Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Complete Series Blu-Ray [Steelbook] - $54.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 11:43 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4588 posts
4388 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

[Best Buy] Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Complete Series Blu-Ray [Steelbook] - $54.99

This is the new all-time low on this set in Canada, previous was $69.99.

Some actual photos of the steelbooks (courtesy of /r/steelbooks):

12 replies
Aug 29, 2012
835 posts
117 upvotes
Brampton
Glad I ended up waiting a bit to get this! Thanks OP for finding!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4588 posts
4388 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
TheOtaku wrote: Glad I ended up waiting a bit to get this! Thanks OP for finding!
I've been waiting as well Face With Tears Of Joy almost bit when it was $69.99 but figured I could risk it going lower with how much stock they had left.

Now it's only $16 more than the regular set so no point in waiting anymore.
Jul 15, 2010
248 posts
490 upvotes
Vancouver
Aw damn, already have the original set, would've gotten the steel book.
Oh well, great series, would totally recommend to anyone who hasn't watched it yet.
Nov 14, 2017
601 posts
850 upvotes
Vancouver
I keep trying to watch this show but don't get far in it. I'm watching in like 480p on Netflix though. Wondering if I should try it on here. None of the first few episodes really grab me hard though. Maybe anime just isn't for me anymore. 🤷 Haven't watched any in years now. But I do want to see this.
Mar 15, 2007
264 posts
167 upvotes
RedFlagCrake wrote: I keep trying to watch this show but don't get far in it. I'm watching in like 480p on Netflix though. Wondering if I should try it on here. None of the first few episodes really grab me hard though. Maybe anime just isn't for me anymore. 🤷 Haven't watched any in years now. But I do want to see this.
It doesn't hit its stride (IMO) until a ways into the first season. Not that it's bad, just, it didn't grab me right at first.

Stick with it and you will be glad you did, this show is definitely up there with the all time GOAT japanese anime series.
Dec 14, 2020
23 posts
13 upvotes
RedFlagCrake wrote: I keep trying to watch this show but don't get far in it. I'm watching in like 480p on Netflix though. Wondering if I should try it on here. None of the first few episodes really grab me hard though. Maybe anime just isn't for me anymore. 🤷 Haven't watched any in years now. But I do want to see this.
I loved Avatar, but didn't care for Death Note, for example. Not all shows are for everybody.
Apr 30, 2017
118 posts
185 upvotes
dirtymef421 wrote: It doesn't hit its stride (IMO) until a ways into the first season. Not that it's bad, just, it didn't grab me right at first.

Stick with it and you will be glad you did, this show is definitely up there with the all time GOAT japanese anime series.
It didn’t hit me until the third season lol. Only stuck to it cause my friend was a big fan and I wanted to share her hobbies together. As I’ve gotten older, it’s hard to watch certain cartoons if I don’t already have the sentiments from childhood. In these cases, I watch them in 2-3x speed with subtitles on. If I don’t catch what they’re saying with my ears, I read it. Third season was worth everything though. So many great teachings for kids.
Nov 14, 2017
601 posts
850 upvotes
Vancouver
apertotes wrote: I loved Avatar, but didn't care for Death Note, for example. Not all shows are for everybody.
Oh weird. I love Death Note, at least the first part. I'm not a huge anime fan but I've seen Naruto and watched most of Shippuden (before I caught up and then fell behind and now I have to rewatch), DBZ, Death NOTE, Psycho Pass and One Piece. I DO like Avatar from what I've watched, I think maybe the 480p on Netflix has been the barrier to entry.
May 17, 2007
707 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Buy the box set and watch the full series. If you don't like it I'll cover the cost.
Nov 19, 2020
7 posts
4 upvotes
Came here just to upvote. Love this series and have watched it at least 3 times. Great deal for any collector or fan.
Thanks Op!

Enjoy this crossover fan made pic cobining two of my favorite worlds. Merry Christmas y'all!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1718 posts
3261 upvotes
Toronto
Really like the look of this set. But even as a big fan of the show, I can't bring myself to buy it too. I already own it on the original season box sets, the complete series box set, and then the blu-ray box set. It's a great show. Just wish they didn't milk the physical releases so much.
Dec 19, 2016
301 posts
465 upvotes
I've never watched it, but given all the positive reviews and the look of this one, I'll try it out. Thanks OP