Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

BenQ 27" EX2710 IPS 144Hz 1ms on Sale $249

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 4:23 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 31, 2013
15 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary

[Best Buy] BenQ 27" EX2710 IPS 144Hz 1ms on Sale $249

Best Buy has the BenQ EX2710 for only $249!
Really good price for a gaming monitor with those specs especially for those looking to improve their Apex gameplay Winking Face

Review - https://www.wepc.com/gaming-monitor/rev ... uz-ex2710/
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 4, 2011
5757 posts
3707 upvotes
West Vancouver
carmaster wrote: 1080p no thanks
There is always this guy lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3577 posts
1012 upvotes
Toronto
Please put the resolution in the title next time so I may save some clicks and bandwidth. Appreciate it OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2637 posts
5855 upvotes
Vancouver
Coz4k wrote: There is always this guy lol.
Well he is not wrong

27" with 1080p is absolute garbage. 24" is the max I would go at that res.
Member
User avatar
Dec 2, 2008
328 posts
83 upvotes
GTA
So to be fair, I just bought my first 1440P 25” monitor and I don’t know how I put up with 1080p monitors for so long.

We use Retina / QHD phone displays, tablet displays, and laptop displays.. so why is 1080p still acceptable?

1440p should be the minimum in 2021.
:cheesygri
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2007
1109 posts
671 upvotes
Canada
Cadillax wrote: So to be fair, I just bought my first 1440P 25” monitor and I don’t know how I put up with 1080p monitors for so long.

We use Retina / QHD phone displays, tablet displays, and laptop displays.. so why is 1080p still acceptable?

1440p should be the minimum in 2021.
Internet Users Screen Resolution Realtime Statistics for 2021
https://www.screenresolution.org/

1920x1080 : 21.19%
1366x768 : 9.60%
1536x864 : 6.96%
1440x900 : 4.65%
...

2560x1440 : 3.83%
3440x1440 : 0.42%
1440x1080 : 0.03%
simple is the best...
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2637 posts
5855 upvotes
Vancouver
Cadillax wrote: So to be fair, I just bought my first 1440P 25” monitor and I don’t know how I put up with 1080p monitors for so long.

We use Retina / QHD phone displays, tablet displays, and laptop displays.. so why is 1080p still acceptable?

1440p should be the minimum in 2021.
If you are old enough to remember the early 2000's, EVERYTHING was 16:10.

Then computer monitor manufacturers realized they could take advantage of the economies of scale provided by the tv industry, and switched everything to 16:9. For everything except movie watching this was trash. That vertical real estate made reading webpages, photo editing, EVERYTHING worse than before.

The consumer got screwed, as usual in the name of profit.

I went out of my way to find 16:10 monitors, and they are difficult to find nowadays. But with 3:2 hopefully making a comeback hopefully we can eradicate this 16:9 nonsense from this earth
Sr. Member
Apr 18, 2017
806 posts
1668 upvotes
Cadillax wrote: So to be fair, I just bought my first 1440P 25” monitor and I don’t know how I put up with 1080p monitors for so long.

We use Retina / QHD phone displays, tablet displays, and laptop displays.. so why is 1080p still acceptable?

1440p should be the minimum in 2021.
Huh, I went from a 1440p 75hz to 1080p 144hz and like the 1080p far more. I honestly could not tell what the hype was about with 1440p - especially in gaming.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2003
4234 posts
280 upvotes
Tahsis
Cadillax wrote:
We use Retina / QHD phone displays, tablet displays, and laptop displays.. so why is 1080p still acceptable?
Display price and video card price to drive that amount of pixels.

I went from a 27” 1080p to a 3440x1440p 34”, only thing I lament is not sucking it up a bit to go 3840 x 1600 38”. But really the cost and mediocre frame rates even out of a 3080 at that resolution held me back.
Newbie
Aug 22, 2010
82 posts
119 upvotes
Ottawa
danascully wrote: Well he is not wrong

27" with 1080p is absolute garbage. 24" is the max I would go at that res.
He's not wrong according to your preferences. There are valid use cases for 27" 1080p gaming displays and this is a very good one.

