Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Best Buy's Boxing Day 2018 Sale is Now Live!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 2:04 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4371 posts
6938 upvotes
Big YMMV of course, but I was able to do this, this morning when Best Buy was sold out online.

The Source price matched for me. I asked nicely and the guy said he needed to see stock, which of course showed sold out online. It doesn't show numbers for in store, since it's a BD sale. I mentioned that the sale goes on until Dec 31st, and he agreed to PM it. So if stock disappears online again, maybe give the source a shot.

Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
Calmuser wrote: Octopath Traveler is back in stock online!

Hurry :)
I was just at the best buy at yonge and eglinton and they had a ton of display boxes available for octopath(More than 20). I dont know if they correspond to the actual stock they have available in the cages like they used to in the past but if anyone is interested in grabbing one, I was there around 3pm. Call ahead to confirm. Free parking on the streets too since it isnt enforced today.
Nov 22, 2007
878 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
I did indeed. Their iPad line up is confusing now.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1250 posts
1202 upvotes
Ottawa
Calmuser wrote: Octopath Traveler is back in stock online!

Hurry :)
Missed it again. Here's hoping it pops up tomorrow. Would prefer to pick up in-store at Warden and Eglinton tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2927 posts
334 upvotes
Nations Capital
SynGamer wrote: Missed it again. Here's hoping it pops up tomorrow. Would prefer to pick up in-store at Warden and Eglinton tomorrow.
If it's not in stock locally. Do what I did, keep refreshing the page everytime you think of it. I kept doing it and I guess I got lucky :)
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Oct 11, 2007
343 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
What's a better deal, the WD element 3TB for 89$ or the WD My book 4TB for 109$?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1250 posts
1202 upvotes
Ottawa
Calmuser wrote: If it's not in stock locally. Do what I did, keep refreshing the page everytime you think of it. I kept doing it and I guess I got lucky :)
Are there certain times throughout the day when they update the website?

EDIT: It's available as of 5:22 am, good luck! Just got my order in.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2927 posts
334 upvotes
Nations Capital
SynGamer wrote: Are there certain times throughout the day when they update the website?

EDIT: It's available as of 5:22 am, good luck! Just got my order in.
Glad to see you got one!

But no there was no specific time. I just kept refreshing every time I walked past the computer room, and I guess I got lucky it turned out in-stock 1 of those times :)
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Apr 13, 2016
166 posts
30 upvotes
Howdy
I am looking at the Samsung HDR 4K at best buy, 50 in as that is as big as I can go in the bedroom.523 seems fair and I have a 150 card from a cell phone purchase.
Any thoughts?
I know it is cheap, but any reason why I should not grab it?
Thanks Gurus
Oct 23, 2012
434 posts
213 upvotes
Brampton
I hope they restock on Octopath because I missed out on it twice
Sep 25, 2009
126 posts
48 upvotes
For anyone who missed out on Octopath, I just successfully price matched it in store at Walmart despite BB online and in store being completely out of stock (they didn’t ask or check, just looked at the flyer)
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1959 posts
424 upvotes
Halifax
Yup, managed to price match the last PS4 Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold edition Steelbook for 50 bucks by showing Best Buy link on app to Walmart at electronics section, no lineup
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Oct 23, 2012
434 posts
213 upvotes
Brampton
th0rbahn wrote: For anyone who missed out on Octopath, I just successfully price matched it in store at Walmart despite BB online and in store being completely out of stock (they didn’t ask or check, just looked at the flyer)
in store or online?
Oct 4, 2008
792 posts
314 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
Went to get the Canon SX540 HS for $59.97, the guy there said he’s not going to match that price, so I replied, what match? This is best buy’s flyer!
https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cano ... d/11580035

He said he never heard of that deal and besides they have no stock anyway. He said, why don’t you pay 5x more for the same thing, which they do have stock on? I’m like, are you daft? Walked out.

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cano ... k/13013112

So.. awhile later, my dad and I are at Staples (32 ave ne location, Calgary) and here’s the same camera! So, realizing that they claim to offer price match, I ask if they are willing to match the Best Buy deal. They go back and forth amongst themselves and come back, “Yes, we will. Except we have no stock. We only have the demo camera, which we won’t sell.”
Ok, well how about bringing one in? No, no. But you know what, the guy says, how about the other store downtown? They have stock.

So I reply, ok, but do you mind calling, confirm they have the right one, and have them set it aside? Sure thing! Quick phone call later, it’s all ready for you, just ask at the cash register.

So this is a long way away, all the way at 9 ave and 12 street SW, Calgary, the opposite side of the city and the opposite side of downtown, but we go there on the assurance, they will honour the price match. You can probably guess what was really going to happen...

