Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

[Best Buy] $49.99 Razer Deathadder Chroma 10000 DPI gaming mouse price error?

Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2014
1065 posts
873 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Buy] [Best Buy] $49.99 Razer Deathadder Chroma 10000 DPI gaming mouse price error?

So i saw a deal link from redflag about bestbuy sales and found this mouse on the list for $65 so i clicked the link and bestbuy website show s $49.99 after $30 discount (original price $79.99) .

deal link (mobile) : http://m.bestbuy.ca/defaultpage.aspx?la ... u=10588726

so i came to metrotown bestbuy and grabbed one for checkout and CSR scans and says this one has wrong pricing sticker and said its $69.99. i showed her the link and compared the product number and confirmed it matched with the box, she goes, " give me one second, let me double check", she comes back and gave me at $49.99, so not sure if its price error on the web so grab one if you need one, im writing this right outside the bestbuy now, metrotown location has tons of these so...good luck.
34 replies
Jul 15, 2017
641 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My friend and I picked this one up already when the deal started. Don't think it's a pricing error and just a wrong price scan on the machine when checking out. It got scanned at $70 but I then showed them the web page on BestBuy and they corrected the price allowing me to buy it for $50.

Been hearing mixed reviews, but mostly good ones about this mouse. Considering how much is being paid for it, it's still worth it.
Apr 12, 2013
216 posts
106 upvotes
Seems like a solid buy. Paid 65$ in Nov/16 from Amazon
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2996 posts
601 upvotes
Burnaby
good price
thanks OP
MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM; AMD Ryzen 5 3600; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB + 16GB; WD Black SN770 1TB;
Oct 3, 2008
645 posts
243 upvotes
Scarborough
razor mouse has a mechanical flaw causing double clicks.
Sep 9, 2015
316 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Brrandon wrote: My friend and I picked this one up already when the deal started. Don't think it's a pricing error and just a wrong price scan on the machine when checking out. It got scanned at $70 but I then showed them the web page on BestBuy and they corrected the price allowing me to buy it for $50.

Been hearing mixed reviews, but mostly good ones about this mouse. Considering how much is being paid for it, it's still worth it.
If you're going with Razer, do yourself a favor and get the elites. No double click problems due to bad microswitches.

The deathadder chroma is fine as a gaming mouse. I actually prefer its ergonomics above all other gaming mice but they are not built to last. I've RMA'd 2 so far, and repaired 3. Of the 3 i've repaired, the 2 mice i've RMA'd had to be repaired a second time once the warranty expired. The fix is cheap and because they've improved on the deathadder wiring design it has actually become slightly easier but still technical.

If you absolutely must have a deathadder mouse for its ergonomics, the chroma is fine. Otherwise, save the headache and get a logitech.
Sep 21, 2016
63 posts
45 upvotes
I have purchased this mouse about 2-3 year ago and it worked well at first, however, it stopped working randomly. I attempted to update drivers, contacted support, etc... The light would not turn on when connected to any usb port (I've tried several). I contacted razer support and they would not do anything to help and I was outside of the 30 day return policy for Best Buy.

The mouse I had before this was a razer lachesis and it had double click problems. I swapped to steel series for both my mouse/keyboard and I would not recommend buying this product.

The price is great and I don't want to discourage you but I would do some research prior to ordering. If you do some checking into this mouse you will find it has a lot of problems although I am a bit biased due to the lack of customer service from razer.
Oct 3, 2008
645 posts
243 upvotes
Scarborough
Airans wrote: I have purchased this mouse about 2-3 year ago and it worked well at first, however, it stopped working randomly. I attempted to update drivers, contacted support, etc... The light would not turn on when connected to any usb port (I've tried several). I contacted razer support and they would not do anything to help and I was outside of the 30 day return policy for Best Buy.

The mouse I had before this was a razer lachesis and it had double click problems. I swapped to steel series for both my mouse/keyboard and I would not recommend buying this product.

The price is great and I don't want to discourage you but I would do some research prior to ordering. If you do some checking into this mouse you will find it has a lot of problems although I am a bit biased due to the lack of customer service from razer.
I have 3 Razor deathadders, 2 from RMA which i had to pay shipping for and 1 from original purchase. All end up having the same double clicking problem within 3months.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2014
1065 posts
873 upvotes
Vancouver
this does look like error in some where as latest bestbuy flyer shows this mouse as 64.99 after 15 discount
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2623 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
sarsshadow wrote: razor mouse has a mechanical flaw causing double clicks.
I had this problem. Never buying another Razer product..
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting, my death adder recently started having the double click issue. Took a few years to start, but I had no idea it was a common problem. Guess I'll switch back to logitech when this issue gets worse with my mouse.
Last edited by Eluder on Jul 19th, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1458 posts
520 upvotes
Mississauga
sarsshadow wrote: I have 3 Razor deathadders, 2 from RMA which i had to pay shipping for and 1 from original purchase. All end up having the same double clicking problem within 3months.
Razer stuff is garbage, I had a black widow ultimate that literally bricked itself with a driver update and a death after double checking.

I switched to a 20$ steel series kinzu and honestly has been going strong for 3-4 years. I even spilled an entire glass of water on it by accident and after it dried (even when plugged in) it worked flawlessly.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
razer... they're like the seagate of overpriced peripherals, high RMA rates, probably one of the few brand worth buying extended warranty for, cuz you'll actually use it
Signature removed due to rule violation
Dec 29, 2013
109 posts
37 upvotes
never again mouse dfrom Razer... i had one with many problem, after RMA process, same problem after couple week... now, got logitech and no problem!
Mar 27, 2011
674 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Airans wrote: I have purchased this mouse about 2-3 year ago and it worked well at first, however, it stopped working randomly. I attempted to update drivers, contacted support, etc... The light would not turn on when connected to any usb port (I've tried several). I contacted razer support and they would not do anything to help and I was outside of the 30 day return policy for Best Buy.

not just you lol. All my razer mice die within 2 years. I don't know why I keep coming back to the deathadder.... this was my desk last night lol. At least their mousepad hasn't broken down yet :P
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
congo80 wrote: So i saw a deal link from redflag about bestbuy sales and found this mouse on the list for $65 so i clicked the link and bestbuy website show s $49.99 after $30 discount (original price $79.99) .

deal link (mobile) : http://m.bestbuy.ca/defaultpage.aspx?la ... u=10588726

so i came to metrotown bestbuy and grabbed one for checkout and CSR scans and says this one has wrong pricing sticker and said its $69.99. i showed her the link and compared the product number and confirmed it matched with the box, she goes, " give me one second, let me double check", she comes back and gave me at $49.99, so not sure if its price error on the web so grab one if you need one, im writing this right outside the bestbuy now, metrotown location has tons of these so...good luck.
You know you probably should have got it for $39.99 due to SCOP. Unless they stopped following SCOP I don't exactly shop there...
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
thats such a generic statement, they make many different mice each having multiple revisions.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1360 posts
762 upvotes
Strange that cheap mice like the ones you get free with a dell computer last for a decade with no problems yet expensive mice only last a couple of years.
May 7, 2010
625 posts
509 upvotes
Edmonton
Yup, that's right! I had 3 Razer mice all with the same problem. Never again Razer, I'm back to the Logitech bandwagon Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)