Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

ASUS ROG Strix G15DK Gaming PC - Black (AMD Ryzen 7-5800X/2TB HDD/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 3070) - $2199.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2021 9:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4502 posts
3559 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] ASUS ROG Strix G15DK Gaming PC - Black (AMD Ryzen 7-5800X/2TB HDD/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 3070) - $2199.99

Decent pre-built with a 3070 GPU and 5800x:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... 0/15397183
3.8GHz AMD Ryzen 7-5800X octa-core processor with 16GB DDR4 RAM gives you high octane performance that can handle the toughest games of its era
2TB hard disk drive and 512GB PCIe solid state drive provide plenty of storage for your games, media, and other data
8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX3070 graphics card with ray-tracing technology produces astonishing visuals that look as realistic and detailed as ever
Integrated Wi-Fi 5(802.11ac) and 10/100/1000 Ethernet port for connecting to wired and wireless networks
Integrated 2x2 dual band Bluetooth 5.0 for pairing with compatible devices such as smartphones, wireless headsets, and more
Top handle on the cabinet tower lets you easily carry your setup to a gaming party or a LAN party
Four USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports, two USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, one USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port, one USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port, one VGA port, one DVI-D port, one PS2 port, three audio ports, and one HDMI port for connecting flash drives, external hard drives, smartphones, multiple monitors and several other peripherals
VR Ready gaming PC is capable of playing virtual reality games that take you to a whole new dimension of realism
AMD B550 Chipset sound card offers rich audio quality that matches the visuals
Pre-installed with a bilingual Windows 10 Home operating system that comes with many improved features and performance boosts
Wired keyboard and mouse combo included for added convenience
57 replies
Aug 7, 2017
76 posts
258 upvotes
"Top handle on the cabinet tower lets you easily carry your setup to a gaming party or a LAN party"

LAN parties?? didn't know those are still a thing Face With Tears Of Joy

Regardless, good deal. Much better than that Alienware deal a couple of weeks ago. Has 16GB of unknown memory. It would be nice if anyone purchases this computer to tell us if it's dual channel / what speed it runs at.

My only real worry is that the CPU cooler might be inadequate. If they use the CPU cooler in the photos, it is likely everything will be ok. But as shown in the video, this guy bought the same model with a 3700x and it came with a CPU cooler that was severely inadequate. Perhaps if anyone purchases the computer, they could update us what cooler it is using?

Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1174 posts
1430 upvotes
I just want the RTX 3070 GPU. Anyone wants to buy this computer and sell me the GPU for $800? :-)
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10035 posts
5001 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
xtrmDeals wrote: I just want the RTX 3070 GPU. Anyone wants to buy this computer and sell me the GPU for $800? :-)
Anyone want to do the same but sell me the gpu for $900 :-)
Telus Peace of Mind Plan $45 25GB
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1174 posts
1430 upvotes
iSimple wrote: Anyone want to do the same but sell me the gpu for $900 :-)
LMAO!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3301 posts
1887 upvotes
West Coast
Although it's more costly than the thermally challenged Dell's, this is a full-sized case with (likely) decent parts and it's available promptly, seems solid in this climate.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Jan 15, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
doesthenamegohere wrote: "Top handle on the cabinet tower lets you easily carry your setup to a gaming party or a LAN party"

Regardless, good deal. Much better than that Alienware deal a couple of weeks ago. Has 16GB of unknown memory. It would be nice if anyone purchases this computer to tell us if it's dual channel / what speed it runs at.

My only real worry is that the CPU cooler might be inadequate. If they use the CPU cooler in the photos, it is likely everything will be ok. But as shown in the video, this guy bought the same model with a 3700x and it came with a CPU cooler that was severely inadequate. Perhaps if anyone purchases the computer, they could update us what cooler it is using?

I bought a version of this, albeit with lesser parts back in the fall. Mine was a Ryzen 5 3600x with RTX 2060S. Not sure if it's the greatest comparison but I actually replaced my ram stick this past weekend. There's pictures of it here. I wanted dual channel so I swapped it out. I also took a pic quickly of the inside (sorry for the glare), I think the fan matches up with what you see in the video. Again, not the same system, but should give you somewhat of an idea.

