Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Audio Technica ATH-WS990BT Bluetooth Noise Canceling Headphones Refurb $129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2020 2:42 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
2233 posts
32 upvotes
For 130 for a new toy not too expensive
Given their cheaper than the m50 Bluetooth
Another pair to add to my collection
Still using the b&o h7 as gotos but we will see how these fair
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1051 posts
275 upvotes
Page says, can't return once opened. What if something wrong with them?
Aug 8, 2017
31 posts
9 upvotes
User396555 wrote: No idea, but I'm curious: why would you consider these, instead of "gaming headsets" from Turtle Beach, Corsair, etc.?
just looking for a pair of quality wireless headphones and i dont need a mic from a gaming headset as i have one already
[OP]
Dec 23, 2010
109 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
Most reviews factor in it's original retail price ($300 - $360), and compare it to cans at that price range. They mention that it's good, but for the price there are competitors that do a number of things better.

Now taking these headphones and comparing them to sub-$200 offerings on the other hand... that looks like a deal to me! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Aug 8, 2019
4 posts
34 upvotes
ATH ANC700BT manufacture refurbished is also on sale for 89.99.

More reviews are available, but generally they say this is super comfortable with more equal sound with 40mm driver. Great for travelling due to compactability.

I ended up buying the WS990BT over ANC700BT though due to better build quality, 53mm driver with insane bass, and larger earcups for more comfort.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/au ... d/14381574
May 12, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
stranman wrote: just looking for a pair of quality wireless headphones and i dont need a mic from a gaming headset as i have one already
For around the same price, I wonder if you could get a "gaming" focused headset with surround sound? Surround sound imo would be great for FPS games.

If you're not playing FPS games though, I'm sure these would do fine.
ykhehra1 wrote: Page says, can't return once opened. What if something wrong with them?
I sent AT a message through Best Buy, asking them what they could do if the item was defective since on one tab it says "non returnable" but on another tab it still says there is 1 year P&L warranty on it.
Jun 28, 2015
39 posts
56 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Is anyone else getting a shipping error on checkout?
Aug 8, 2019
4 posts
34 upvotes
User396555 wrote: For around the same price, I wonder if you could get a "gaming" focused headset with surround sound? Surround sound imo would be great for FPS games.

If you're not playing FPS games though, I'm sure these would do fine.

I sent AT a message through Best Buy, asking them what they could do if the item was defective since on one tab it says "non returnable" but on another tab it still says there is 1 year P&L warranty on it.
Yeah I was wondering the same.
From reading the seller's return policy, it seems that ATH is doing the return, not Bestbuy.
If it's defective, damaged, or incorrect order, I believe the seller will pay the shipping fee for return.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1114 posts
602 upvotes
xblackrainbow wrote: gotta hold back until XM4s (someday)
Smartest comment ever. Why can't Sony just give us a better leak.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4179 posts
879 upvotes
superchuko wrote: There's no chance of catching covid-19 from refurbished headphones. Even if they weren't sterilized at all and someone coughed directly on an earpad, the virus hasn't been detected on any surfaces more than two or three days after contamination. And even then, it probably wouldn't be infectious at that point.
Don't start making sense .
Nov 2, 2018
40 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
shyhermit wrote: OOS already.
Crap. Was debating on pulling the trigger and a day later its gone.
Jul 16, 2019
8 posts
7 upvotes
Does anyone know how these or any of the other Audio Technica noice cancelling headphones compare to the 860NB from Edifier? Just bought a set from their clearance
Dec 25, 2012
12 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
renderman wrote: Crap. Was debating on pulling the trigger and a day later its gone.
Do you still want? I ordered a set but I may change my mind. I would let go at cost.