Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Asus 28" 4k IPS with full ergonomic stand open box $366

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2020 12:15 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18052 posts
10856 upvotes
Ottawa
Blubbs wrote: I just mean it is an ergonomic stand, it has significant height adjustment, tilt, swivel and vertical orientation I believe. This is important to getting the monitor in the right position for use. And also for changing it if you have a sit stand desk.
I used to always buy Dell Ultrasharps which included height adjustable stands. I didn't even realize there were monitors out there that had fixed type stands. I picked a monitor that was actually in stock and thought it would be ok without height adjustment. it was too high by almost 2 inches and I could feel my neck tensing up after 2 weeks.
Luckily it had a VESA mount and I was going to get a monitor arm anyway (which took too long to arrive)

Anyway, monitors without height adjustment are dumb. I looked at all of the normal ergonomic guidelines and I'm pretty close to it now at the home office. I didn't realize how good of a setup I had at the office until I tried to start working at home.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8414 upvotes
Canada
warpdrive wrote: I used to always buy Dell Ultrasharps which included height adjustable stands. I didn't even realize there were monitors out there that had fixed type stands. I picked a monitor that was actually in stock and thought it would be ok without height adjustment. it was too high by almost 2 inches and I could feel my neck tensing up after 2 weeks.
Luckily it had a VESA mount and I was going to get a monitor arm anyway (which took too long to arrive)

Anyway, monitors without height adjustment are dumb. I looked at all of the normal ergonomic guidelines and I'm pretty close to it now at the home office. I didn't realize how good of a setup I had at the office until I tried to start working at home.
Yeah, it really makes a huge difference and is a key part of the monitor selection and setup process. Glad to hear it worked out for you!
Oct 28, 2016
156 posts
367 upvotes
I had this monitor, its a solid monitor and the stand is amazing. No wobble at all when typing and picture quality is really good. I bought it for $399 and at that time Open Box was $50 cheaper.

I went through two panels and both had one same issue of overwhelming red tone. I tried adjusting settings to no avail.
People on youtube videos looked like they just came back from Mexico with a sun burn.

This uses an Innolux panel same as Lenovo 4K monitor that was on sale on Canada Day as well as Samsung UR55 that is listed on Best Buy website. If not in rush, wait for it to go on sale.
Mar 12, 2008
147 posts
37 upvotes
I bought this monitor for my PS4 and it's been amazing. The fully ergonomic stand is a plus.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7073 posts
2696 upvotes
Canada
My issue is that open box only gives 6-12 months warranty, while manufacturers with the exception of crappy LG give 3-4 years. So unless you are buying LG, it's often worth the extra $50 or so not to get open box items.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8414 upvotes
Canada
dazz wrote: My issue is that open box only gives 6-12 months warranty, while manufacturers with the exception of crappy LG give 3-4 years. So unless you are buying LG, it's often worth the extra $50 or so not to get open box items.
This includes a full 3 years parts and labour warranty according to the ad. Only downside is 14 day refund/exchange.

They just lowered the price to $366. Updated title. I phoned in and used the price guarantee.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2427 posts
2040 upvotes
Canada
No flicker free or blue light filter on this model
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8414 upvotes
Canada
jbone14 wrote: No flicker free or blue light filter on this model
Sure seems to say it has it:

May 16, 2019
85 posts
423 upvotes
Thanks OP. Purchased one for my future ps5.
Oct 1, 2017
325 posts
410 upvotes
This is a good panel. I have the same panel but in an Acer monitor, very happy with it given what I use my machine for (mostly professional work, occasional 4k gaming on old titles).
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2427 posts
2040 upvotes
Canada
Blubbs wrote: Sure seems to say it has it:

whoops! I stand corrected. I have been looking at multiple Asus 4K displays and mustve got them confused. Thanks for proving me wrong!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7073 posts
2696 upvotes
Canada
Blubbs wrote: This includes a full 3 years parts and labour warranty according to the ad. Only downside is 14 day refund/exchange.

They just lowered the price to $366. Updated title. I phoned in and used the price guarantee.
LInk? Here it's clearly stated 6 months for open boxes. It was my experience as well in the past
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8414 upvotes
Canada
dazz wrote: LInk? Here it's clearly stated 6 months for open boxes. It was my experience as well in the past
The ad for the monitor is gone but it was geek squad certified and said it came with original warranty. Geek squad certified open box is different from regular open box. But even then there are some inconsistencies on the site, I should have saved the page in case there is ever a dispute.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7073 posts
2696 upvotes
Canada
Blubbs wrote: The ad for the monitor is gone but it was geek squad certified and said it came with original warranty. Geek squad certified open box is different from regular open box. But even then there are some inconsistencies on the site, I should have saved the page in case there is ever a dispute.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collection ... x_monitors
Here it says:
open box - 6 months
geek open box 1 year.

Now,
I for example this monitor states: "comes with original warranty". So this is very puzzling. I am confused as what to believe as they clearly have opposite info:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lg ... x/14597561
If it was LG, it would make sense as those come with only 1 year anyways,but others come with 3-4 years.

It would be great to get a clear info from Bestbuy as to what is going on with their conflicting info.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8414 upvotes
Canada
dazz wrote: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collection ... x_monitors
Here it says:
open box - 6 months
geek open box 1 year.

Now,
I for example this monitor states: "comes with original warranty". So this is very puzzling. I am confused as what to believe as they clearly have opposite info:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lg ... x/14597561
If it was LG, it would make sense as those come with only 1 year anyways,but others come with 3-4 years.

It would be great to get a clear info from Bestbuy as to what is going on with their conflicting info.
Yeah that LG is like what the Asus I ordered said. Agreed it's unclear.
Mar 25, 2006
20 posts
1 upvote
Hope this helps
Screenshot_20200714-113957_Dolphin.jpg
I don't know the post screenshot is not clear, new to this, if anyone need it I can pm.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200714-113945_Dolphin.jpg
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8414 upvotes
Canada
00Andy wrote: Hope this helpsScreenshot_20200714-113957_Dolphin.jpg

I don't know the post screenshot is not clear, new to this, if anyone need it I can pm.
Thanks 00Andy, if you could just upload it to imgur and repost it or PM me that would be really appreciated!
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2007
1046 posts
521 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Trying to decide if this would be a substantial upgrade to my current Asus PB278.