Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Best Buy VIP sale - Google Home/Mini $99.99/$39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2018 7:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1326 posts
1117 upvotes
Oakville

[Best Buy] Best Buy VIP sale - Google Home/Mini $99.99/$39.99

Best Buy is having another VIP sale starting Thursday June 28th.

A couple of decent deals: Google Home mini for $39.99 and the Sony STRN1080 Receiver for $499.

Flyer link
153 replies
Nov 7, 2017
602 posts
468 upvotes
They call it VIP, but it is mainly just regular one day with usual sale prices.
Dec 4, 2008
220 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
I have both this and Amazon Echo Dots - I'm not sure which is better still. We have a bunch of smart devices at home and it's seems everything I'm using is compatible with both.

That being said, Alexa had an update a while back where it didn't repeat a full confirmation back after a command which was kind of nice.

Either way, good price on both the Google Home and the Mini for anyone who didn't get them during over last Christmas.
Dec 15, 2016
155 posts
178 upvotes
Same old same old from Best Buy. The old way to "truly" get a deal from this company is to negotiate, some stores will and some won't.
Jun 9, 2018
216 posts
320 upvotes
Home Depot carries these and will price match and beat by 10% as well, if you want to save a few bucks.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4869 posts
1571 upvotes
Charlottetown
that's a good deal on the mini......may have to grab another one. thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
Arlo Pro with 4 cameras package for 679 - good deal?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12131 posts
4953 upvotes
Staples has the same price starting Thursday.

I have a $10 off $100 coupon.. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11515 posts
1487 upvotes
GVR
What are the reasons people are choosing Home over Home Mini?
Nov 21, 2016
451 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Kaitlyn wrote: What are the reasons people are choosing Home over Home Mini?
Better Speaker (Louder and more bass)
Better Microphones - This is something I hate about the mini. When some music is playing, I literally have to shout for it to hear my "Hey Google" command. But its much easier on the bigger home. Also the bigger home can hear me from across the room than the mini.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3376 posts
723 upvotes
Will These be in limited quantities? I bought a few days ago from Costco one for my mom and I bought the home and mini combo 2 weeks ago for myself.

I don't think Costco will price match? So guess I have to return them or try to get difference back from capital one credit card.

What do people think is better looking at saving at least $80.
May 2, 2008
534 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Kaitlyn wrote: What are the reasons people are choosing Home over Home Mini?
Sound quality probably.
Personally I have one full size home and I recently learned (through RFD) about some Insignia clones that can be found for much cheaper if you have a friend in US (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=in ... le+speaker). There are two models, one which is about the same size of the regular size GH and comparable sound quality and a bigger one which has a built in battery so it's portable and has better sound quality in my opinion. They also have an LED clock in front and built in Bluetooth, which is a plus for me. Got the smaller one on eBay, open box for ~ $37 CAD and the larger one an a BestBuy US sale for ~ $56 CAD
Jun 9, 2018
216 posts
320 upvotes
xiaobao wrote: Will These be in limited quantities? I bought a few days ago from Costco one for my mom and I bought the home and mini combo 2 weeks ago for myself.

I don't think Costco will price match? So guess I have to return them or try to get difference back from capital one credit card.

What do people think is better looking at saving at least $80.
Return them. Go to home depot who have them priced at $80/$180 and get them to price match bestbuy and beat the difference by 10%. Plus you can sign up for their emails and get a $5 off coupon. Or wait until Wednesday and get them from staples and sign up for their emails and get a $10 off coupon.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2016 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Dabeed wrote: I have both this and Amazon Echo Dots - I'm not sure which is better still. We have a bunch of smart devices at home and it's seems everything I'm using is compatible with both.

That being said, Alexa had an update a while back where it didn't repeat a full confirmation back after a command which was kind of nice.

Either way, good price on both the Google Home and the Mini for anyone who didn't get them during over last Christmas.
I have a lot of Echos but bought the Google Home during the Telus special ( Amazon Prime+ Home for $100). I prefer the Echo for the voice and the Alexa wakeup term. But Google Home seems to understand better, allows for your own music, is compatible in Canada ( French and English) but doesn’t have as nice a voice. More robotic like Siri. Mind you, there is a privacy issue with Google. Then again, Amazon in Canada will probably catch up in that respect.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2159 posts
553 upvotes
Alberta
sacthegreat666 wrote: Better Speaker (Louder and more bass)
Better Microphones - This is something I hate about the mini. When some music is playing, I literally have to shout for it to hear my "Hey Google" command. But its much easier on the bigger home. Also the bigger home can hear me from across the room than the mini.
Weird. I'm actually finding the mini has a better microphone. I have to yell at my Home....enough that I thought about replacing it with a mini.
The sound is better though.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3376 posts
723 upvotes
Ramtuckinit wrote: Return them. Go to home depot who have them priced at $80/$180 and get them to price match bestbuy and beat the difference by 10%. Plus you can sign up for their emails and get a $5 off coupon. Or wait until Wednesday and get them from staples and sign up for their emails and get a $10 off coupon.
Seems like home Depot is best deal. Hopefully they match it as one day sale and has customer limit.

Also should I just return the closed ones to Costco or return the opened ones? They don't take too long to setup so guess it's not too big of a deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)