Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Audio Technica M50xBT - $199 + up to 3% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 6:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2531 posts
970 upvotes
Vancouver
Gtaphotog wrote: I've been using the sony xb950n1's in the gym and for travel but the earcups are quite large so even with NC while working out I'll sometimes hear noise come through.

I wonder what the M50s with BT would sound like with the volume cranked up in the gym.
I much prefer the smaller cushions of the M50s for the gym.
I have the m50 and honestly the size would drive me nuts at the gym not to mention the weight would be heavy for a workout. Imo
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Jan 4, 2010
778 posts
463 upvotes
Waterloo
Gtaphotog wrote: I've been using the sony xb950n1's in the gym and for travel but the earcups are quite large so even with NC while working out I'll sometimes hear noise come through.

I wonder what the M50s with BT would sound like with the volume cranked up in the gym.
I much prefer the smaller cushions of the M50s for the gym.
Aren’t they kinda big and heavy for the gym? I have the wired version and they are much heavier than the studio 3 which is great for the gym.
Oct 3, 2008
645 posts
243 upvotes
Scarborough
I see that it's optional to go wired with the same BT model if you choose to do so, is that correct? So its technically 2 in 1. Wired or wireless. isn't that great?

Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
sarsshadow wrote: I see that it's optional to go wired with the same BT model if you choose to do so, is that correct? So its technically 2 in 1. Wired or wireless. isn't that great?

Yes essentially it's a 2 in 1 but apparently it doesn't sound as good when wired as it was tuned for wireless.
Oct 29, 2016
71 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Grabbed the last pair at yonge and Eglinton.

No stock at eatons center.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
tinbitz wrote: Aren’t they kinda big and heavy for the gym? I have the wired version and they are much heavier than the studio 3 which is great for the gym.
The Sony's?

Ya they are a little bulky for the gym but that's what I have to use atm.
Jan 23, 2015
150 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Stabilo7 wrote: I thought they were more comfortable and made the headphones sound warmer. Didn't have a problem with the bass level. I think they sound better. Been using these headphones for about 5 years. Probably 3 years with the velvet. They last much longer and my ears don't get too hot.
Velour pads remove bass pretty much entirely. I replaced old leather pads with velour and would not recommend, I am actually going to order leather pads and keep them this way. In addition to change in sound signature, they will leak the sound out A LOT with velours.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
Stabilo7 wrote: I have the m50 and honestly the size would drive me nuts at the gym not to mention the weight would be heavy for a workout. Imo
The M50s are super light especially compared to my pair of Sony's.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
Gtaphotog wrote: Have you compared both of them?

I've heard that the new BT version was tuned to sound quite similar to the wired version.
It’s actually really close to my ears. Plug in a wire and I can’t tell any difference.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
allawi wrote: What's Bestbuy's return policy for headphones?
Officially, I believe it's 30 days if the box is unopened. Otherwise, it's store credit.

I passed by the High Tech Road location in Richmond Hill earlier and there was one left. Must be a lot of RFDers in the area considering the sale price wasn't even posted.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
Stabilo7 wrote: I thought they were more comfortable and made the headphones sound warmer. Didn't have a problem with the bass level. I think they sound better. Been using these headphones for about 5 years. Probably 3 years with the velvet. They last much longer and my ears don't get too hot.
Some discussion here, basically wider sound stage, better comfort, less bass, sound leakage.
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/com ... _ath_m50x/

So if they are uncomfortable for you and you tend to use them for classical music then the velour is a good choice.
If you use them for movies or video games the stock pads are better.

Comes down to personal preference and use.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Oct 27, 2009
447 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary, AB
RFDQ1016 wrote: Northland and beacon Hill both have the m50xbt on display. I'm guessing others do too
Shawnessy too
Dec 3, 2006
411 posts
165 upvotes
Waited for these to go on sale last Black Friday and Boxing Day everywhere, didn't happen. So the moment I saw my Bestbuy email showing Audio Technicas onsale early this morning, I put one on reserved for pick up in a location near my area and got them. No regrets, sounds great paired to my Fiio M7, Shanling M0, S9+ and Mate 20 Pro. Not even braked in yet and they're sound really great already. Better than Plantronics BackBeat Pro2 and close to the Sony 1000M2. For Audio Technica M50x and now M50xBT, I have a feeling it will hold it's value for a long time.
Happy
Dec 30, 2012
459 posts
152 upvotes
Mississauga
If anyone missed out and wanted these pm me. Have a new pair in sauga.
Sep 17, 2016
237 posts
223 upvotes
KW
opened mine very carefully and didn't fall in love after a few minutes. not much of a test, but I think they're going back to the store

if anyone in the KW area missed out and wanted to get the deal, PM me and you can have them at cost