Boxing Day 2019 Deals

[Best Buy] Best Buy's Boxing Day 2019 Sale is Live -- Shop Now!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2019 12:27 am
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2077 posts
1990 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mrtvgame wrote: I don't get it. What are you even doing here? What necessitates lining up that you could not already have gotten a) since Black Friday or b) online last night?
Reliving the good ol' days..
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12197 posts
1694 upvotes
Kanata
bobbings wrote: How’s the Echo Show 5? Good?
Same price pretty much everywhere. It's not bad, use it mostly for skype and other small things that I would use an echo for. Haven't found too much use for the screen otherwise but will try to use it more in the next few days.
Don't use it for music, I have Echo 3rd gen's for that.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3883 posts
1294 upvotes
Ajax
Ecsta wrote: Reliving the good ol' days..
Ok. I'll give you that. This is the first Boxing Day that I have not myself been out there early just for the sake of doing it to buy something I didn't really need. An era comes to an end.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1713 posts
1074 upvotes
Calgary
bobbings wrote: How’s the Echo Show 5? Good?
I have a few Echo Dots, an Echo gen 2, and two with screens (Spot and Show 5). We find the microphones on the two with screens are nowhere near as good as the audio only Echos (especially the Echo gen 2). The ones with screens are better for smaller rooms - they often didn’t hear us right when talking from across a room compared to the audio only ones which usually do.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2077 posts
1990 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mrtvgame wrote: Ok. I'll give you that. This is the first Boxing Day that I have not myself been out there early just for the sake of doing it to buy something I didn't really need. An era comes to an end.
Face With Tears Of Joy Just teasing.. I remember I used to line up every time a PlayStation was released. Nowadays it’s all online and I get to sleep in.
Dec 18, 2008
357 posts
171 upvotes
So I saw the news about people lining up at STC best buy at 3am. I really don't understand why
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1284 posts
1157 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: Reliving the good ol' days..
Those days were neither good (lol @ no online shopping) or old (less than 15 years ago)
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40768 posts
6258 upvotes
Does Best Buy accept trade ins for iPads today? To be used towards the purchase of a new iPad?
Proud to be an Indian.
2028 posts
667 upvotes
EDMONTON
I couldn't sleep so I just watched YouTube until 6am and drive 5min to the downtown best buy. It wasn't even that busy lol

I picked up the Samsung 49" 4k TV to replace my 10+ year old 3D TV
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40768 posts
6258 upvotes
Picked up the iPad at Aurora BB and they are not accepting Trade ins for older iPads today. Told back to come tomorrow for a return/rebuy.
Proud to be an Indian.
3008 posts
2608 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Heck lining up with my son or by myself was just fine. Alway found good conversation. I even ended up in the local paper with a few others over lining up at Best Buy for Boxing Day. LOL!

... and people now love online shopping .... /rolls eyes

Thanks for killing the fun.
Back in 2009, the local paper put up a story in the middle of the day on their website and highlighted a guy who had been first in line at one of the Visions here by lining up at 6 pm on Christmas Day Eve (so 12 hours before it opened), for a 46" Sony HDTV that was on sale for like $700 or something.

I had woken up at 5:30 am on Boxing Day, driven to that same Visions, gotten in line at like 5:50 am, and got the same TV.

That was the first and last time I ever did the line up on Boxing Day (in large part because starting next year I worked every single one for 6 straight years >_>)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3008 posts
2608 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Also Best Buy should really start considering either ridiculously lowering or outright axing the free shipping threshold during these sales. If Cabela's can run like 20 free shipping events per year with what I know is for sure a worse deal with Canada Post and UPS then there's absolutely no reason Best Buy can't other than greed, and for Cabela's this includes eating the shipping cost on guns which can be $50-$60 alone.

There's literally one thing I want, but it's $18.99 so it doesn't meet the requirements for free shipping, I have no interest in going to the store without knowing if they have it (and only one is within a reasonable distance anyways), and I'm absolutely not ordering 2 of them and having to go return the extra copy because it's going to be nuts until like mid-January and they have no idea how to staff their front end to save their lives.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1175 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote: Also Best Buy should really start considering either ridiculously lowering or outright axing the free shipping threshold during these sales. If Cabela's can run like 20 free shipping events per year with what I know is for sure a worse deal with Canada Post and UPS then there's absolutely no reason Best Buy can't other than greed, and for Cabela's this includes eating the shipping cost on guns which can be $50-$60 alone.

There's literally one thing I want, but it's $18.99 so it doesn't meet the requirements for free shipping, I have no interest in going to the store without knowing if they have it (and only one is within a reasonable distance anyways), and I'm absolutely not ordering 2 of them and having to go return the extra copy because it's going to be nuts until like mid-January and they have no idea how to staff their front end to save their lives.
The same can be said for the monster that Amazon is.