As far as temperature is concerned my GPU gets up to ~80 degrees while playing warzone at 1440p 100 FPS.

https://imgur.com/a/oyPEexZ
Last edited by jnoticles on May 11th, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3023 posts
6102 upvotes
Thanks OP. I pulled the trigger on this.

From the pictures it seems like you get a Strix flare mech keyboard and Gladius II mouse as well which may be a nice bonus ($169 + $69 msrp), either that or the pictures are wrong and you are getting basic ones like the guy in the video above received.

Edit: Seems like you might actually get the higher end stuff (couldnt find the same model so this is just a hunch)
https://rog.asus.com/ca-en/desktops/mid ... 15-series/
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on May 11th, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 5, 2011
71 posts
105 upvotes
YYZ
: I survived Toronto
> Y2k Panic/ Blackout of 2004/ SARS Outbreak/
West Nile/ Mad Cow/ SARS Again/ Propane Explosion
Garbage Strike/ Flash Floods/ Rob Ford

: Current Status
> Covid Delta Variant Pandemic... In Progress
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3023 posts
6102 upvotes
OOSMONSTER wrote: video
Once stock appears it sells out fast.
I think these guys also have a free bot that you can use but even with the bot these are gonna be hard AF to get.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1395 posts
757 upvotes
Toronto, ON
doesthenamegohere wrote: "Top handle on the cabinet tower lets you easily carry your setup to a gaming party or a LAN party"

From the pictures, it looks like dual channel ram, but it also looks like the motherboard only has two ram slots... I'm also suprised they would supply those basic ram sticks with no RGB, while have a glass side panel. What's the point of the glass panel if you're using generic PC components that are ugly to look at ? It also doesn't say which GPU you get. Is it safe to assume you get the base model Asus RTX3070 ?

Finally for cooling, I think the 5800x should be paired with a liquid cooler. And neither the specs list nor the pictures show any other case fans other that the CPU fan and the rear exhaust fan. That means that you'll have to spend a bit more right away to upgrade your cooling, right out of the box.
May 4, 2018
306 posts
189 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: I just want the RTX 3070 GPU. Anyone wants to buy this computer and sell me the GPU for $800? :-)
800 is less than retail for most versions of the card.

I was lucky enough to get the 2x Ventus for 834 CAD back in November after F5ing https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/computers ... a/rtx3070/
I went on the waitlist for https://www.evga.com/products/product.a ... P5-3755-KR in November and just got the notification to buy it yesterday for 821 CAD.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1395 posts
757 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TerenceP19670 wrote: 800 is less than retail for most versions of the card.

I was lucky enough to get the 2x Ventus for 834 CAD back in November after F5ing https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/computers ... a/rtx3070/
I went on the waitlist for https://www.evga.com/products/product.a ... P5-3755-KR in November and just got the notification to buy it yesterday for 821 CAD.
That's a good deal on that EVGA 3070. What are you going to do with it ?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1395 posts
757 upvotes
Toronto, ON
azncapcom wrote: That's in USD, albeit still cheaper than most retailer MSRP.
Yeah but the guy said it came out to $821 CAD, which is a great price for that card. Of course I assume he'll have to pay shipping and taxes+duties to bring it to Canada, but still, this is good. I've been on the waitlist at EVGA for a bunch of cards, I'll see what comes up. I already have a 3070, but if a 3080 became available, I might grab it and sell the 3070 to cover the cost.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5215 posts
875 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: Yeah but the guy said it came out to $821 CAD, which is a great price for that card. Of course I assume he'll have to pay shipping and taxes+duties to bring it to Canada, but still, this is good. I've been on the waitlist at EVGA for a bunch of cards, I'll see what comes up. I already have a 3070, but if a 3080 became available, I might grab it and sell the 3070 to cover the cost.
Yeah, I am also on the waitlist, but did not sign up until mid Feb. judging from the previous post, it took 6 months from the initial wait. I assume it would be even longer the later you signed up...

Probably won't get contacted until the end of the year...