Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

BestBuy.ca: Xbox One / PS4 Rocket Arena Mythic Edition - 9.99$?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 9:57 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
13776 posts
183171 upvotes
Montreal

[Best Buy] BestBuy.ca: Xbox One / PS4 Rocket Arena Mythic Edition - 9.99$?

Hi there,

I don't know... Price error? In-Store pickup only...
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ro ... 4/14701246
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ro ... e/14701245

Amazon.ca got it only for the Xbox One, backordered..
https://www.amazon.ca/Rocket-Arena-Myth ... 08CB9ZNQL/

Note that this game is online only...

Ju Leon...
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5621 posts
2684 upvotes
Toronto
Feels like a game that's destined to become free to play eventually...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Dec 23, 2006
289 posts
62 upvotes
Don't see any reviews, looks like a fortnite type? Buy now think later I guess.
Jun 15, 2020
344 posts
403 upvotes
Ontario
Buying a not-so-popular online-only multiplayer game at the end of a Console's lifecycle probably isn't a good idea. The game will become useless in a few months if people just stop playing the game, and may literally become useless in a few years when the game has it's servers shut down. Not even worth the $10 IMO.

Saying this as someone who bought Battleborn at sticker price :(
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
2070 posts
4711 upvotes
I check for gaming news almost religiously, never heard of this before. Great discount but ill pass.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7350 posts
8021 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
lol I was just looking at this, they've marked it down to $9.99 in the US as well (although there it's only $39.99 regular).

Judging by Stocktrack they sold almost no copies at full-price so they probably worked out a deal with EA to get it out of the stores already.
May 16, 2011
30 posts
28 upvotes
Aurora
MrBear2019 wrote: Buying a not-so-popular online-only multiplayer game at the end of a Console's lifecycle probably isn't a good idea. The game will become useless in a few months if people just stop playing the game, and may literally become useless in a few years when the game has it's servers shut down. Not even worth the $10 IMO.

Saying this as someone who bought Battleborn at sticker price :(
I get what you're saying about the population base of the game potentially dwindling quickly, but not about the end of a console's lifecycle. Both the Xbox Series X and PS5 are backwards compatible with all Xbox One games and all PS4 games respectively. Microsoft and Sony know people have large libraries of games that they know people want to carry forward into the latest cycle of consoles.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1047 posts
1088 upvotes
Agreed with a lot of the comments here. likely not a price error but rather a game with a very low username they're probably trying to revive some interest in. Real risk of servers going offline in a few months... have experienced this myself before. Sometimes you discover a really great game/with potential at end-of-life. Sad but fun while it lasts and usually at a discount. I miss my Earth & Beyond (Westwood Studios online Space MMORPG ) :(
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2009
1109 posts
239 upvotes
ottawa
I read somewhere that its going free to play at some point soon.
A flash of confidence and brilliance is quickly lost in a pool of blood.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
3050 posts
608 upvotes
Ottawa
baconape wrote: I read somewhere that its going free to play at some point soon.
Game was originally designed for ftp, but was purchased and now sold for $40. So was designed for ftp, when it doesn't catch on because of the pay wall I'm sure it will eventually return to ftp
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2779 posts
4882 upvotes
Toronto
F2P model. Under 10 GB,

Got it for free, the fun only last 2-3 hours. Wait for F2P....the online will probably die in months.
Jun 15, 2020
344 posts
403 upvotes
Ontario
DjDATZ wrote: I get what you're saying about the population base of the game potentially dwindling quickly, but not about the end of a console's lifecycle. Both the Xbox Series X and PS5 are backwards compatible with all Xbox One games and all PS4 games respectively. Microsoft and Sony know people have large libraries of games that they know people want to carry forward into the latest cycle of consoles.
I was actually about to not include that phrase, because I agree that the "end" of this gen isn't going to be like the end of previous generations, and game support will continue for a lot longer than it did for the 360 and PS3. I still think that the new generation of consoles will impact games launching towards the end of the figurative life-cycle, especially if it isn't guaranteed that all games would be backwards compatible. Sony, AFAIK, has only promised backwards compatibility for "at least 100+ popular games" which this probably does not come under.
Jan 26, 2012
314 posts
518 upvotes
Quebec
"End of console cycle"

Do any of you seriously see yourself buying into next-gen and not playing any PS4 stuff any time soon?

I seriously feel no urge whatsoever to upgrade
Jun 28, 2013
385 posts
126 upvotes
The Moon
Same price at EB and Walmart, Walmart has it online, EB is instore
Mar 3, 2017
486 posts
264 upvotes
Woodstock
A buddy of mine in the US bought this for $10, brought it home, and the disc didn’t seem to read in his console. He returned it, got a different copy - same thing. Eventually he got in touch with the devs on their discord and they did some troubleshooting with him but still couldn’t get it to work, so they gave him a code for digital download to remedy the situation and a SECOND CODE to give to a friend (me). If anyone else has that issue, try reaching out to the devs because they seem like solid people who just want to have their game out there and played. It plays a bit like a 3-dimensional Smash Bros.