Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Battlefield 2042 (Xbox Series X, PS5) - $19.99 (Save $25)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2022 4:26 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4483 posts
4875 upvotes
Whitby
aidendanger wrote: I think you're right; seems to be their last ditched effort for stores to get rid of physical stock before it ends up on EA Access. Perhaps there if it continues to be tweaked they can at least make money on in game purchases.

I'd bite at $15 if it was digital but hate using discs now.
$15 lol.
overspending by 14.99
dont reward failure

pay me to take it!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3154 posts
1335 upvotes
Thornhill
They lost me when they thought they can release a half baked game at full price..

But thats what the masses do so, ya know. Pass
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1758 posts
2077 upvotes
Ottawa
Bencherstyle wrote: They lost me when they thought they can release a half baked game at full price..

But thats what the masses do so, ya know. Pass
Then they lost you years ago; this is their modus operandi. They are notorious for releasing half a game with bugs and taking years to fix it. I got BF4 for free on release and didn't play it for years until it got fixed. Now it's great but dropping $80+ on these games is a no no.
[OP]
Aug 25, 2017
66 posts
53 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Then they lost you years ago; this is their modus operandi. They are notorious for releasing half a game with bugs and taking years to fix it. I got BF4 for free on release and didn't play it for years until it got fixed. Now it's great but dropping $80+ on these games is a no no.
This game was garbage at beta, anyone who paid full price after that fiasco will be doing the same next release.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3154 posts
1335 upvotes
Thornhill
aidendanger wrote: Then they lost you years ago; this is their modus operandi. They are notorious for releasing half a game with bugs and taking years to fix it. I got BF4 for free on release and didn't play it for years until it got fixed. Now it's great but dropping $80+ on these games is a no no.
I hear ya but not willing to support them keep doing this.

Plenty of other games that i can support.
Nov 24, 2007
582 posts
592 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Available for PC @ $14,99 on Amazon.ca "code in a box". Ordered 2 copies, for myself and a buddy.
Aug 24, 2016
974 posts
1114 upvotes
Waiting for the $5 Dollarama bin
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3191 posts
2831 upvotes
Montreal
Why is the Xbox One version $5 cheaper than the Xbox Series X version? Wouldn't the $15 Xbox One version works on Series X console since it is smart delivery?

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2014
1092 posts
1324 upvotes
bgallagher wrote: Why is the Xbox One version $5 cheaper than the Xbox Series X version? Wouldn't the $15 Xbox One version works on Series X console since it is smart delivery?
Check this list: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/optimized

Doesn't look like Battlefield 2042 is listed as having Smart Delivery.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1023 posts
1475 upvotes
Terrebonne
bgallagher wrote: Why is the Xbox One version $5 cheaper than the Xbox Series X version? Wouldn't the $15 Xbox One version works on Series X console since it is smart delivery?
Smart Delivery is an opt-in feature. EA doesn’t opt-in, they always charge more for Series X versions. Same for EA Sports title.

PS F*** EA
Dec 24, 2010
308 posts
739 upvotes
Toronto
Broskah wrote: Waiting for the $5 Dollarama bin
Has any game other than Titanfall 2 made it to Dollarama?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1023 posts
1475 upvotes
Terrebonne
crosby86 wrote: Has any game other than Titanfall 2 made it to Dollarama?
Man, Titanfall 2, what a great game that was completely mismanaged from the get go. From the release date itself to post-release (non)support... sad sad sad. Much better game than Apex Legends IMO.
Aug 29, 2010
764 posts
652 upvotes
Toronto
voucher21 wrote: It's a tough sell even if it was free to play at this point Face With Tears Of Joy
It's the complete "base" game at this point for $20, that's a great deal, especially since it's repopulated now.

Only other option is to be really patient and wait for it to come free to play on Prime gaming or something.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1023 posts
1475 upvotes
Terrebonne
Lemonylol wrote: It's the complete "base" game at this point for $20, that's a great deal, especially since it's repopulated now.

Only other option is to be really patient and wait for it to come free to play on Prime gaming or something.
EA games usually hit EA Play after about 9 months. This will be a year in November... just wait it out I say. EA Play is part of Gamepass, too.
Nov 27, 2016
440 posts
645 upvotes
m8x
Many comments on the retail sites say that this game has NO campaign mode and you MUST have a monthly on-line game pass to play.

I'm not an on-line gamer and so for me, it's hard a pass.

Confused Face
Aug 29, 2010
764 posts
652 upvotes
Toronto
echotango wrote: Many comments on the retail sites say that this game has NO campaign mode and you MUST have a monthly on-line game pass to play.

I'm not an on-line gamer and so for me, it's hard a pass.

Confused Face
No campaign, most Battlefield games haven't had them. No pass required unless you want cosmetic items.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1023 posts
1475 upvotes
Terrebonne
Lemonylol wrote: No campaign, most Battlefield games haven't had them. No pass required unless you want cosmetic items.
He means you need Xbox Live. Only actually F2P games don’t require it, like Fortnite and Rocket League.
Dec 24, 2010
308 posts
739 upvotes
Toronto
Lemonylol wrote: No campaign, most Battlefield games haven't had them. No pass required unless you want cosmetic items.
This is the first battlefield without campaign
Aug 29, 2010
764 posts
652 upvotes
Toronto
crosby86 wrote: This is the first battlefield without campaign
BF1942, BF2, Vietnam and 2142 did not have campaigns.
May 30, 2015
774 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dyalect wrote: $15 lol.
overspending by 14.99
dont reward failure

pay me to take it!
I bought the PC version from amazon.ca ($15.00) and the game is actually really good.
It is not as good as BF3 but I am enjoying it a lot.

Certainly worth $15.00 IMO