Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Blink XT2 multi-camera kits plus Echo Show 5 (works out to about $65 each)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2020 10:20 am
[OP]
Nov 30, 2015
106 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Best Buy] Blink XT2 multi-camera kits plus Echo Show 5 (works out to about $65 each)

I was browsing Best Buy and noticed the Blink XT2 cameras on sale along with the Echo Show 5.

Blink XT2 two camera kit and Echo Show 5 for $194.99
$194.99 / 3 (2 cameras plus 1 Echo Show) = $65 each

Blink XT2 three camera kit and Echo Show 5 for $262.99
$262.99 / 4 (3 cameras plus 1 Echo Show) = $65.75 each
Also available is the Blink two camera kit plus Blink Mini for $262.99 as well. Same math as above but the Blink Mini is $44.99 regular price so this doesn’t look like a deal.

Blink XT2 five camera kit $374.99 and Echo Show 5 for $389.99
$389.99 / 6 (5 cameras plus 1 Echo Show) = $65.00 each
Also available is the Blink five camera kit plus Blink Mini for $389.99 as well. Again the same math as above but the Blink Mini is $44.99 regular price so this doesn’t look like a deal either.
The 5 camera kit is not showing in stock online for me in Vancouver nor at nearby stores. It might be available in-store for others)

Amazon is showing the same final pricing for the above kits after you add a $15 Echo Show 5. E.g. Two camera kit for $179.99. Add a $15 Echo Show 5 and the total is $194.99. No stock right now for any of the kits but you can order and they ship when available.

https://www.amazon.ca/All-new-Blink-Out ... th=1&psc=1

$65 for the Echo Show 5 is not the lowest it’s been ($60 last month I believe and I also recall there was also a very limited time deal where you could get 2 Echo Shows for $100 ( $50 each). However, it’s not a bad price overall in the package deal. I bought my Blink Cameras and Echo Show 5 for about the same price.

I have had the Blink XT2 cameras and the Echo Show 5 since November last year and they work well. Free cloud recording on the XT2s is awesome and you are able to view the video feeds from the Echo Show 5. You can wirelessly install the XT2s in any place your Wifi signal can reach reliably; just make sure you have a good place nearby where you can plug in the sync module. With that being said I’d only recommend the Blinks XT2 if you need good weatherproof outdoor cameras. For indoor there are cheaper options.

The Best Buy sale ends August 6 so I’d imagine the Amazon prices might end at the same time.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 3rd, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added retailer to title
59 replies
Dec 6, 2008
635 posts
183 upvotes
Looks like a good deal, but don't know much about Echo show. So do I need the Echo to use the Echo show. Or can I get rid of Echo once I get this Echo show?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7296 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
itemsale2003 wrote: Looks like a good deal, but don't know much about Echo show. So do I need the Echo to use the Echo show. Or can I get rid of Echo once I get this Echo show?
You don't need the show, can use app.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1634 posts
236 upvotes
Barrie
Up to 2 years battery life?? That sounds too good to be true. OP, how has your experience been with the battery life?
Amex Platinum and Gold Membership Rewards, Bonvoy, and Aeroplan help me travel on the cheap!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3298 posts
2121 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
tylerc wrote: Up to 2 years battery life?? That sounds too good to be true. OP, how has your experience been with the battery life?
It's really going to depend on usage and the settings you choose. My front door camera activates 24/7, but my driveway cams are set to activate 10pm to 7am. I'm only six months in, so time will tell on battery life.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3298 posts
2121 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Anyone interested in these cameras should watch this guy's review of them. Blink Camera Review
It saved me some grief. I wanted to isolate my garage cameras from my door camera, and the way to do it is with seperate receiver modules. Also if you get a multiple camera system, they are controlled only by one module. This can be a problem with camera to module to wifi router distances.
Jul 12, 2010
198 posts
212 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: It's really going to depend on usage and the settings you choose. My front door camera activates 24/7, but my driveway cams are set to activate 10pm to 7am. I'm only six months in, so time will tell on battery life.
My cameras are active 24/7 - front and garage picks up slightest motion around, so a lot of activity on them. Lasts about 5-6 months. Can only use lithium ion batteries. Backyard camera - not too much activity, so lasts about a year.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2921 posts
1287 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Let's camera 1 & 2 recorded the same amount of motion activities.

Camera 1 you don't bother checking the footage
Camera 2 you view the videos, and maybe multiple times.

Does the battery life make a difference?
Oct 17, 2017
158 posts
191 upvotes
Ottawa
If we return echo show it might become even more cheaper. Depending upon return value of it.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1151 posts
1021 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
AdamKing wrote: Let's camera 1 & 2 recorded the same amount of motion activities.

Camera 1 you don't bother checking the footage
Camera 2 you view the videos, and maybe multiple times.

Does the battery life make a difference?
Live video feed viewing will affect battery life.

Recorded event viewing will not since you aren't accessing the camera to view that footage. It's stored online.
Jun 22, 2007
94 posts
107 upvotes
Markham
MrFrugal1 wrote: Anyone interested in these cameras should watch this guy's review of them. Blink Camera Review
It saved me some grief. I wanted to isolate my garage cameras from my door camera, and the way to do it is with seperate receiver modules. Also if you get a multiple camera system, they are controlled only by one module. This can be a problem with camera to module to wifi router distances.
So if I buy the 5 camera kit, I can't split it among two households I'm assuming? Better for me to get two 3-camera or 2-camera kits?
I don't downvote. I either talk shit or upvote. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1151 posts
1021 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
Cheetah wrote: So if I buy the 5 camera kit, I can't split it among two households I'm assuming? Better for me to get two 3-camera or 2-camera kits?
Correct. The sync module is required to get the cameras connected. Essentially sync module connects to wifi and cameras connect to the module.

Each kit only comes with one module. Not sure if they sell those seperate but if they do and the price is right, you may save by buying the higher number camera kit and a separate module.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1145 posts
503 upvotes
Cheetah wrote: So if I buy the 5 camera kit, I can't split it among two households I'm assuming? Better for me to get two 3-camera or 2-camera kits?
The cameras require a local module to operate so unless the households each have modlies already, you will need to buy 2 separate kits.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1145 posts
503 upvotes
maxpayne77 wrote: If we return echo show it might become even more cheaper. Depending upon return value of it.
Or sell it.
May 29, 2012
221 posts
49 upvotes
WINNIPEG
anyone tried this with precharged nimh battery from amazon?