Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Best Buy Ultimate Appliance Event Stack with Energy Savings Rebate!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 7:26 pm
[OP]
Nov 19, 2016
35 posts
19 upvotes

[Best Buy] Best Buy Ultimate Appliance Event Stack with Energy Savings Rebate!

Fine print says it excludes Cafe and Laundry appliances, but I was able to apply the discount with those items online and bring it in store to price match appliances that I bought 2 weeks ago.

Best Buy also still has the 25% energy savings rebate. It is still applied in cart online Please be aware that the rebate is applied BEFORE taxes online. When you go in store, the discount is applied AFTER tax. They are able to match this difference in store, please do not forget to do this!

Some tips that I want to share after hunting for appliances these past few weeks
  • Best Buy will waive the shipping fees if you buy in person.
  • For Best Buy to remove your old appliances is $40 per item.
  • Most credit cards offer +1 year of manufacturer warranty. You don't need to buy Best Buy's extended warranty unless you feel like you need more.
  • Best Buy still has the energy efficient rebate, you save 25%, up to $500 on all energy efficient appliances. This is pretty significant. If you buy in store, get them to price match online, since online does the rebate BEFORE tax.
25 replies
Nov 6, 2018
166 posts
433 upvotes
Internetsurfer wrote: How do you apply the rebate?
Rebate is for Ontario only and should be applied automatically in cart
Disclaimer: I am not an official spokesperson for Costco, just someone who loves it
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1915 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
brokeadult wrote: Image

Fine print says it excludes Cafe and Laundry appliances, but I was able to apply the discount with those items online and bring it in store to price match appliances that I bought 2 weeks ago.

Best Buy also still has the 25% energy savings rebate. It is still applied in cart online.Please be aware that the rebate is applied BEFORE taxes online. When you go in store, the discount is applied AFTER tax. They are able to match this difference in store, please do not forget to do this!

Some tips that I want to share after hunting for appliances these past few weeks
  • Best Buy will waive the shipping fees if you buy in person.
  • For Best Buy to remove your old appliances is $40 per item.
  • Most credit cards offer +1 year of manufacturer warranty. You don't need to buy Best Buy's extended warranty unless you feel like you need more.
  • Best Buy still has the energy efficient rebate, you save 25%, up to $500 on all energy efficient appliances. This is pretty significant. If you buy in store, get them to price match online, since online does the rebate BEFORE tax.
I wasn't able to apply any laundry appliances to get the $100 discount over $1000.
Are you in the GTA? If so, I'm curious which BestBuy you're dealing with as most won't if waive shipping.
[OP]
Nov 19, 2016
35 posts
19 upvotes
CostcoIsBestco wrote: Rebate is for Ontario only and should be applied automatically in cart
Filter by items that are EnergyStar Qualified and the rebate will be applied in the cart
[OP]
Nov 19, 2016
35 posts
19 upvotes
blindemboss wrote: I wasn't able to apply any laundry appliances to get the $100 discount over $1000.
Are you in the GTA? If so, I'm curious which BestBuy you're dealing with as most won't if waive shipping.
I just tried and I was only able to get 79.99 off with only laundry appliances in the cart as well.

My order subtotal was around $10000 and without the laundry appliances and Cafe products, it would have been under $6500. The total Order Discounts shown online was equal to the sum of all the promotional discounts and energy rebates + $1000. So this might be an error on the Best Buy website.

When I did the PM in person, there were no questions asked and I wasn't challenged on having bought non eligible products.

I dealt with the Markville Best Buy, they were super helpful.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3212 posts
1260 upvotes
Ottawa
brokeadult wrote: Filter by items that are EnergyStar Qualified and the rebate will be applied in the cart
Looked three times I don't see how to filter by that.
Sep 22, 2010
95 posts
43 upvotes
I searched for Energy Star refrigerators, and I tried checking out. Its only applying 100$ discount instead of the 25%, what gives? This was the discount in the product its not even energy star qualified even if i filtered by that and product details say it is?
Order Summary
Product Subtotal $2099.99
Order Discounts
-$100.00
Estimated Shipping $79.99
Estimated Taxes $270.40
Estimated Total $2350.38
Then I added another fridge and this one gives me 350$ discount, but if its a 25% discount, why is it only 350 off?
Order Summary
Product Subtotal $1999.99
Order Discounts
-$350.00
Estimated Shipping $79.99
Estimated Taxes $270.40
Estimated Total $2350.38
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13560 posts
3656 upvotes
GTA
Excludes Cafe, Miele and even KitchenAid...kinda lame
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3196 posts
3194 upvotes
Oakville
blindemboss wrote:
I wasn't able to apply any laundry appliances to get the $100 discount over $1000.
brokeadult wrote: I just tried and I was only able to get 79.99 off with only laundry appliances in the cart as well.

My order subtotal was around $10000 and without the laundry appliances and Cafe products, it would have been under $6500. The total Order Discounts shown online was equal to the sum of all the promotional discounts and energy rebates + $1000. So this might be an error on the Best Buy website.

When I did the PM in person, there were no questions asked and I wasn't challenged on having bought non eligible products.

I dealt with the Markville Best Buy, they were super helpful.
It says in the fine print laundry appliances are excluded. Right in the OP picture in small font.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Nov 26, 2016
135 posts
101 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Maybe put in title "Ontario Only"
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3038 posts
1931 upvotes
Langley
Lowes had a 20% deal if you buy three or more appliances. It's a much better deal.

I would go to Lowes if you need at least three appliances. I also put it on their credit card to get 12 months free loan.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2234 posts
1132 upvotes
GTA
I had a laundry pair in my cart yesterday and refreshed today , the total went up by $80 with same energy rebates applied but BB had the prices of the appliances go up over night.
Sneaky
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7999 posts
392 upvotes
Is the energy saving rebate available anywhere else?
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Dec 25, 2018
217 posts
281 upvotes
brokeadult wrote: Best Buy also still has the 25% energy savings rebate. It is still applied in cart online Please be aware that the rebate is applied BEFORE taxes online. When you go in store, the discount is applied AFTER tax. They are able to match this difference in store, please do not forget to do this!
I’m so confused how this is any different before or after tax?

$1000 x 1.13 x 0.75
=
$1000 x 0.75 x 1.13