So we drive clear across town, arrive, ask at the register, Yes we have the camera saved for you! The Canon SX540 HS. 5 seconds later it’s rung up, $299.99. So I point out, well the thing is, we were promised price match at the $59.97 price as advertised on this flyer here, which I provide. Massive problem. Ok need to retreat to customer service counter in the back.
The lady makes phone calls, checks her terminal, consults all the other sales staff, then eventually calls us back to the counter.
“Let me explain to you,” she starts. There are two Canon SX540 HS cameras for sale, which are not interchangeable. Unfortunately I have the flyer for the model which Staples doesn’t have. I’m like, there are two kinds of Canon SX540 HS? What’s the difference?
Well there’s no difference, but Staples only has the $299.99 “version” and isn’t going to price match the $59.97 version. Their price match policy doesn’t obligate them to price match the exact same item so long as they can find any insignificant difference. So I’m like, why was I promised this deal if I would drive across town, so I do drive across town, and now that I’ve done that, you’re not going to honour your commitment?
So she says, look, I will try to explain One More Time, in the most patronizing manner possible, and I’m like, NO. I will explain to You. Your price match policy is phony, your commitment is meaningless, and I have no interest in dealing with you people. You can take your Canon SX540 HS, whichever the hell damn version you happen to carry, and you can jolly well cram it somewhere you find least convenient for you, because now I’m not gonna buy Anything from you bunch of Christmas Crooks. End of story, bye bye forever.
Walked out, head held high.
-
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
that's bizarre for there to be two 'versions' of the same product with the same model number and that much of a price difference.

Unfortunately, sounds like the guy at the first Staples is the one that dropped the ball and deserved the tongue lashing, though.
Jan 18, 2013
639 posts
259 upvotes
Calgary
Grunchy wrote: Went to get the Canon SX540 HS for $59.97, the guy there said he’s not going to match that price, so I replied, what match? This is best buy’s flyer!
https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cano ... d/11580035

He said he never heard of that deal and besides they have no stock anyway. He said, why don’t you pay 5x more for the same thing, which they do have stock on? I’m like, are you daft? Walked out.

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cano ... k/13013112

So.. awhile later, my dad and I are at Staples (32 ave ne location, Calgary) and here’s the same camera! So, realizing that they claim to offer price match, I ask if they are willing to match the Best Buy deal. They go back and forth amongst themselves and come back, “Yes, we will. Except we have no stock. We only have the demo camera, which we won’t sell.”
Ok, well how about bringing one in? No, no. But you know what, the guy says, how about the other store downtown? They have stock.

So I reply, ok, but do you mind calling, confirm they have the right one, and have them set it aside? Sure thing! Quick phone call later, it’s all ready for you, just ask at the cash register.

So this is a long way away, all the way at 9 ave and 12 street SW, Calgary, the opposite side of the city and the opposite side of downtown, but we go there on the assurance, they will honour the price match. You can probably guess what was really going to happen...

So we drive clear across town, arrive, ask at the register, Yes we have the camera saved for you! The Canon SX540 HS. 5 seconds later it’s rung up, $299.99. So I point out, well the thing is, we were promised price match at the $59.97 price as advertised on this flyer here, which I provide. Massive problem. Ok need to retreat to customer service counter in the back.
The lady makes phone calls, checks her terminal, consults all the other sales staff, then eventually calls us back to the counter.
“Let me explain to you,” she starts. There are two Canon SX540 HS cameras for sale, which are not interchangeable. Unfortunately I have the flyer for the model which Staples doesn’t have. I’m like, there are two kinds of Canon SX540 HS? What’s the difference?
Well there’s no difference, but Staples only has the $299.99 “version” and isn’t going to price match the $59.97 version. Their price match policy doesn’t obligate them to price match the exact same item so long as they can find any insignificant difference. So I’m like, why was I promised this deal if I would drive across town, so I do drive across town, and now that I’ve done that, you’re not going to honour your commitment?
So she says, look, I will try to explain One More Time, in the most patronizing manner possible, and I’m like, NO. I will explain to You. Your price match policy is phony, your commitment is meaningless, and I have no interest in dealing with you people. You can take your Canon SX540 HS, whichever the hell damn version you happen to carry, and you can jolly well cram it somewhere you find least convenient for you, because now I’m not gonna buy Anything from you bunch of Christmas Crooks. End of story, bye bye forever.
Walked out, head held high.
kamascottra wrote: that's bizarre for there to be two 'versions' of the same product with the same model number and that much of a price difference.

Unfortunately, sounds like the guy at the first Staples is the one that dropped the ball and deserved the tongue lashing, though.
The model numbers for the 2 packages are different on BB website. One ends in 20 the other ends in 26.

And you wouldn't have been able to PM Staples since they don't have the package anyways.

This is the one on Staples website.
https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cano ... 1/10406701

But yeah, the guy at the first Staples should get the lashing and not the 2nd lady. A $400 camera for $60 is too good to be true.

Also, if the PM is below cost, they'll most likely decline it. Losing money on a sale vs losing a customer makes no difference to them.

I guess next time if you get lucky with a particular CSR, deal with them rather than chancing with another CSR - especially if it's an item heavily discounted.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone getting the Surface Book 2? There were no discounts on Black Friday and the $250 discount is more than the 10% student discount so it seems like a good deal...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)