• Aug 28th, 2017 10:28 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6086 posts
3919 upvotes

[Best Buy] Bitdefender Total Security 2017 - 5 User, 3 Years - $59.99

Works out to be $20/year.
Last edited by 9394 on May 12th, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
37 replies
Feb 8, 2010
316 posts
246 upvotes
The only use is to slow down your android phone.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5382 posts
1989 upvotes
Canuckland
billy_z wrote: The only use is to slow down your android phone.
This is for computers not phones
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1102 posts
199 upvotes
Bought this the last time it was on sale and been running it for 6 months, so far very happy with it and would recommend.

Also, one of the devices you can use a license on is a phone. Although, agreed, it's mainly meant as a PC program.
Oct 18, 2016
140 posts
246 upvotes
Got this during the humble bundle deal, have to say I don't like it.
If my computer is on for more than an hour it stops working telling me that bitdefender has stopped working and I need to restart my computer because something went wrong.

The shredder and vulnerability scanner are useful, but the program in general is sub-par compared to other cheaper AV out there.

Even prefer Mcaffee over this version.
Sep 10, 2014
145 posts
140 upvotes
ON
Wow great find. BitDefender is top notch i've used it for 3-4 years now and the only reason i do use it is because it has consistently been rated one of the best AV programs for the last 5 years. Check it out at www.av-comparatives.org.. Mcaffee is shit.. lol you might as well just use windows defender for free if your going to install Mcaffee.. AVG, Avira, bitdefender, kaspersky and trend micro are the main players.
Feb 8, 2010
316 posts
246 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: This is for computers not phones
Windows10 does not need it. Windows defender is free and reliable.
Macs are designed by demigods so they don't need AV.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9148 posts
1959 upvotes
Montreal, QC
GiOBoY wrote: Best enterprise grade AV (FREE for up to 10 home devices):
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/lp/sophos-home.aspx
We use their encryption software at work and it sucks big time, I fail to see how their new AV solution can compete against BitDefender and Kaspersky which have been in the market for so long
Apr 5, 2016
594 posts
1221 upvotes
BC
billy_z wrote: Windows10 does not need it. Windows defender is free and reliable.
That made me lol.
Koodo $40/6GB + $45/10GB Public Mobile $8/50min Shaw 150 Tangerine Bank
I have provided consulting services to Bell, Virgin, Rogers, Fido, Telus and Koodo, as well as many major financial institutions in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5387 posts
1196 upvotes
Milton
billy_z wrote: Windows10 does not need it. Windows defender is free and reliable.
If you are listening to this advise (which i dont recommend) at least install add-on/extentions on your favourite browser for addition protection and privacy such as NoScript, Ublock Origin/Adblock Plus, Web of Trust (WOT), Disconnect etc

I use bitdefender at my pcs for extra security on top the addons listed above.
Jan 12, 2015
273 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto, ON
spena wrote: If you are listening to this advise (which i dont recommend) at least install add-on/extentions on your favourite browser for addition protection and privacy such as NoScript, Ublock Origin/Adblock Plus, Web of Trust (WOT), Disconnect etc

I wonder if u install all of these addons or just pick any one or two of them.
Jan 30, 2016
158 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
It's a good security software with the real-life dynamic test of AV-Comparatives showing BitDefender being one of the few (3 or 4 out of 20) software which mostly get 100% detection rate.
It doesn't slow down my computers (gaming or just office ones and laptops), I therefore highly recommend this to anyone who are in need of a effective tool to fight the unknown threats.
At least on their website they mention computers using BD are protected against the current WannaCry attack; that's a low price for a peace of mind.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5387 posts
1196 upvotes
Milton
sss1609070 wrote: I wonder if u install all of these addons or just pick any one or two of them.
Don't need to install all of them. If one then just ublock origins
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7972 posts
2687 upvotes
Toronto
spena wrote: If you are listening to this advise (which i dont recommend) at least install add-on/extentions on your favourite browser for addition protection and privacy such as NoScript, Ublock Origin/Adblock Plus, Web of Trust (WOT), Disconnect etc

What's your full list of add-ons for malware/pop-ups? I use ublock but stuff still gets through.