Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 6, 2007
15 posts
63 upvotes
Cambridge

[Best Buy] Beats solo 3 164.99 with shoppers PM at best buy

Just price matched these with shoppers drug mart super sale. 179.99 - 10% ended up being 164.99+TX.
Images
  • upload.jpg
24 replies
[OP]
Jun 6, 2007
15 posts
63 upvotes
Cambridge
They had to call a local shoppers to verify stock, but after that it was a breeze.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3706 posts
5906 upvotes
Kitchener
That's a great price!

Still too much for me though :(
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Oct 2, 2016
113 posts
381 upvotes
This is a great price for these. Too bad I can’t wear headphones as they mess up my beautiful flowing hair..or else I’d pick this up!
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1158 posts
1751 upvotes
Correct me if I'm wrong but... if these are the same, a price match would be a $17 savings from $229 making them $212?

Shoppers has the Beats Studio 3 over ear for $229.99. Bestbuy has them for $399. I think they are the same head phones. I could be wrong. Can someone with better knowledge of Beats chime in?

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/be ... 34527.aspx?
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
Mar 7, 2011
819 posts
816 upvotes
Off topic, but any good recommendations for bt sport earbuds?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1424 posts
4079 upvotes
Calgary, AB
KenAdams wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but... if these are the same, a price match would be a $17 savings from $229 making them $212?

Shoppers has the Beats Studio 3 over ear for $229.99. Bestbuy has them for $399. I think they are the same head phones. I could be wrong. Can someone with better knowledge of Beats chime in?

He's talking about the Beats Solo which SDM has for $179.99. You are referring to the Beats Studio. The former is on-ear and the latter is over-ear and includes mediocre Active Noise Cancelling.
Oct 6, 2016
60 posts
54 upvotes
tunda11 wrote: Off topic, but any good recommendations for bt sport earbuds?
I use these at the gym. I find they work well, have great sound, they are a bit on the bass'y side but I love it for that. I usually use them for 4-5 45min-1hour workouts before I have to charge again. I've tried my friends Beats wireless over-ear and there definitely isn't a $140 difference in sound for me (Mind you, I am not an audiophile). I also love Anker's support through Amazon, almost all the time when you have issues, if you have issues, they are willing to replace it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Headphones- ... way&sr=8-2
Dec 26, 2012
73 posts
47 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but... if these are the same, a price match would be a $17 savings from $229 making them $212?

The SDM flyer has them for 179.99 Saturday and Sunday. OP says the SDM price in their post.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1158 posts
1751 upvotes
tmkYOW wrote: The SDM flyer has them for 179.99 Saturday and Sunday. OP says the SDM price in their post.
Maybe I should have been a little more clear. SDM ALSO has the Studio3 on sale for $229. I was curious if they were the same ones listed on the BB link above... hopefully this better clarifies my post.
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1996 posts
367 upvotes
I was at the Hillside Victoria SDM this morning and was able to buy on points a pair of the BEATS Solo 3 for the advertised $179.99 price . There were none on the shelves so I asked a clerk if they had any in store. He went to the back storeroom and brought it out for me. I told him I was glad he found "one" for me to which he replied " do you want more of them? " So maybe they have more and if anyone is wanting to buy the same at BESTBUY and do a price match with the extra 10% off the $179.99 price, do it now while SDM still have some. Of course if you want to use your Optimum points and buy a pair at SDM, you can use only 180,000 points and pay the balance of taxes using cash or your credit card.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15092 posts
3008 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Are these even good headphones? I am in market for a good BT over-year (ideally) headphone.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
weedb0y wrote: Are these even good headphones? I am in market for a good BT over-year (ideally) headphone.
Yes they are actually good now, only the original monster ones were bad (easy to spot since they have the monster logo on them). Normally you pay a premium for their look, but I think they are easily worth it at this price.

Personally I much prefer my m50x bt that I got for $200, but if you do get those make sure to set the correct codec using the app (aptx for android, AAC for iOS, I found on auto it wasn’t using the best codec).
Apr 9, 2009
471 posts
504 upvotes
Calgary
coldeals wrote: This is a great price for these. Too bad I can’t wear headphones as they mess up my beautiful flowing hair..or else I’d pick this up!
I am the exact opposite. I wear these all the time to cover up my cul de sac!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1062 posts
889 upvotes
Edmonton
Just grabbed the studio 3 from visions for 210 + tax (they do 15% price beat).

Thanks OP!
Oct 7, 2017
729 posts
1191 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Are these even good headphones? I am in market for a good BT over-year (ideally) headphone.
Definitely. After apple bought Beats they improved the sound greatly. Probably not worth $300, but the battery life is INSANE (I think 40 hours) and if you’re going to use it swapping between two iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) the W3 chip is very convenient. I bought them on a similar deal from shoppers a year or two ago. If I could choose to buy these or the studios I would buy the studios simply because these aren’t comfortable to wear for a long time for me because they clamp on my ears after a while. Mostly use them for the gym and even if I go an hour a day I only have to charge them once a month. It’s awesome.
Dec 29, 2018
1 posts
I am not sure how you guys made it! I contacted two local BB and they refused to match the price because they say the price shown on SDM’s flyer is two day only. So sad cannot get the deal.