Best Buy

ASUS 27" 1440p WQHD 165Hz IPS LED Monitor (VG27AQ) - Open Box $347.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2021 5:41 am
Oct 31, 2004
506 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Jokerpersona wrote: Have this monitor, have had it for months.

It's great, I wouldn't have mentioned it either. Do people really turn their monitors off and on? Figured most just leave them on, in low power state when PC is off, and when PC turns on, they turn on.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem, but I'm not getting any weird loading. Everything loads fine, not one monitor then the other, it all loads correctly on both monitors.
In my case, I don't turn off my monitors with the power button and simply let them turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity.
The problem I had was when I come back to my computer and Windows thinks there's only 1 monitor connected, so it moves all my open windows to my 2nd one, which wakes up in 1-2 secs.

If both of your monitors are the VG27AQ or if you're using it with the HDMI port, then it won't be an issue.
I have a different 2nd monitor, and I plugged the VG27AQ in my DisplayPort to get Gsync.

This is the reddit thread I found about the slow wakeup: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... _problems/
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1031 posts
1168 upvotes
Jokerpersona wrote: Have this monitor, have had it for months.

It's great, I wouldn't have mentioned it either. Do people really turn their monitors off and on? Figured most just leave them on, in low power state when PC is off, and when PC turns on, they turn on.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem, but I'm not getting any weird loading. Everything loads fine, not one monitor then the other, it all loads correctly on both monitors.
Yes you are misunderstanding the problem.

Try DP + HDMI setup.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Apr 8, 2020
666 posts
914 upvotes
GammaRayFort wrote: Yes you are misunderstanding the problem.

Try DP + HDMI setup.
I am using DP for gsync, and my second monitor is hdmi.

Literally have never had this problem. My second monitor is a Dell.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1031 posts
1168 upvotes
Jokerpersona wrote: I am using DP for gsync, and my second monitor is hdmi.

Do you like gold?
Post your setup and settings on those reddit threads and people will tip you.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Feb 4, 2011
98 posts
97 upvotes
Ottawa
MonsieurMiz wrote: What's the catch.
Open box = returned item => high risk of burnt pixel and/or missing cables.
Nov 21, 2018
50 posts
65 upvotes
GTA
addicted2deals wrote: In my case, I don't turn off my monitors with the power button and simply let them turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity.
The problem I had was when I come back to my computer and Windows thinks there's only 1 monitor connected, so it moves all my open windows to my 2nd one, which wakes up in 1-2 secs.

If both of your monitors are the VG27AQ or if you're using it with the HDMI port, then it won't be an issue.
I have a different 2nd monitor, and I plugged the VG27AQ in my DisplayPort to get Gsync.

This is the reddit thread I found about the slow wakeup: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... _problems/
I didn't look at the reddit thread you linked but this is a displayport issue on Windows (not exclusive to this monitor). It is finally being addressed in the next major Windows update (I believe the insider preview has the change).
Apr 22, 2017
180 posts
15 upvotes
Any VESA mount compatibility? Don't see any specs for it. Also don't see what inputs it has - DP/HDMI/DVI?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10066 posts
5048 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
davidqvu wrote: Any VESA mount compatibility? Don't see any specs for it. Also don't see what inputs it has - DP/HDMI/DVI?
VESA Wall Mounting : 100x100mm

Extensive connectivity options, including, I/O: DisplayPort1.2, HDMI (v2.0) support a wide array of multimedia devices.

https://www.asus.com/Displays-Desktops/ ... ng-VG27AQ/
Telus Peace of Mind Plan $45 25GB
Nov 12, 2011
897 posts
401 upvotes
Ontario
just received mine today, no dead pixels, performs well
Jan 23, 2017
2 posts
Can you post any photos of what it looks like? Any scratches or esthetic issues?
Nov 12, 2011
897 posts
401 upvotes
Ontario
Tabouziane wrote: Can you post any photos of what it looks like? Any scratches or esthetic issues?
Dont see any scratches so far, it even came with what looks like newly packed cables and the plastic film on certain areas were still there.
20210525_153642.jpg
Images
  • 20210525_153642.jpg
Jun 25, 2013
37 posts
17 upvotes
Really tempted to pull the trigger on this just dunno if 4k is really necessary for gaming hmm
Nov 15, 2009
567 posts
100 upvotes
GTA
If you play single player games get 4K, if you play competitive multiplayer get 1440p 144Hz
Oct 29, 2007
468 posts
40 upvotes
how much different between 165Hz and 60Hz for eyes feeling and health?
Oct 3, 2009
108 posts
124 upvotes
Thanks OP, pulled the trigger and bought one.
Dec 25, 2013
239 posts
143 upvotes
buying used/open boxs for highend monitors have a pretty high chance of having issues or dead/stuck pixels so make sure theres a return policy. I purchased an alienware aw2721d from amazon authorized reseller and it was working perfectly with no deadpixels/minimal bleeding until i turned on hdr and found out it has broken local dimming making HDR unusable.

Bestbuy.ca didnt let me return my brand new sd3220dfg even though it saids 14 days.
Last edited by ranawayz on May 25th, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 26, 2008
370 posts
304 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: Would I be dumb to get this for a PS5 or get something 4K eventually?
I think the 4k 120hz price point sub $500 is 18-24 months on a deal. This 2k 120hz is a great pick up. Just bought the open box Odyssey G5 and couldn’t be happier with it
LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED
Oct 12, 2014
876 posts
469 upvotes
London, ON
10% off code?
Public Mobile
$38 month
5GB Data
Unlimited international texting
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Jan 30, 2004
133 posts
18 upvotes
addicted2deals wrote: In my case, I don't turn off my monitors with the power button and simply let them turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity.

I got two VG27AQ hooked up to DP. Whenever I power off a monitor, Windows loses it. Sometimes my PC freezes when I turn the monitor off and I have to restart it. Happens about once a month.
Jokerpersona wrote: I am using DP for gsync, and my second monitor is hdmi.

Press power button on your monitor that is hooked up with the DP cable and see what happens
Jun 25, 2013
37 posts
17 upvotes
So I made the purchase last night and got the confirmation splash page but no email from best buy yet