term being used in the 90s and early 2000, but not now
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9673 posts
9200 upvotes
DealsHunterCo wrote: People still use "asl"? Wow, I can only remember that term being used in the 90s and early 2000, but not now
Well, who do you think the demographic is that value these arcade cabinets? :D

It's going to suck for kids from mid 2000s forward. All the nostalgia they get to relive on is just a slap of glass.
Last edited by Xtrema on Dec 9th, 2022 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
1038 posts
2390 upvotes
This is a great deal. My modded street fighter cab costs way more than $399.
Apr 19, 2022
31 posts
28 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: I guess limitation is only for games that only need 2 buttons?
yeah that seems like it. i mistakenly thought this was 4 buttons, which is already limited. L
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4539 posts
3462 upvotes
Edmonton
dealguy69 wrote: Do you know if the wifi can be leveraged by retroarch, or is it locked to the simpsons?
Yes, RetroArch will be able to use the wifi connectivity once it's configured in Android.
Traian2003 wrote: Thank you OP

Was planning on modding a Street Fighter 2 cab, but this looks simpler and 4 people is a bonus. Going to sell that Sreet Fighter cab now.
Depends on the types of games that you'd like to play. For fighting games, the SF cab would be much preferred due to its 6-button layout.
icemasta wrote: So tempted especially with the easy softmod. Kind of wish it was 6 button/2 controller versus 2 button/4 controller to maximize the variety of games.
Xtrema wrote: I guess limitation is only for games that only need 2 buttons?
If you'd like to add more buttons to this cab, which is highly recommended since you'll be able to play way more games, you can do it by getting a replacement deck like this:
https://99livesarcade.com/store/ols/pro ... -panel-1up

Then you'll just need to wire the controls to 4 USB encoders and plug them into the stock PCB.

Instructions for adding the buttons:
https://leansmarthomes.com/arcade1up-cu ... panel-mod/
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2362 posts
723 upvotes
ChinpokoMon wrote: Yes, RetroArch will be able to use the wifi connectivity once it's configured in Android.

Depends on the types of games that you'd like to play. For fighting games, the SF cab would be much preferred due to its 6-button layout.

If you'd like to add more buttons to this cab, which is highly recommended since you'll be able to play way more games, you can do it by getting a replacement deck like this:
https://99livesarcade.com/store/ols/pro ... -panel-1up

Then you'll just need to wire the controls to 4 USB encoders and plug them into the stock PCB.

Instructions for adding the buttons:
https://leansmarthomes.com/arcade1up-cu ... panel-mod/
Wow I was just thinking... "Only if it had more buttons per player"... Wow can't believe this is a thing!
Sep 23, 2019
26 posts
20 upvotes
The nostalgia is so REAL with this cab... but hard to imagine 4 adults standing next to each other comfortably around this.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4539 posts
3462 upvotes
Edmonton
techfiftyfive wrote: The nostalgia is so REAL with this cab... but hard to imagine 4 adults standing next to each other comfortably around this.
Agreed. It'd be a tight fit.

For a more comfortable gaming experience with 4 adults, you could consider getting a replacement deck with an alternate layout like this. But it looks a bit weird IMO.
https://99livesarcade.com/store/ols/pro ... trol-panel