[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5560 posts
177 upvotes
Scarborough

[Best Buy] BitDefender Total Security 3 Year, 5 Devices. $50

Hello everyone

It's back again the $50 for 3 year, 5 devices deal for BitDenfender. I got this the last time it rolled around, 3 years allow you to buy and forget about it.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 29th, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
RZ5 3600X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF GTX 1080 TI 11GB SC|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logitech Z-5500|LG 38WK95C|MS Ergo KB 4k|Evoluent VM4R|Oculus Rift S
51 replies
Feb 2, 2010
861 posts
628 upvotes
Good deal for a Total Security Edition and multiple devices. I've been using Kaspersky but might give this a shot. Includes VPN.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1297 posts
775 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Took me 5 weeks last time to receive the box with the code inside.
Oct 14, 2017
695 posts
758 upvotes
I really wish there was a parental control software or hardware without a recurring fee model.... Ugh
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5560 posts
177 upvotes
Scarborough
Tapout123 wrote: Good deal for a Total Security Edition and multiple devices. I've been using Kaspersky but might give this a shot. Includes VPN.
Yeah, I have tried Kaspersky and that is fine too. Just that they don't offer 3 year subscription that I have noticed.
RougeJeff wrote: Took me 5 weeks last time to receive the box with the code inside.
Guess it's luck of the draw, mine arrived roughly a week after I placed my order last round.
xtrmDeals wrote: I really wish there was a parental control software or hardware without a recurring fee model.... Ugh
I am not sure for this anymore, as I find form the last time I had this once the subscription ended that was it. I do understand they have to update their databases on what to block for kids so the purchase one time doesn't sound realistic for something that needs constant updates.
RZ5 3600X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF GTX 1080 TI 11GB SC|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logitech Z-5500|LG 38WK95C|MS Ergo KB 4k|Evoluent VM4R|Oculus Rift S
Nov 25, 2009
162 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
Tapout123 wrote: Good deal for a Total Security Edition and multiple devices. I've been using Kaspersky but might give this a shot. Includes VPN.
I read that the included VPN is only 200MB per day. Sounds like the VPN might be a useless feature unless you choose to subscribe to their premium VPN.

As other VPNs like NordVPn comes out to less than $2 per month if you go through Rakuten, the Bitdefender VPN is probably not cost effective.
Feb 17, 2010
332 posts
45 upvotes
grouchy1 wrote: I read that the included VPN is only 200MB per day. Sounds like the VPN might be a useless feature unless you choose to subscribe to their premium VPN.

As other VPNs like NordVPn comes out to less than $2 per month if you go through Rakuten, the Bitdefender VPN is probably not cost effective.
Im not so sure if you should buy this because of vpn it provided
Sep 26, 2019
108 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal,QC
Does someone know if this can be stack with a current 1 year subscription?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1748 posts
655 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
puscas63 wrote: Does someone know if this can be stack with a current 1 year subscription?
Yes. Provided you have the same number of devices.

I recently upgraded my account to have 10 devices instead of five. As I have another license key for total security. As soon as I activate that, my device limit will drop back down to five. So I will wait until my subscription is close to expiring before activating the new code.

The activation codes are good for three years. So you'll need to activate your new code within that time frame.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1748 posts
655 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
grouchy1 wrote: I read that the included VPN is only 200MB per day. Sounds like the VPN might be a useless feature unless you choose to subscribe to their premium VPN.

Yeah. Definitely don't buy this for the VPN. You have just enough data, so when you are in an airport using the public wifi you can turn it on long enough to complete an online transaction. I have used it this few times, just because I am too lazy to even check if purevpn will work on my phone.
Sep 26, 2019
108 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal,QC
facebook259 wrote: Yes. Provided you have the same number of devices.

I recently upgraded my account to have 10 devices instead of five. As I have another license key for total security. As soon as I activate that, my device limit will drop back down to five. So I will wait until my subscription is close to expiring before activating the new code.

The activation codes are good for three years. So you'll need to activate your new code within that time frame.
So, for my understanding, if i have 8 more month left and I buy this licence and add to my actual account, i will have 3 years and 8 month left? Is that correct?
Thanks and sorry this silly questions.
Sep 10, 2014
147 posts
143 upvotes
ON
puscas63 wrote: So, for my understanding, if i have 8 more month left and I buy this licence and add to my actual account, i will have 3 years and 8 month left? Is that correct?
ya that's right. It will stack on top of the time you currently have left
Dec 20, 2012
718 posts
583 upvotes
Surrey
Is this good for Mac? I know it’s compatible, but is it as good as malwarebytes?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1748 posts
655 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
puscas63 wrote: So, for my understanding, if i have 8 more month left and I buy this licence and add to my actual account, i will have 3 years and 8 month left? Is that correct?
Yes. That is correct.