Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Best Buy] Best Buy's Black Friday 2019 Sale is Live

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 6:30 pm
Nov 21, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
I have been on hold for 1 hour 6 minutes after they said about 42 minute wait. I'm surprised how many people are calling considering it's not a holiday today and most people probably work on Fridays. That or the call center is very understaffed today. I don't want to lose my spot but also don't want to wait and i don't trust their call back feature
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10773 posts
3325 upvotes
Sushi Roll wrote: I was pleasantly surprised. Got to a Best Buy at 6:10am today and was able to walk straight in. Got everything I wanted and left about 10 minutes later. Compared to other Black Fridays it wasn’t a zoo like previous years.
Same at 7am - grabbed the $199 Insignia. They had lots. No lines. Easy on my way to work.

My mom will be very happy!
Nov 21, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
I called bestbuy for a price drop and the call took an hour and 50 minutes. I was on hold for a hour and 43 minutes. The agent said she'll refund the difference and would escalate it to get the refund for the difference on the warranty. I'm glad I don't work for the call center that does Bestbuy anymore, especially since they're not getting holiday pay for today but will be getting significantly more calls and probably bitched at to make them as short as possible.
Jun 14, 2011
272 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Mrjollygreengiant wrote: I called bestbuy for a price drop and the call took an hour and 50 minutes. I was on hold for a hour and 43 minutes. The agent said she'll refund the difference and would escalate it to get the refund for the difference on the warranty. I'm glad I don't work for the call center that does Bestbuy anymore, especially since they're not getting holiday pay for today but will be getting significantly more calls and probably bitched at to make them as short as possible.
Last year, I bought a 4k monitor and gaming keyboard for about $600 total at BB. They both ended up significantly cheaper at Amazon. After about 10 mins on hold with BB while expecting Amazon to go OOS any second, I just ordered both items from Amazon. I waited for the BB shipment to arrive and then returned it to the store. In store, they asked why I didn't call customer service for a price adjustment. It took a great deal of self-control to calmly explain why to them.

I think someone high up at BB believes long hold times will make customers give up and pay the higher price. The reality is it will just drive more returns and lost business.
Oct 31, 2018
109 posts
193 upvotes
4330 Adelaide St Tor…
Counut wrote: HP 15.6" Laptop with Intel Core i5 Processor, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD and Windows 10 - $599.99 {formerly 899.99}

Is this good ?
Looks like a deal. Has anyone this laptop?
Lehmann L
Sep 18, 2014
37 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
Picked up 2 Amazon Echo Show gen 2 units today.
Originally 194.99 each, but when you buy 2 it dropped down to 162.49.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1875 posts
327 upvotes
Not getting an order confirmation via e-mail but it shows up on the website under 'order status' - strange.
Oct 13, 2005
269 posts
52 upvotes
North York
abstract808 wrote: Not getting an order confirmation via e-mail but it shows up on the website under 'order status' - strange.
I never got an order confirmation as well and my item just shipped. Strange.
Aug 9, 2018
89 posts
32 upvotes
The Picture of the TCL 6 Series looks confusing with respect to the legs/stand
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/tc ... a/13185855

While at Rtings it looks like this
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6 ... -r625-2019

Are these 2 the same TV?

PS: Got the answer - The one on sale is 2018 version, while Rtings is 2019 version. Both have same stand width at 57 inches. I will need to buy a new stand for this. Passing on it.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3643 posts
3236 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I got an email from Best Buy yesterday with a coupon for 15% off a toner/ink cartridge purchase as a "thank you for your printer purchase", and it's addressed to me by name.

I haven't bought a printer from Best Buy this decade.

There's no order under my account on the website so that's fine, but like...what?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2786 posts
1326 upvotes
Sudbury
Went to BestBuy yesterday.....didn't even buy anything...most things I picked up on Thursday online.

I asked a staff member for some help to locate something that said was in stock, he told me "If you can't find it....neither can I". Awesome customer service!....so I ordered online from Amazon and will be here tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1014 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa
hi-tech wrote: Picked up the Onkyo NR787. Same price as the U.S. right now and an awesome receiver!
Would you say this is one of the best deals for receivers this weekend? I'm just looking for something for a 5.1 on my main floor with possible expansion