Boxing Day 2018 Deals

Best Buy's Boxing Day 2018 Sale is Now Live!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 2:04 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 22, 2007
825 posts
68 upvotes
Was going to purchase the iPad mini 4 for my nephews but all sold out;;
Apr 9, 2008
293 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Octopath Traveler sold out at Best Buy Kanata when I got there around 6:15AM,
Jul 4, 2017
160 posts
172 upvotes
Xombie37 wrote: Any recommendations on a 2TB hard drive? It’ll be used as an external hard drive for my PS4.

I’ve heard that I should buy WD over Seagate, if possible. It would appear that the cheapest on sale is $99.99. I stumbled upon a similar WD My Passport 2TB on eBay (newegg) for $86.99. I don’t know if that’s a decent price or not though.
WD and Seagate are both reliable. Along with Samsung. Can't go wrong with either. Just pick the color and price you like. NEVER buy toshiba, or any other random brand. Stick to these three always for portable hard drives.

I personally prefer the seagate because it comes with free MAC NTFS drivers, and the recent WD refreshes with the sharp edges, feel so cheap.
Jul 4, 2017
160 posts
172 upvotes
Nintendo Pro Controllers At Best Buy:

I just came from the North York store in Toronto when it opened. They did not have them on the floor or in the cages, so I thought they were never in stock. Went to checkout for something else and saw a sales associate bring them from a backroom and placed them behind the cashier. So if your bestbuy is like this, try the cashier if you are looking for these controllers.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2916 posts
414 upvotes
Pickering
Cooldeal75 wrote: Staples has a 27” MSI 144Hz for $279.. that is a pretty good price too..
That's a better deal for sure, unfortunately I can't fit it within the hutch I have on my massive computer desk, otherwise I would've.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12149 posts
1729 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
michaelthebear wrote: NEVER buy toshiba, or any other random brand.
I've seen Toshiba 2.5" HDDs since the late 90s, so I would hardly call them a random brand. I don't recall them being sold retail back then, but they, along with IBM, were pretty common in notebooks back then.
Feb 14, 2015
6 posts
Anyone know if anyone (Walmart) will price match assasins creed odyssey? Everywhere else has it for 40 bucks, would just order online but bestbuy wants 7 bucks shipping. Thanks!
Jun 29, 2016
780 posts
347 upvotes
michaelthebear wrote: NEVER buy toshiba,
Wow I feel old. I still have a Toshiba satellite laptop after 8-9 years still holds a 1h charge and has the original HDD going strong.
Jul 4, 2017
160 posts
172 upvotes
rabbit wrote: I've seen Toshiba 2.5" HDDs since the late 90s, so I would hardly call them a random brand. I don't recall them being sold retail back then, but they, along with IBM, were pretty common in notebooks back then.
The guy asked about external drives. My experience is only comparing Toshiba, Hitachi, Seagate, LaCie and Western Digital external drives, over the last 10 years. In the last 5, I've had 2 toshiba and 2 hitachi's fail completely. I've had write errors with Seagate and WD, but not complete failures, and warranty has been easy to deal with.
Mar 26, 2007
159 posts
52 upvotes
For those that wanted Octopath Traveler for the Switch, try your local Best Buy in-store and ask the store rep or cashier. I found a case with a "Bring this to the cashier" type of label on the shelf and bought a copy this way.

When I got to the front cash, the lady threw the case into a basket which held some "scrap" items and went to the backroom to retrieve a copy of the game. Because it was the last box on the shelf, I asked if that was the last copy, and she shook her head. She didn't seem particularly friendly so I didn't pursue it further to ask how many were left. YMMV. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4476 posts
1258 upvotes
Ottawa
michaelthebear wrote: The guy asked about external drives. My experience is only comparing Toshiba, Hitachi, Seagate, LaCie and Western Digital external drives, over the last 10 years. In the last 5, I've had 2 toshiba and 2 hitachi's fail completely. I've had write errors with Seagate and WD, but not complete failures, and warranty has been easy to deal with.
It’s funny, I have tons of HDDS, none of them is WD, the only one I ordered on BF from the source, they cancelled my order. WD doesn’t have good sale price.
Nov 19, 2017
715 posts
1700 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up Ass Creed and Crew 2 in the morning.
Oct 24, 2011
686 posts
556 upvotes
SURREY
thl0103 wrote: Was going to purchase the iPad mini 4 for my nephews but all sold out;;
You're in luck then. Outdated and overpriced tech. Don't know how Apple is still offering it at that price. The latest regular iPad is the way to go.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Nov 19, 2017
715 posts
1700 upvotes
Toronto
thl0103 wrote: Was going to purchase the iPad mini 4 for my nephews but all sold out;;
Spend the extra $80 and get the latest generation iPad 9.7" 128gb for $469.99. Its much better value than the mini 4 which is 3.5 years old now.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2559 posts
1525 upvotes
Parksville, BC
michaelthebear wrote: The guy asked about external drives. My experience is only comparing Toshiba, Hitachi, Seagate, LaCie and Western Digital external drives, over the last 10 years. In the last 5, I've had 2 toshiba and 2 hitachi's fail completely. I've had write errors with Seagate and WD, but not complete failures, and warranty has been easy to deal with.
Hitachi is owned by WD now. Backblaze gives good marks for both Toshiba and Hitachi since 2012 when Toshiba bought the production assets from Hitachi. So in essence, since 2012, all Hitachi's are WD and all Toshiba's are Hitachi's.