There's no need for people to downvote great deals because they don't apply to them.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2014
1062 posts
1297 upvotes
danascully wrote: If you are old enough to remember the early 2000's, EVERYTHING was 16:10.

Then computer monitor manufacturers realized they could take advantage of the economies of scale provided by the tv industry, and switched everything to 16:9. For everything except movie watching this was trash. That vertical real estate made reading webpages, photo editing, EVERYTHING worse than before.

The consumer got screwed, as usual in the name of profit.

I went out of my way to find 16:10 monitors, and they are difficult to find nowadays. But with 3:2 hopefully making a comeback hopefully we can eradicate this 16:9 nonsense from this earth
Still have (and use) a Dell U2415 16:10. Always been fond of the 16:10 aspect ratio too. Might've been because my first laptop was a 16:10 back in the day.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2637 posts
5855 upvotes
Vancouver
Desiato wrote: He's not wrong according to your preferences. There are valid use cases for 27" 1080p gaming displays and this is a very good one.

There's no need for people to downvote great deals because they don't apply to them.
The only valid use case is that you're poor, doesn't mean you have to buy a crappily spec'ed monitor
Last edited by danascully on Aug 14th, 2021 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2637 posts
5855 upvotes
Vancouver
3express wrote: Still have (and use) a Dell U2415 16:10. Always been fond of the 16:10 aspect ratio too. Might've been because my first laptop was a 16:10 back in the day.
I'm currenting running a Dell 30" 3007WFP and a 24" U2412M, both 16:10
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2072 posts
4002 upvotes
carmaster wrote: 1080p no thanks
Coz4k wrote: There is always this guy lol.
Well he does have a fair point cause after going from a 27" 1080p to a 27" 1440p I could just never go back to a 1080p on a 27".
Fido 20GB $35
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6802 posts
3170 upvotes
Germany
Coz4k wrote: There is always this guy lol.
It’s 2021. That pixel density shouldn’t be acceptable.
Jr. Member
Mar 8, 2010
167 posts
309 upvotes
danascully wrote: The only valid use case is that you're poor, doesn't mean you have to buy a crappily spec'ed monitor
There is a difference between being "poor" and wanting to stay within a certain budget. Maybe a gaming monitor isn't really an important purchase in someone's life so they can compromise on certain aspects to save some money? Your reply comes off as incredibly condescending.
unshavenyak wrote: It’s 2021. That pixel density shouldn’t be acceptable.
Out of curiosity, assuming that someone wants to stick within the specific budget of the posted monitor ($250-$270ish range), would pixel density be the least acceptable compromise to make to stay within this price bracket? Or would it be one of the following:

- Pixel Density, as mentioned
- Panel technology (IPS vs TN vs VA)
- Panel size
- Panel Refresh Rate

I ask because I think that this answer varies from person to person. The pixel density of this monitor may not be acceptable to you, but if you opt for a smaller monitor to increase pixel density and reduce cost, is a 24" monitor "acceptable in 2021"?

Is a VA monitor "acceptable in 2021" then? Those are cheaper, but less colour accurate and have significantly worse viewing angles, along with black smearing in movement which offsets the benefits of a higher refresh rate.

You can definitely get a 27+ in, 4k 60Hz, IPS monitor for this price. But is 60Hz "acceptable in 2021"? I would assume for many shopping for a gaming monitor in the first place wouldn't consider 60Hz acceptable at all. You speak of pixel density, but a 144Hz 1080p monitor would actually be clearer in motion than a 4k 60Hz monitor. Motion clarity is indeed a thing, and framerate makes a difference.

If no compromises are acceptable to a person that's perfectly fine. But then you gotta pay for the quality, and I don't think posting in a deal for a $250 monitor is even in the equation in the first place. There obviously will be a compromise somewhere, at this price point.


At the end of the day the posted deal is still very good (for now at least, who knows what future sales will look like). Take a look at the market, browse Canadacomputers, costco, bestbuy, staples, amazon, whatever. This price is what you would expect to pay for a 24" 144Hz 1080p IPS gaming monitor, the fact that it's 27" (pixel density be damned) is an added bonus.

Top