[Best Buy] Best Buy's Black Friday 2019 Sale is Live

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 6:30 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3621 posts
3221 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
kanewtz wrote: Went to BestBuy yesterday.....didn't even buy anything...most things I picked up on Thursday online.

I asked a staff member for some help to locate something that said was in stock, he told me "If you can't find it....neither can I". Awesome customer service!....so I ordered online from Amazon and will be here tomorrow.
He's not lying though. Their inventory system is garbage. It doesn't differentiate between what's actually out on the floor and what could be in the backroom, plus they make so many random bulk outs without telling anyone in the home department that it's there that you're legitimately better off just circling the store yourself.
Feb 17, 2005
826 posts
212 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: He's not lying though. Their inventory system is garbage. It doesn't differentiate between what's actually out on the floor and what could be in the backroom, plus they make so many random bulk outs without telling anyone in the home department that it's there that you're legitimately better off just circling the store yourself.
Random bulkouts, haha, yes! So random

Looking at computers and there’s like a dyson vacuum bulk out. Then one time they had lightning cables baskets outside google home minis and smart home stuff. The alignment could be so much better
Jun 14, 2011
270 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
kanewtz wrote: Went to BestBuy yesterday.....didn't even buy anything...most things I picked up on Thursday online.

I asked a staff member for some help to locate something that said was in stock, he told me "If you can't find it....neither can I". Awesome customer service!....so I ordered online from Amazon and will be here tomorrow.
That sounds like my story from best buy on a normal non-busy day in the summer when there were maybe 5 customers in the store. The person suggested I order on line. So I did, from Amazon where the price was cheaper and prime meant I had it in-hand the next day. Then I contacted their district manager who acted very concerned, said they'd look into it and get back to me. And that was the last I ever heard from them.

All these brick and mortar stores complain about Amazon and act like the in-person experience is worth some extra cost. But when it's just so much more pleasant a shopping experience from Amazon, why would anyone pay more to go in person? And Amazon hardly has stellar customer service, so it's such a low bar and they're they're still winning.
Jan 21, 2017
794 posts
250 upvotes
Anyone knows any router in sale? Looking to upgrade the WiFi at home :)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3621 posts
3221 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Oracle1729 wrote: That sounds like my story from best buy on a normal non-busy day in the summer when there were maybe 5 customers in the store. The person suggested I order on line. So I did, from Amazon where the price was cheaper and prime meant I had it in-hand the next day. Then I contacted their district manager who acted very concerned, said they'd look into it and get back to me. And that was the last I ever heard from them.

All these brick and mortar stores complain about Amazon and act like the in-person experience is worth some extra cost. But when it's just so much more pleasant a shopping experience from Amazon, why would anyone pay more to go in person? And Amazon hardly has stellar customer service, so it's such a low bar and they're they're still winning.
At the end of the day, no matter what they say, they have a much larger preference for employees that can sell their Geek Squad plans than anything else. It's honestly a joke.
Jun 4, 2009
97 posts
15 upvotes
I assume like most retailers, Best Buy often ships bundled items separately?

Ordered three items, and I have received one of them. The only thing that concerns me is the shipment status on Best Buys website says "shipment 1 of 1".
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1315 posts
412 upvotes
Winnipeg
I freaking order a single item from best buy after 3 years and this is what I get.. wtf...and yet called Black Friday lol...

"Thanks for placing a backorder request for Dell 24" 60Hz 2ms LED Gaming Monitor (SE2417HGR) - Black. We're sending you this message to let you know what will happen next.

As soon as more inventory is available we'll ship it out to you and notify you via email so you'll know it's coming. We'll make sure to provide an update by December 09, 2019, and you can find the most up-to-date information on your order through your Order Status page.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for choosing Best Buy!

The Best Buy Team"
Dec 2, 2019
1 posts
shampygarg wrote: I freaking order a single item from best buy after 3 years and this is what I get.. wtf...and yet called Black Friday lol...

"Thanks for placing a backorder request for Dell 24" 60Hz 2ms LED Gaming Monitor (SE2417HGR) - Black. We're sending you this message to let you know what will happen next.

As soon as more inventory is available we'll ship it out to you and notify you via email so you'll know it's coming. We'll make sure to provide an update by December 09, 2019, and you can find the most up-to-date information on your order through your Order Status page.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for choosing Best Buy!

The Best Buy Team"
Got my thank you for my patience email today also. The laptop I purchased has vanished into the Best Buy inventory system ether. This would have been helpful info on Saturday the 30th, so I could have bought something else, from somewhere else on Monday.

"We're sorry, but we're currently out of inventory so we've backordered this product. We're doing everything we can to get more stock as soon as possible, and we'll give you an update by December 10, 2019.

Again, we apologize for this and appreciate your patience.

Thanks for choosing Best Buy,

The Best Buy Team"
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
Looks like they over sold and now can't fulfil the orders in time. Sounds to me like an exec upstairs made the decision to sell as much as they can and worry about fulfillment issues later. Even with the higher number of cancellations most will wait it out to get what they consider to be a "deal".