Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Battlefield V - $19.98 PS4/XBOX ONE

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2019 8:30 am
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
Its not the greatest, but I've been playing it for months and it's fine. Fun to just jump in a for a match or two. Some of the modes they alternate through I find enjoying.
Nov 30, 2017
469 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Long-time PC gamer here. Been reluctant to even try FPS on my recently bought console. But for $20 what the heck.. will be mopped online but perhaps I'll enjoy the single player.

FYI Amazon has the PS4 version for the same price.
Dec 28, 2017
316 posts
384 upvotes
AB
JKCanada wrote: FYI Amazon has the PS4 version for the same price.
yeah guess this will be the price in the long run, could see it dropping more
Nov 30, 2017
469 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Ganciel wrote: yeah guess this will be the price in the long run, could see it dropping more
Battlefield 1 has been @ $14.99 for a while, so don't think much room.
Oct 2, 2016
162 posts
437 upvotes
It’s also free if you have EA Access for those on xbox
Jan 1, 2010
542 posts
576 upvotes
U4IA wrote: Its not the greatest, but I've been playing it for months and it's fine. Fun to just jump in a for a match or two. Some of the modes they alternate through I find enjoying.
Any specific reason why? Minus the historical accuracy stuff.

I mean I played BF1 a lot and I enjoyed it.

I got this game but I'm still kind of torn on whether to keep or return it.
Nov 7, 2016
113 posts
172 upvotes
If you enjoyed BF1, then you'll enjoy BFV. I held off initially because i felt like the beta felt like a reskinned BF1. I bought it 4 months after release, and have to say It's come a long way. Also, it's a insane amount of content for $20.

ninja_warrior wrote: Any specific reason why? Minus the historical accuracy stuff.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Started playing this on PC when it was added to EA access and I'm enjoying it a lot. The gameplay is easily as good if not better than BF1, only issues are a couple maps suck really bad and optimization on PC is sort of poor compared to BF1 while not looking that much better so YMMV on console. Overall I'm surprised by how good the game is considering the outrageous amount of hate it gets online. Now that I've actually played it that really strikes me as a bizarre phenomenon
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
ninja_warrior wrote: Any specific reason why? Minus the historical accuracy stuff.

I find it a bit repetitive after a few months since for some modes, there's only 2-3 maps, but they introduce new modes for short periods which is nice. I think for $20 its a ton of fun. No regrets getting it at $40 a while back.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2010
1020 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto

For this price it's worth it. I'm a loooong time Battlefield player and this is the only one where I really felt a need to complain. Even BF1 was a solid game, despite how they destroyed the community by getting rid of a proper server structure, and the historical inaccuracy I guess (which wasn't really an issue if privately owned servers were a thing).

The problem I have with BFV it's been like 8 months and we still only have two armies that are playable, a handful of weapons (with obscure ones being trickled in), and like 8 maps that were meant to last us this long. I think they thought they could cheat their way out of releasing legit content by releasing new "modes" on the same 8 maps, but the problem with that is that the maps aren't really designed for any one mode, so it just always feels off, flat, and repetitive.

But yeah considering they eventually are releasing the US and Japanese armies in November and some new maps over the next few months, for $20 at this point, it's worth it. It's really a shame how EA has morphed DICE into some cash-cow though. Like most people have never even played the last two expansions for BF1, which were arguable the best content. Too little too late.
Jan 1, 2010
542 posts
576 upvotes
Lemonylol wrote: For this price it's worth it. I'm a loooong time Battlefield player and this is the only one where I really felt a need to complain. Even BF1 was a solid game, despite how they destroyed the community by getting rid of a proper server structure, and the historical inaccuracy I guess (which wasn't really an issue if privately owned servers were a thing).

The problem I have with BFV it's been like 8 months and we still only have two armies that are playable, a handful of weapons (with obscure ones being trickled in), and like 8 maps that were meant to last us this long. I think they thought they could cheat their way out of releasing legit content by releasing new "modes" on the same 8 maps, but the problem with that is that the maps aren't really designed for any one mode, so it just always feels off, flat, and repetitive.

But yeah considering they eventually are releasing the US and Japanese armies in November and some new maps over the next few months, for $20 at this point, it's worth it. It's really a shame how EA has morphed DICE into some cash-cow though. Like most people have never even played the last two expansions for BF1, which were arguable the best content. Too little too late.
My problem is that I tend to stick with games for a while. I liked BF1 a lot however, I skipped BF5 because of the initial bad reviews. I switched over to League of Legends for a couple of months now. But I'm bored now.

I don't like how BF is following the trend by going after the same market as Fortnite, BLOPS4 and Apex Legends.

Instead, invest that time and money into making more maps, weapons for BF's core market SOONER.

I got the game of a friend and I'm going to try it out before I decide to keep it or not.

Thanks to everyone for weighing in.
Nov 7, 2016
113 posts
172 upvotes
It's true, some modes only rotate thru a handful of maps and i wish those rotated quicker, but when you add it up there are 10 maps currently (Mercury released last month +firestorm). Plus another will be released next week, plus 1 in july, plus 2 in August, plus 1 in October (the new Metro-like map), plus plus 3 more buy the end of the year (including Iwo Jima). Again, for $20....that's a heck of a lot of content.

U4IA wrote: I find it a bit repetitive after a few months since for some modes, there's only 2-3 maps, but they introduce new modes for short periods which is nice. I think for $20 its a ton of fun. No regrets getting it at $40 a while back.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2010
1020 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto
ninja_warrior wrote:
I don't like how BF is following the trend by going after the same market as Fortnite, BLOPS4 and Apex Legends.

Instead, invest that time and money into making more maps, weapons for BF's core market SOONER.
100% agree. While Battlefield currently has great gunplay compared to other more arcadey shooters, it was always that nice balance of "here's a cool map with some guns and vehicles, have fun" sandbox gameplay. Ever since BC2 it's been losing that concept more and more. BF1 tried to add in a competitive mode that absolutely failed, and BFV now has a Battle Royale mode that I just don't care about in an already over-saturated market.

Honestly I just hope an independent studio comes along and makes a battlefield-like game that's much better than what DICE is currently doing. Most of my memories from this game come from messing around with other players to be honest.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)