[Best Buy] [Bestbuy.ca] Canon PIXMA G1200 MegaTank Inkjet Printer - $139.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2019 6:26 am
[OP]
Mar 12, 2019
1 posts
2 upvotes

[Best Buy] [Bestbuy.ca] Canon PIXMA G1200 MegaTank Inkjet Printer - $139.99

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ca ... 21233.aspx?

Im not sure if its a good deal or not. It comes with ink already. I think this model is year 2017.
Current Prices:
Amazon.ca / Walmart : $299.98
Staples : 303.99
Canon.ca : 249.99

I've been using Canon MG5620 and MX922 for awhile now and i saved alot of money by buying bulk ink for really cheap price.
But now my MG5620 doesn't work anymore probably abused with many printing and i used it before for photobooth so i print lots of 4x6 photo papers. So its worth my money.
But now i can't find canon printer that uses the same ink 250 and 251 so i have to find new printer and the latest mode of canon uses 270 271 and the alternative ink are stil expensive compare to what i used before so i decided to buy new printer.
Images
  • canon printer.JPG
  • order summary.JPG
1 reply
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1779 posts
678 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Thought about it but, no. The deciding factor for me was:

Connectivity
Type of Interface USB
Wireless Network Connectivity No
AirPrint Support No
Print Via Email No

I don't even use USB cables for printers sitting next to the computer anymore. It is just too much of a pain as soon as someone else in the house wants to print. The first time I looked an this printer it was $299. And the technical specifications match that of a typical $99 printer, besides the ink tanks. And most printers you can upgrade the ink tanks with kits from e-bay. The huge pain in my last few inkjet printers has been clogged heads... Sadly, though inkjet is still best if you want to print photos.

I would say at this price, it seems like a good deal, if you need a wired printer. You can always convert it into a wireless printer with an old router and supporting firmware. But again, I find that solution is also a pain in the neck.