Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Audio Technica ATH-CKR7TW In-Ear Truly Wireless Headphones

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 12:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2444 posts
852 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

[Best Buy] Audio Technica ATH-CKR7TW In-Ear Truly Wireless Headphones

My first Audio Technica the CK3TW was a gamble purchase as I don't know the brand but it met my requirements of being under $150, BT 5, and 10+ hours min battery. For a value headphones it blew my expectations. Now I'm eyeing at other AT headphones and came by this sale of the CKR7TW which I got because I wanted to hear the difference between their 5.8mm driver vs. the 11mm driver. I thought the CK3TW had serious nice bass but this one took it to another new level. Great for anyone listening more of Rap, Hip hop, EDM and Pop music that emphasizes more on bass. The mids and highs are still awesome on these but not perfect like my Sennheiser Momentum. The features and size is not all that appealing but the sound is wonderful and that makes them worth the price for me and at one bill this is a hot deal.

[solicitation removed]
17 replies
Jr. Member
Oct 19, 2007
127 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks! Ordered one
Member
Aug 28, 2014
393 posts
501 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Wow these are HUGE. No wonder the youtube comments keep mentioning that these are for aliens
Newbie
Feb 21, 2019
69 posts
115 upvotes
Vancouver
Battery life says 6 hrs, where did you get 10+ hours from?
Member
User avatar
Oct 14, 2015
317 posts
270 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Oh dear god who did the ergonomics on these ? What a fail and at the $100.00 price point hard pass.
I feel sorry for the wearer most people will think their hearing impaired.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1317 posts
1011 upvotes
Gatineau
The verge called their sound quality sibilant and grating
Last edited by Heythumb88 on Sep 20th, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2930 posts
2261 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2444 posts
852 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It's 6 hours continuous listening. 30 hours total with charging chase. I never go more then 2 hours of listening. You have to give your ears a break with any in-ears headphones. 6+ hours is asking for an early hearing aids.
Gadoosh wrote: Battery life says 6 hrs, where did you get 10+ hours from?
[solicitation removed]
Newbie
Feb 21, 2019
69 posts
115 upvotes
Vancouver
NixxonExxo wrote: It's 6 hours continuous listening. 30 hours total with charging chase. I never go more then 2 hours of listening. You have to give your ears a break with any in-ears headphones. 6+ hours is asking for an early hearing aids.
You're fine, as long as the volume isn't crazy
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3273 posts
390 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
My CK3TWs were sent back as they suffered from resolution loss in the high end. I was really hoping that Audio-Technica would have something that could satisfy me, as the design, functionality, and build quality of the CK3TWs was quite impressive for the price point, but after evaluating features and functionality and reading through various reviews I've decided to skip the rest of their lineup and take my chances with the Lypertek Tevi. Coincidentally this review site on the Tevis also contains impressions of the CK3TW and CKR7TW, neither of which are favourable.

The Tevi checks off my TWS preferences - water-resistant for exercise, neutral-sounding, low latency, aptX, decent battery life for earphones and case, and doesn't break the bank at $120 (currently on sale for $105 until 9/19). I do sacrifice touch for button controls, and these don't come with the ear loops to secure them for vigorous movement.

The risk is that I won't be able to return or exchange these, as the sole Canadian dealer for Lypertek doesn't accept earphone returns or exchanges.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2003
3787 posts
1648 upvotes
Bought...looked at reviews and will cancel.

For $40 more, you can pick up the Jabra Elite 65T... not the newest earbuds but better sound quality.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2444 posts
852 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
You know you can try it and return it if it doesn't work out. This is why I only buy and recommend headphones from Best Buy. Everyone have different views on sound. This is a keeper for me as the signature sound is ideal for me. You should try both imo.
loserga wrote: My CK3TWs were sent back as they suffered from resolution loss in the high end. I was really hoping that Audio-Technica would have something that could satisfy me, as the design, functionality, and build quality of the CK3TWs was quite impressive for the price point, but after evaluating features and functionality and reading through various reviews I've decided to skip the rest of their lineup and take my chances with the Lypertek Tevi. Coincidentally this review site on the Tevis also contains impressions of the CK3TW and CKR7TW, neither of which are favourable.

The Tevi checks off my TWS preferences - water-resistant for exercise, neutral-sounding, low latency, aptX, decent battery life for earphones and case, and doesn't break the bank at $120 (currently on sale for $105 until 9/19). I do sacrifice touch for button controls, and these don't come with the ear loops to secure them for vigorous movement.

The risk is that I won't be able to return or exchange these, as the sole Canadian dealer for Lypertek doesn't accept earphone returns or exchanges.
halcyon wrote: Bought...looked at reviews and will cancel.

For $40 more, you can pick up the Jabra Elite 65T... not the newest earbuds but better sound quality.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2005
5450 posts
3025 upvotes
Toronto
NixxonExxo wrote: You know you can try it and return it if it doesn't work out. This is why I only buy and recommend headphones from Best Buy. Everyone have different views on sound. This is a keeper for me as the signature sound is ideal for me. You should try both imo.
That is false.

You can only return unused/unopened headphones.


Headphones, Speakers & Car Electronics Return & Exchange Policy



Return Policy

Car Electronics

Return Period: 30 days
Condition: Opened

Headphones & Earphones (all types)*

Return Period: 30 days
Condition: Unopened

Home Theatre Audio

Return Period: 30 days
Condition: Opened

Portable Audio

Return Period: 30 days
Condition: Opened

Radar Detectors

Return Period: 14 days
Condition: Opened

* Headphones of any kind must be unopened.

How to Return Headphones, Speakers & Car Electronics

Return In-Store

You can return items bought in-store or online (excluding Best Buy Marketplace products).

What to bring in-store:
•Your original receipt
•Original method of payment
•Original packaging
•Valid photo ID

Return by Mail

You can return items bought online by mailing them back to us. Just request a return label.

How to request a return label:

Online:
1.Find your order.
2.Select “Start a Return” and contact us.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/help/blta7 ... 108cdbec19
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A

Top