[Best Buy] Avengers: Endgame 4k UHD limited steelbook preorder $44.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2019 12:32 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3582 posts
1152 upvotes
Ajax
redflagdealsguy wrote: 3D was dead in the water back in 2011, pre-4K. Word is they're going to reboot it in the early 2020s.
Nope. Only in North America. Come watch a 3D release on 120 inch calibrated projected screen. You'll think twice.
Dec 14, 2007
914 posts
314 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: I didn't see the movie yet, its kind of weird that just RDJ and Scarlett Johansson are on the inside of the steel-book, no?

JK, but I'd imagine someone out there managed to get this far only to be spoiled by a blu ray case.
If you hadn’t watched it already, you probably wouldn’t care about seeing the spoilers.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3582 posts
1152 upvotes
Ajax
pk1234 wrote: For those wanting 3D, the only way you can get it is through importing these days. Also note that Marvel/Disney got lazy and stopped making a separate IMAX-ish Variable aspect ratio on their 3D releases just before infinity war so don't expect that with this one either(despite it being a full length IMAX film)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Endga ... ROKL5A1OLE

edit:the steelbook is still a good buy if you want to flip it. These things always sell out and easily make back cost or more on ebay
Not necessarily. We can obtain wonderful 3D Atmos remixed full blu-rays elsewhere. Winking Face
Oct 28, 2012
736 posts
97 upvotes
EDMONTON
mrtvgame wrote: Not necessarily. We can obtain wonderful 3D Atmos remixed full blu-rays elsewhere. Winking Face
Where?
Dec 18, 2017
132 posts
81 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: Not necessarily. We can obtain wonderful 3D Atmos remixed full blu-rays elsewhere. Winking Face
LOL, it's sad that the only way to get the best versions of some films is through "nefarious" means, even when people are willing to throw money at a potential best version.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3582 posts
1152 upvotes
Ajax
Exactly. Give me the goods and my wallet is opened. Play me as a fool and I'll show you a mirror.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25212 posts
5464 upvotes
vrredflag wrote: Were these filmed in 4k?
Surprisingly none (or at least nearly none?) of the MCU films have been "real 4K", they are just upscaled on UHD BD...
https://digiraw.com/4K-UHD-ripping-serv ... e-4K-list/
https://4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/
(Note the first link is searchable but doesn't yet have Endgame on it. The second list is not searchable--there's a search but it's only for articles not movies on the list--but they have added Endgame as "Fake4K" already.)

So really with the UHD you're just paying for what is essentially (and presumably) better upscaling/sharpening than your TV or player would manage. Well that and HDR, but I don't even see what the big fuss is about HDR.
vrredflag wrote: What's everyone watching their 3d movies on? I have a Panasonic tc-55as660c led tv i bought used but really wish I could've gotten an Lg 4k oled that does 3d but they don't make 'em anymore.
Ah you must mean a C6 or whatever? Yeah they aren't sold plus anyone selling them used will be asking way too much for it--basically as much as a new C8 only it's used possibly has burn-in, etc :rolleyes: Problem is, back then OLEDs cost way more money so these delusional sellers somehow think their set is worth more than it is. Them's the breaks though.

Personally I only just got a 4K/UHD TV this year...all my other sets are 1080P/FHD. The sets I have that can do 3D are a 46HX909, a 55HX750, and a PS3 3DD. The 4K set I bought is a 65Z9D, which is probably the "last best set to have 3D" in Can/US, and is also discontinued. They were being cleared out at really good prices in the US @ Best Lie, etc. but those are basically all gone now other than a few 75" stragglers. I found my 65" on kijiji locally as an OB and I got it at a really good price. You can see them pop up on kijiji as NIB/OB here and there but they are definitely fizzling out, and they go fast when they get posted. I had to go through about 4 sellers before I got one bc each seller I contacted either sold it already or sold it before I was able to get to them. Panasonic still makes a couple 3D models but only in Europe unfortunately. Panasonic doesn't really sell their TVs in the US market anymore I don't think. In Canada we have them but I looked into it already--the 3D models, the same-model-number sets sold here do NOT have the 3D hardware in them, so they aren't 3D TVs. It's definitely game over for 3D but I have too many 3D BDs now to ditch it, lol. Plus I like 3D, obviously :)
Jul 15, 2008
860 posts
161 upvotes
Edge
Next time I'll post a pre order stuff in Hot Deal.
May 26, 2007
941 posts
417 upvotes
Got my steelbook. Dented. Returned and ordered another. Spine has a slash. Returned and put 2 on hold. Both had spines with a slash. Gave up. Not paying 50 bucks unless it's perfect.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3789 posts
186 upvotes
Markham
For those that ordered it online for $44.99, you can have it price adjusted in-store to $39.99 (online is still showing $44.99). I went yesterday to apply a gift card to my purchase and it ended up being cheaper.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1162 posts
477 upvotes
BC
i-o_o-i wrote: For those that ordered it online for $44.99, you can have it price adjusted in-store to $39.99 (online is still showing $44.99). I went yesterday to apply a gift card to my purchase and it ended up being cheaper.
Will try it later... is showing online receipt work?