• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 12:02 am
[OP]
Jun 1, 2007
669 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] ASUS VG27AQ 1440p IPS LED Gaming Monitor - $529.99

I know this was $499.99 very briefly last week and with a big YMMV (there was a thread) but this does seem like a longer lasting deal, more "legit" perhaps if you will.

I'm going to pick one up today. I figure if the price does not drop back down to $499.99 within the time I could get a price adjustment, I'm fine with $30 above that.

Seems to be one of the best-rated options in the category, with quite acceptable and tolerable black uniformity (if most of the panels look like the one from the RTINGS review).

All the best,
hv
9 replies
Dec 20, 2019
655 posts
2688 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
How does this stack up to the new dell 27 inch? Considering that one is a newer monitor that is using the highly rated lg panel, isn't that one better?
[OP]
Jun 1, 2007
669 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
That one is 750 + tax so there is that.

Also the less expensive Amazon-exclusive LG is said to use the same "LG panel" and has a $500 MSRP. Perhaps it comes down to personal preference on those, I'm not sure. RTINGS.com showed similar performance for a lot of the tests between the two LGs and this ASUS, and the black uniformity results and images actually look a lot better on the ASUS (which I may be more sensitive to than most, and would matter for those that game in a dark room a lot for example).

I can't say for sure one is better than the other. I can say that I've had great experiences with DELL monitors in the past overall, I owned the 24" 1440p TN GSync for a while and it was quite good for what it was trying to achieve. I'd venture to say that the new Dell 27" is a bit overpriced. During the sale not long ago for ~$500 it would have been far more relevant I'd say. Just my $0.02.

hv
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1190 posts
345 upvotes
Burlington
hv6478 wrote: That one is 750 + tax so there is that.
It was on sale for $495 last week. I'm kicking myself because I missed it. Hoping it will go on sale again soon.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1295 posts
1728 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
There's a 165 hz version that is better
Oct 31, 2013
700 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Wouldn't make sense to buy a 65" tv that is true 120hz panel?
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Dec 11, 2004
416 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm new to refresh rate gaming monitors. My setup is currently productivity monitors for colour accuracy as that's my #1 use but would be great to get something that will support my gaming as well. How is this monitor in terms of productivity/colours? I want to stick with the 1440p category to pair with an upcoming 3070. This will would become my primary monitor and I'll move my Lenovo P27-H into my secondary and my old Dell U2311H as my third triple.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2007
669 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
architect wrote: I'm new to refresh rate gaming monitors. My setup is currently productivity monitors for colour accuracy as that's my #1 use but would be great to get something that will support my gaming as well. How is this monitor in terms of productivity/colours? I want to stick with the 1440p category to pair with an upcoming 3070. This will would become my primary monitor and I'll move my Lenovo P27-H into my secondary and my old Dell U2311H as my third triple.
Highly recommend reading the RTINGS review https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/tuf-vg27aq they go in depth about colour and a bunch of other things. It seems to be a pretty good time to want a single monitor suited well for both productivity/creativity and gaming.