Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] ASUS 31.5" WQHD 60Hz 5ms IPS LED Monitor VA32AQ ($299.99, reg. $449.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2018 8:50 pm
[OP]
Oct 28, 2005
502 posts
446 upvotes

[Best Buy] ASUS 31.5" WQHD 60Hz 5ms IPS LED Monitor VA32AQ ($299.99, reg. $449.99)

On sale again until Jan. 25.

Use ebates.ca for another 3% off.
16 replies
Dec 29, 2001
935 posts
186 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
Bought the monitor during the last sale. I honestly can not complain about the monitor. However, you have to be aware that this is

Not a 4K monitor (2,560x1,440 pixels, 1440p MAX)
Not a 120HZ refresh rate Monitor
Depending who you ask NOT a GAMING Monitor

What the monitor is
28+ size monitor
Blue Screen filter built-in
DVI/HDMI and VGA input monitor
Under 300 before tax during the sell

So for general use and office use not a bad monitor (What I use it for) Also for me it plays videos and games perfectly fine (AS long as you have a good video card).

Can you find a better monitor YES
Can you find a better monitor at this price easily available for most Canadians? Most likely NO.
Will someone from RFD chime in and say this is not a gaming monitor YES (From previous threads about this monitor)
Will someone from RFD Chime in it's a terrible monitor because it does not have a 120HZ monitor YES (From previous threads about this monitor)
Will someone from RFD Chime in it's not a 4K Monitor and therefore you should not buy it YES (From previous threads about this monitor)
Will someone from RFD chime this is a terrible monitor YES (From previous threads about this monitor)

All I can say is try the monitor and see if it fits your needs. For me it does and Best Buy has a good return policy
Last edited by Zeev20 on Jan 20th, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 1, 2011
332 posts
644 upvotes
Fraser Valley
This deal comes up every other month with Best Buy. I have had this monitor for over a year and its great for it's intended purpose. Sound is decent as well and has VESA. Great value for $300. You can push this monitor to 74 Hz refresh rate easily with a NVidia video control panel.
Dec 29, 2001
935 posts
186 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
wonginator wrote: How are the colors on this?
To my eye's they are fine. Could the colours be brighter and more vibrant yes but this is not an AMOLED monitor (I have a Note 8) For office use and general use colours are fine. The videos I have played back are fine too. Also, note I have been using the monitor with a Surface Pro laptop and a Lenvo Laptop.
Banned
Apr 19, 2016
435 posts
226 upvotes
Zeev20 wrote: Bought the monitor during the last sale. I honestly can not complain about the monitor. However, you have to be aware that this is

Not a 4K monitor (2,560x1,440 pixels, 1440p MAX)
Not a 120HZ refresh rate Monitor
Depending who you ask NOT a GAMING Monitor

What the monitor is
28+ size monitor
Blue Screen filter built-in
DVI/HDMI and VGA input monitor
Under 300 before tax during the sell

So for general use and office use not a bad monitor (What I use it for) Also for me it plays videos and games perfectly fine (AS long as you have a good video card).

Can you find a better monitor YES
Can you find a better monitor at this price easily available for most Canadians? Most likely NO.
Will someone from RFD chime in and say this is not a gaming monitor YES (From previous threads about this monitor)
Will someone from RFD Chime in it's a terrible monitor because it does not have a 120HZ monitor YES (From previous threads about this monitor)
Will someone from RFD Chime in it's not a 4K Monitor and therefore you should not buy it YES (From previous threads about this monitor)
Will someone from RFD chime this is a terrible monitor YES (From previous threads about this monitor)

All I can say is try the monitor and see if it fits your needs. For me it does and Best Buy has a good return policy
Base on your 4K 120hz 32inch, you need to pay 1299, not 299. How good is good?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1627 posts
1317 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Lol people need to chill, I have this monitor and am a hardcore gamer, and its fine.
Looks way better than regular TN but still noticeably less vibrant than OLED. Still a huge upgrade over regular TN
Dec 29, 2001
935 posts
186 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
Lawrence0317 wrote: Base on your 4K 120hz 32inch, you need to pay 1299, not 299. How good is good?
I am happy with this monitor. In previous threads about this monitor member of RFD were telling people this monitor was JUNK because it did not meet either 4K, 120hz, etc. As I also mentioned in my post try the monitor and if you don't like it return it. For the price and easy availability, you can't beat this monitor IF it meets your NEEDS.
Sep 2, 2013
205 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this one and returned it.

I ready want 32" size at 1440p resolution. The issue is the video card on my laptop only can give highest refresh rate for 42hz at 1440p and I did feel hurt while using the monitor at this 42 hz / 1440p.

Then I returned it and grasped a 27" with 1080p/72hz.

Feeling better now.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2005
502 posts
446 upvotes
I have this monitor and I am enjoying it.
I don't use it for gaming -- just general computing and videos.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1153 posts
336 upvotes
Hamilton
You really don't want 4k on a 32" screen unless your faced is pressed up against it for everyday work or even browsing as it will be too small. Sure you could reverse scale it but then why pay all that money. 1440p is perfect for this size.
Dec 17, 2007
371 posts
47 upvotes
Montreal
Back in the day we were playing 640x480 30hz interlaced and it was cutting edge, not saying I would go back to that but it sure is weird how fat things evolved.
Anyway, thanks for the deal OP, in for one!
Jan 3, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
I bought this monitor during the last sale and I'm very happy with it. Sure it's not an expensive gaming monitor but compared to my old benq it's not leaving trails when moving fast or giving me any eye strain. Very easy on the eyes. It was my biggest complain with my old monitor (GW3760S)

I'm running mine with a VESA mount and I got 74hz instead of 60hz which is not too bad, still not a 120hz monitor but from a price point you won't get any better than this.

A little tweaking with the pictures settings and you're good to go!

Ebates told me that it wasn't eligible to cashback due to the category of the item in question but I still managed to receive it anyway,they have a great customer service!
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2600 posts
1910 upvotes
North York
I use it for gaming, overclocks up to 74hz and its perfectly fine for gaming. Mainly play Destiny 2.
Nov 27, 2016
107 posts
60 upvotes
I recommend people look at it before they buy. I went to the store intending to buy it the last time it was on sale, but when I saw it it was just too dull and grainy (not enough pixels for the size). I think 27" is the sweet spot for 1440p.

Don't rule out buying a used monitor from Kijiji that's still in warranty. That's what I did, and I got far more monitor for the money than I would if I bought new.

I'm not saying this is bad for everyone, I just recommend seeing before buying.