1135 upvotes

[Best Buy] Battlefield 2042 PS5 - $22.99

50 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7101 posts
6194 upvotes
Ottawa
Price is good but game is absolute trash. Not worth it...save your money. Play Rainbow Six or Call of Duty or anything else at this point.
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1534 posts
416 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Amazon has it same price as well (well 4 cents cheaper) as an FYI.

I just noticed there is no campaign, so you are at the mercy of the online world to make the game even playable
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1033 posts
1135 upvotes
Auditore212 wrote: Price is good but game is absolute trash. Not worth it...save your money. Play Rainbow Six or Call of Duty or anything else at this point.
True but this is the lowest price I have seen thus far and might put it in the realm of acceptable for folks who like Battlefield but were holding off.
Sep 22, 2021
28 posts
61 upvotes
Ontario
Won't even play BF2042 even if it was free-to-play. Game was a huge disappointment.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2236 posts
1538 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I can't believe EA got away with selling this game without a campaign mode. Oh wait, they didn't get away with it...

I may be in the minority here, but I only ever play the campaign in these FPS games like COD and Battlefield. I'm not into the online PVP stuff at all.
Dec 3, 2019
173 posts
294 upvotes
Game is hot garbage I bought it on PS5 played it once for about an hour and a half never turned it on again.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2603 posts
504 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: I can't believe EA got away with selling this game without a campaign mode. Oh wait, they didn't get away with it...

I may be in the minority here, but I only ever play the campaign in these FPS games like COD and Battlefield. I'm not into the online PVP stuff at all.
Ok, ya I was just about to pull the trigger on it but I don't want to just play online only. I was going to get this for my 8 year old as he loves fortnite and first person shooters.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5576 posts
5052 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Niklasky wrote: I can't believe EA got away with selling this game without a campaign mode. Oh wait, they didn't get away with it...

I'm right there with you. I pretty much only play single player games. I outgrew PvP online shooters many years ago. The last shooter I played online was Titanfall and before that, I can't even remember.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
3770 posts
3857 upvotes
Whitby
2.99 then we can talk.
(doorstop)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
6485 posts
20641 upvotes
Kitchener
Auditore212 wrote: Price is good but game is absolute trash. Not worth it...save your money. Play Rainbow Six or Call of Duty or anything else at this point.
It's a great game now, reminds me of BF4... you should try it again :)
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Nov 27, 2003
247 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Yah agreed. They E made many improvements since launch
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1244 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
All you guys that haven't played it since launch are missing out. Just like BFV, it's picking up. Playing well now, the new map is great.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
15438 posts
5644 upvotes
I wish companies would learn that a poor launch is terrible word of mouth for the long term sustainability of the product, even if it's considerably improved months and years later. Cyberpunk, No Man's Sky, Battlefront, etc are all solid games today but got a lot of bad press and reviews upon release that still linger to this day.

But I guess as long as they're beholden to their shareholders to release on a certain date no matter the state of the game, and still make enough money from preorders and marketing, they will continue to do it and crunch their developers.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3155 posts
1851 upvotes
Game was a mess at launch but I picked it up a month ago or so..loving it now. Familiar BF hop in and smash for a quick game or two.
Dec 24, 2012
860 posts
1219 upvotes
Terrebonne
The biggest problem at launch was that on PC and now current gen consoles, maps were way too large, you’d spend a ton of time running around to get somewhere interesting.

Unless they’re remade the maps, I have no faith in this being any good, ever.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2027 posts
728 upvotes
I owned all the Battlefields including that crappy Hardline one. I might buy this bif it had campaign offline mode in case online sucks. I like the story lines of this saga. I'm still playing on PS3 bf4 because I didn't renew my online subscription since bf5. Lol