Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

[Best Buy] Global G2/G4 Chef's Knife+MinoSharp Sharpener $89.99 (Free Shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2018 1:38 pm
[OP]
Feb 15, 2008
584 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] [Best Buy] Global G2/G4 Chef's Knife+MinoSharp Sharpener $89.99 (Free Shipping)

G2 Global Classic Starter 2-Piece Knife Set (G2220GB)
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/gl ... 71418.aspx?

G4 Global Classic Starter 2-Piece Knife Set (G46220BR)
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/gl ... 71416.aspx?

Not sure if the price of these knifes has gone any lower before.
Overall reviews on these knife set are pretty good.
7 replies
Oct 2, 2009
572 posts
374 upvotes
Actually a decent deal. If I were to get it I would get the 8 inch chefs over the 7 inch santoku for sure.

Not quite on par with high end japanese knives but def better than most german/NA knives.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1015 posts
607 upvotes
Decent deal, anything under $100 for the G2 alone is good. I've spent a good amount of time with the G2. It's a great intro into nicer knives - ultimately didn't fit my hand that well and I went with a Mac Mighty Pro 8.5" Chef.

Pro: Great fit if you have smaller hands.
Con: Minor, but I found it more slippery than avg if your hands are wet (which they shouldn't be anyways).
Last edited by Spongeboy on Jun 29th, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heatware (11-0-0)
Spongeboy
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1114 posts
1969 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP. I've had a full set of Global knives for almost 15 years now. They are one of my favourite things, and possibly the best money I have ever spent.

Picked up one of the G2 sets for a gift!
Jan 18, 2007
299 posts
61 upvotes
Picked up this deal last time around and couldn't be more pleased. Grabbed a Global paring knife to go with it and threw away my old block of cheap knives.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3106 posts
1273 upvotes
Toronto
Lowest price was $79.99 in April from Amazon. Good deal nonetheless.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7653 posts
4345 upvotes
Debtario
Got in on the amazon deal in April, not disappointed. The knife is perfectly weighted and razor sharp, I still think the super light and slip resistant victorinox fibrox handled knives are much better value, but these knives are impressive to look at and handle. I just need a smaller sandwich/peeling/utility knife and I'm good.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"