• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2018 2:34 pm
Apr 18, 2012
75 posts
20 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
PedroC19892 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:04 pm
I just got the TCL 55S425-CA from Amazon, seems a better deal than any one bestbuy tvs in this price
I saw that one... but was interested on a smaller 43 In... it was really cheap! (I think it was 299$)
I hesitated because I never heard of TLC before now... now all gone...
more chance next time
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3214 posts
850 upvotes
GTA
VanceMendoza wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 1:18 am
Tbh a 1070 isn't a huge upgrade over my RX 480 so thanks Best Buy for keeping my wallet safe I guess. Still can't believe they have zero stock for something they advertised as having on BF. Don't think I've seen that before. Hype everyone up and then lower the price in the middle of the day prior to the actual sale and dump all available stock. Sigh.
Happens literally every year. There's a 'VIP' sale the day before black friday which consists of most of the black friday sales. As advertised the past few weeks in stores. Went live at midnight. Most items do have separate stock for the 2 days and do get restocked though. The zotac 1070 is trash anyway and I'm sure you'll find better soon.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24746 posts
5023 upvotes
VanceMendoza wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:18 am
Extremely disappointed that the 1070 is not restocked. How can you advertise this item and have literally zero stock across the country and online? I don't care if they did have it and sold out prior to Friday. Reeks of bait and switch to me. I bet some people lined up for it not knowing the GPUs are already gone. Shame on BB.
Selling out of something, on its own, is NOT bait and switch--way too many people do not understand what this means. I agree it sucks that it sold out before the sale even started but them's the breaks on these BF sales. They really ought to have held some back like they did with the PS4 but they did not.

As for the 1070 being "not much faster" than Ellesmere XT...well whatever helps you sleep at night I guess :lol: 1070 is around 50% faster and at the prices 580s are still selling for, $350 was a steal for this. Apart from FreeSync there's not much draw for a 580 on BF given what this 1070 was selling for. There's 580s still selling in this price range :rolleyes: though there are some nearing $250 AR. Honestly though Ellesmere XT should be closer to $200 AR by now. Instead scAMD cards are selling for, today, their original MSRPs back two years ago :rolleyes: Personally I'm not touching a 580 until it's less than $230 AR for a decent card with decent cooler. Will wait until BD or later even, not paying these stupid prices for this stuff.
Zyphur wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:11 am
Happens literally every year. There's a 'VIP' sale the day before black friday which consists of most of the black friday sales. As advertised the past few weeks in stores. Went live at midnight. Most items do have separate stock for the 2 days and do get restocked though. The zotac 1070 is trash anyway and I'm sure you'll find better soon.
For $350 or less, new? Doubtful. Cheapest 1070s otherwise are like $150 more.
Oct 11, 2018
116 posts
67 upvotes
KennethW84812 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 2:13 am
Staples is OOS, they won't match OOS. Plus, Best Buy doesn't match Black Friday deal anyways, so not sure what are you complaining...
Best Buy lowered the price of the 1070 to $339 Wednesday so they wouldn't need to price match Staples. Now they have no stock to honour the Black Friday deal plastered on their flyer. That's extremely short-sighted and why everyone who was in for a 1070 feels miffed.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2299 posts
2078 upvotes
So I have some questions for anybody that can help:

1. Did BB change their ordering system so that we can't order more than 1 per item anymore unless we make separate orders? A while back when I ordered something cheap that wasn't during a promo, it only let me order one, but I passed it off as due to it being an item sold online only and not carried in their brick and mortar stores. Now when trying to order a hard drive, there's no option to change the quantity even though the product page says household limit is 20.

2. Do we not get ebates cash back if a gift card is used to partially pay for an order? On the ebates BB page, it only says we don't get cash back for purchases of gift cards but nothing about when using them on orders.

Thanks.
Jan 24, 2016
84 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone buy or have experience with the JBL E45BT headphones that are on sale for $69?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2078 posts
289 upvotes
York
Sorry this is off topic, but does anyone know if BB is accepting returns today?
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1548 posts
563 upvotes
The Destroyer wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:25 pm
Sorry this is off topic, but does anyone know if BB is accepting returns today?
NO RETURNS on Nov 23 or Dec 26. It's on the back of the receipts since first week Nov.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2078 posts
289 upvotes
York
Netcruzer wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:36 pm
NO RETURNS on Nov 23 or Dec 26. It's on the back of the receipts since first week Nov.
Thanks, I've only bought online since then so I haven't gotten a physical receipt.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2073 posts
195 upvotes
Summerland
Zyphur wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:11 am
How is the Zotac 1070 trash?
Sep 14, 2015
169 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Any comments on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 for $329.99?

I would buy the iPad 32GB but i hate having to funnel everything through iTunes
original account: pureenergon

😕
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3468 posts
882 upvotes
Ottawa
pureenergon2 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 5:11 pm
Any comments on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 for $329.99?

I would buy the iPad 32GB but i hate having to funnel everything through iTunes
What are you using it for?. The iPad at the current price is infinitely better than other tablets in this price range
Sep 14, 2015
169 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
shadow_cruiser wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 5:49 pm
What are you using it for?. The iPad at the current price is infinitely better than other tablets in this price range
I agree as the iPad would be the best overall tablet.
I would use this future tablet to watch movies, netflix, some games, music.
What i like about Android is that i can download and copy mp3 and movies into the micro SD card. Where as i would have to pay for movie or songs in itunes. flexibility.
I also own a Note 8 so i am used to android.
original account: pureenergon

😕
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1635 posts
138 upvotes
onatrio
darn i see bestbuy has bitdefender total security for 29.99
bitdefender site has it for 22.49 canadian.....not sure if pyhsical copy like bestbuy...
ordered bestbuy bitdender total security this morning..now saw email from bitdefender site..what to do
...return bestbey when i get in mail ..or bitdefender site..anyone orderewd befor e of bitdefender site
thanks