• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2021 5:41 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10040 posts
5009 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[Best Buy] ASUS 27" 1440p WQHD 165Hz IPS LED Monitor (VG27AQ) - Open Box $347.99

ASUS 27" 1440p WQHD 165Hz IPS LED Monitor (VG27AQ) - Open Box

27" LED screen with 1440p WQHD resolution (2560 x 1440 native) and 16: 9 aspect ratio backed by a 178-degree (H)/178-degree (V) viewing angle for producing high quality visuals to keep your gaming experience tight and life-like
IPS display with 1ms (MPRT) response time and 165Hz (overclocked) refresh rate keeps you hitched to your missions with optimal display and colour quality while offering a smooth gameplay feel
G-Sync compatibility and ELMB Sync technology provide you with super-smooth gameplays and sharper moving scenes at higher refresh rates so that you can take on missions without any stutters, screen-tearing and ghosting
WLED backlight works effective for offering better visibility especially during those late-night gaming sessions
Matte finish adds a polished look to the monitor's profile

Manufacturer's Warranty - Parts
3 Years
Manufacturer's Warranty - Labour
3 Years

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... x/14413269
Last edited by iSimple on May 25th, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telus Peace of Mind Plan $45 25GB
Thread Summary
Looking for a new screen? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best computer monitors!
69 replies
Oct 31, 2004
503 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
I got this delivered yesterday and the picture quality was a nice upgrade to my Dell S2716DG.

No dead pixels either, and the unit looked relatively new (some of the cable bags were open, but there was still the Asus promotional sticker at the top right of the monitor).

I decided to return it because it wakes up from sleep/power save very slowly (6-8secs).
My 2nd monitor wakes up after 2 secs, so my computer thinks the Asus is disconnected and shifts all my windows to my 2nd monitor. It only occurs on DisplayPort though, but if I connect with HDMI, there's no Gsync..

Also, a minor annoyance is that you have to enter the monitor menu to switch inputs whereas on my Dell, there's a dedicated button for inputs.
Feb 14, 2006
858 posts
999 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Must wait for HDMI 2.2 compatible units. Its like torture. What a nice monitor this is, but it isn't perfect in my life, so i continue to wait.
Aug 13, 2019
213 posts
492 upvotes
addicted2deals wrote: I got this delivered yesterday and the picture quality was a nice upgrade to my Dell S2716DG.

No dead pixels either, and the unit looked relatively new (some of the cable bags were open, but there was still the Asus promotional sticker at the top right of the monitor).

I decided to return it because it wakes up from sleep/power save very slowly (6-8secs).
My 2nd monitor wakes up after 2 secs, so my computer thinks the Asus is disconnected and shifts all my windows to my 2nd monitor. It only occurs on DisplayPort though, but if I connect with HDMI, there's no Gsync..

Also, a minor annoyance is that you have to enter the monitor menu to switch inputs whereas on my Dell, there's a dedicated button for inputs.
Yep, same thing happens. I have to turn this ASUS on first manually via button then move my mouse so it wakes up correctly. First world problems lol
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1947 posts
1461 upvotes
Langley
Would I be dumb to get this for a PS5 or get something 4K eventually?
Nov 15, 2006
514 posts
81 upvotes
Picked this monitor up months back during BB's last open box sale. I've been using it for gaming (yes it runs at 165hz) plus work. It's been absolutely fantastic.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6307 posts
2454 upvotes
Toronto
why does everyone want the Dell the other day but nobody wants this one? And this one is only save $175, while the Dell save like $300? yet the review above seems to say they are very comparable?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1000 posts
1135 upvotes
takes 8s to wake up????
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Feb 18, 2021
25 posts
8 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: why does everyone want the Dell the other day but nobody wants this one? And this one is only save $175, while the Dell save like $300? yet the review above seems to say they are very comparable?
Lot of ghosting at 60 fps apparently.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10040 posts
5009 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GammaRayFort wrote: takes 8s to wake up????
From the 38 reviews on bestbuy no one mentioned anything similar to that.
Apr 8, 2020
618 posts
794 upvotes
iSimple wrote: From the 38 reviews on bestbuy no one mentioned anything similar to that.
Have this monitor, have had it for months.

It's great, I wouldn't have mentioned it either. Do people really turn their monitors off and on? Figured most just leave them on, in low power state when PC is off, and when PC turns on, they turn on.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem, but I'm not getting any weird loading. Everything loads fine, not one monitor then the other, it all loads correctly on both monitors.
May 14, 2007
218 posts
99 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: Would I be dumb to get this for a PS5 or get something 4K eventually?
I believe this will take the 4k signal and output 1440p on monitor, but supposedly has a not so impressive performance on hdmi @ 60hz
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10040 posts
5009 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jokerpersona wrote: Have this monitor, have had it for months.

It's great, I wouldn't have mentioned it either. Do people really turn their monitors off and on? Figured most just leave them on, in low power state when PC is off, and when PC turns on, they turn on.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem, but I'm not getting any weird loading. Everything loads fine, not one monitor then the other, it all loads correctly on both monitors.
I guess people do lol.

I leave my monitor (not this one though) on all the time and just shut down the computer. Has never failed me yet and it’s pretty much instant.