Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

Best Buy's Black Friday 2019 Sale is Live

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 6:30 pm
Tags:
None
Member
Nov 25, 2006
369 posts
195 upvotes
KelZ99204 wrote: Yeah, I agree.. I think for these mid to lower tier models you have to sacrifice somewhere and most of the time it's the screen quality. I'm doing mostly photo editing and animation on Adobe so I don't think viewing angles would really affect it? I was hoping to play some games on low/medium quality on it as well so maybe this one might not be good.
I recommended this one to my brother based on the specs. The 'low-end' 1080p screen should be good enough for his more casual use.

I didn't know that laptops have different quality screens other than IPS vs. NON-IPS and glossy vs. matte finish as long as the screen resolution is the same. What other differences are there?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2533 posts
3974 upvotes
Smoothie wrote: Roku vs Fire stick 4K?
Using it for Netflix, plex, prime and Disney.
I would say to get the Fire tv stick. Roku has fallen behind in content for Canada. Last I checked, no CTV and no CraveTv apps were available on Roku.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2533 posts
3974 upvotes
Does anyone else find it odd that I don't recall a single mention of the front page Insignia 50" tv on the front page? It's not even mentioned in the first post of this thread.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2533 posts
3974 upvotes
ninjasmilez11 wrote: Can the Amazon fire stick which is gonna be $35 on BF cast your Apple and Android phone just like Chromecast? And also, is it mainly used by ppl for kodi?
Fire tv sticks don't support Chromecast. They only support Miracast (which I happen to prefer), although most phones no longer support that thanks to Google disabling it by default in Android.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2005
859 posts
227 upvotes
Anarchy wrote: Curious what your thoughts are on this:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... 0/13974641

I haven't been in the laptop market in a long time but I'm really looking for something fairly basic but will last me a long time. My Dell XPS tower died recently and I just need a personal computer. I have a work laptop I use most of the time but it has restrictions on what I can download, install etc. I can't even install my tax software lol.

I figure this laptop has an i5 processor equivalent (I think), ssd, good amount of ram. Screen isn't that important to me, I won't be using it to watch movies or anything. I have an Iphone 11 Pro, and an Ipad, so I really wont' be using my laptop for too much but basic things here and there.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
I can't really comment on Asus build quality, never owned one before outside of the original eeepc. so don't know how long it will last you. But assuming the parts used to put this thing together are decent, the specs should last you a good few years. between 12GB or RAM and 512GB SSD, it shouldn't be too shabby in the years to come. It's not as good as an i5, it comes underneath it. but if you're not doing anything too strenuous it should matter too much

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AM ... 3421vs3542


If you're using this for tax software and basic things (surfing the net, maybe some Office software), the specs are more than ok. maybe someone else who's bought an Asus in the past can vouch for the build quality. one thing about AMD is the battery life won't be as good as the Intel. Also, if you got an Intel w/ the latest 10th Gen, most of them come with WiFi6, which will future proof your laptop a bit more.
Member
Jun 8, 2019
244 posts
346 upvotes
The firestick 4k is over a year old now, is a new version coming out?
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
Member
Dec 19, 2007
274 posts
49 upvotes
porkchopbread wrote: I can't really comment on Asus build quality, never owned one before outside of the original eeepc. so don't know how long it will last you. But assuming the parts used to put this thing together are decent, the specs should last you a good few years. between 12GB or RAM and 512GB SSD, it shouldn't be too shabby in the years to come. It's not as good as an i5, it comes underneath it. but if you're not doing anything too strenuous it should matter too much

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AM ... 3421vs3542


If you're using this for tax software and basic things (surfing the net, maybe some Office software), the specs are more than ok. maybe someone else who's bought an Asus in the past can vouch for the build quality. one thing about AMD is the battery life won't be as good as the Intel. Also, if you got an Intel w/ the latest 10th Gen, most of them come with WiFi6, which will future proof your laptop a bit more.
Awesome thank you for your insight - it's much appreciated.
Newbie
May 4, 2011
37 posts
18 upvotes
Thoughts onthis laptop? looks like a decent deal.

HP 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Black (AMD Ryzen 5 3550H/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/Win 10)
$649.99AFTER SAVINGS
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2006
567 posts
90 upvotes
Just looking for an opinion. I have a $250 gift card for BB, so I'm looking there for a TV. As far as reading through this whole thread, it seems there isn't really anything of note on the less than $1000, 55"-65" TV front.

Is there anything that you would buy TV wise to get somewhat of a deal with the gift card?
Save for Boxing Day?

Thanks for any input
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 6, 2007
2137 posts
516 upvotes
Montreal
Is the air fryer at 169.99$ a historic low price? Gonna have to buy one as a Xmas gift if it's the case
Jr. Member
Nov 13, 2019
173 posts
278 upvotes
BillyH wrote: Just looking for an opinion. I have a $250 gift card for BB, so I'm looking there for a TV. As far as reading through this whole thread, it seems there isn't really anything of note on the less than $1000, 55"-65" TV front.

Is there anything that you would buy TV wise to get somewhat of a deal with the gift card?
Save for Boxing Day?

Thanks for any input

Personally I would use the gift card on something else. The only reasons I would buy a TV from BB is if it's OLED (since they have the only warranty that covers burn in), or if I was set on a specific model that Costco doesn't carry. Otherwise I'd always choose Costco for their 90 day return policy plus cheap 5 year extended warranty plus overall customer service. And you're not getting an OLED for <$1,000
Newbie
Jul 10, 2019
66 posts
21 upvotes
Markham
I don't know enough about laptops. How does the below deal stack up to the gaming laptops here? Not looking for the best there is.

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... 99ffcc61e2

ASUS Vivobook Pro Notebook 15.6'' FHD Intel Core i5-8300H GTX 1650, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD Windows 10

Going from 999.99 to 799.99 on Friday.
Ask not the penguin how the falcon soars!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6603 posts
2680 upvotes
Canada
mazman16 wrote: Thoughts onthis laptop? looks like a decent deal.

HP 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Black (AMD Ryzen 5 3550H/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/Win 10)
$649.99AFTER SAVINGS
Not bad at that price. 3GB graphics card is a little on the weaker side, but if you don't have any sort of gaming PC, this will run things at playable speeds.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 22, 2019
121 posts
186 upvotes
X-Nemesis wrote: Remember when black Friday actually had great deals?
Remember when we used to camp out at 5AM to get those amazing doorcrasher deals?

Top