493 upvotes

[Best Buy] Bitdefender Family Pack Bonus Edition - 15 users 2 year $39.99

18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6468 posts
6458 upvotes
Downtown Canada
This used to be my go to security suite, but constant pop ups to buy their stupid VPN service and to renew killed it for me.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3372 posts
3930 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: This used to be my go to security suite, but constant pop ups to buy their stupid VPN service and to renew killed it for me.
But doesn't norton do the same thing with their annoying popups too? However, I think I did disable most of them...
Jun 4, 2011
18 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
There is a setting to turn that off.

Open dashboard => settings => general => turn off special offers
Jun 26, 2009
749 posts
305 upvotes
Calgary
it's pretty decent suite, give you parent controls on devices, and weekly reports, remote locate, etc. 15 devices for 2 years is pretty good.. I wonder if I could stack up to my current subscription...
Feb 25, 2015
319 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal, QC
What's the advantage of Bitdefender over Windows defender included in Windows?
I believe it will slow down the computer
Feb 25, 2015
952 posts
1161 upvotes
NB
There's a 6 month trial link on a German website, use a new email alias to reactivate, rinse, repeat
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4486 posts
1241 upvotes
Charlottetown
Good deal (OP thanked). I've had Bitdefender for a couple of years now, it's good, but is hard on resources. It works fine on my main laptop with 12 GB RAM, but on my lighter notebooks with say 2 or 4GB RAM i use for just surfing, i definitely notice the slowdown, for them NOD32 works well.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4408 posts
1947 upvotes
Parry Sound
LOL AV companies are getting desperate Face With Tears Of Joy

99.999% of people will be fine with Microsoft or Apple's built-in security and an adblocker on their browser.

Third-party antivirus software has almost zero benefit to a consumer nowadays. It still has its place in business but not for the average user.

I mean, unless you enjoy having a resource intensive data mining program on your computer for absolutely no reason.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
21264 posts
9666 upvotes
Toronto
I simply use the bit defender free edition. It's does the job.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1397 posts
2181 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: LOL AV companies are getting desperate Face With Tears Of Joy

99.999% of people will be fine with Microsoft or Apple's built-in security and an adblocker on their browser.

Third-party antivirus software has almost zero benefit to a consumer nowadays. It still has its place in business but not for the average user.

I mean, unless you enjoy having a resource intensive data mining program on your computer for absolutely no reason.
They have these sales every couple months for years now. Just a case of inflated msrp.

Bitdefender still has one of the most comprehensive and updated virus/malware database compared to Windows defender. Also there're some useful features like parental controls, better web protection, webcam/mic monitoring.

You're being data mined no matter what, just a question of who. Windows, browsers, adblockers, antivirus programs etc are all doing it. Adblockers are even sketchier than Bitdefender.

But anyway I'd say $20/year for up to 15 devices is a good deal for those extra benefits.
Jul 18, 2017
62 posts
89 upvotes
What I like about Bitdefender is the app lock feature. So if my son (or my wife ;-)) takes my phone I can be sure my apps are safe.... from prying eyes. Lol
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3372 posts
3930 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: LOL AV companies are getting desperate Face With Tears Of Joy

Windows defender detection rates are lower than the leading antivirus, Norton and bitdefender.

These days if you actually get a virus, you practically end up reformatting since complete removal is very difficult. Prevention from infection is the only way.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4408 posts
1947 upvotes
Parry Sound
renegadeavenger wrote: Windows defender detection rates are lower than the leading antivirus, Norton and bitdefender.

These days if you actually get a virus, you practically end up reformatting since complete removal is very difficult. Prevention from infection is the only way.
https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/r ... factsheet/

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/m ... arch-2021/

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/r ... -may-2021/

Stop living in fear. You'll be fine. Knowing how to use a computer will get you much further than any AV will.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1304 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
SideFFect26 wrote: Time to come together boys!
15 of us means $2.67 each
you can literally dox someone with this program. it gives location data on the website.
Jun 11, 2014
3 posts
3 upvotes
Laval, QC
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Stop living in fear. You'll be fine. Knowing how to use a computer will get you much further than any AV will.
I know how to use a computer but I just don't trusting my family members ;-)
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1262 posts
913 upvotes
I know the deal is over now, but would this price carry over after 2 years?

I'm currently on subscription at about $20 a year too but only for 5 users. Upping the count would be nice the next time it goes on sale.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product