Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Blink XT2 multi-camera kits plus Echo Show 5 (works out to about $65 each)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2020 10:20 am
Dec 25, 2010
919 posts
311 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. I have been waiting for the 5 camera pack to ship from Amazon for a few weeks. Cancelled the order and re-ordered, now with the $15 Echo Show. Good deal.
Dec 6, 2008
679 posts
198 upvotes
three and five cameras are all OOS. Can we pricematch with someplace?
Aug 16, 2011
929 posts
827 upvotes
NORTH YORK
MrFrugal1 wrote: Go to the "gear" icon on the camera view page. When you press it, it will open the page with system settings.
shaolin_x wrote: Go to the main system settings and click on schedule and then set your schedule
I knew about that, but the user said he has a different schedule for his front cam and his driveway cam. I'd like to do the same thing but I can only set global schedules that would impact all cameras.
May 29, 2012
234 posts
50 upvotes
WINNIPEG
same price in BB, the source and Amazon but only Amazon gives you $15 Echo Show option.

So anyone tried to use standard precharged AA battery on these?
itemsale2003 wrote: three and five cameras are all OOS. Can we pricematch with someplace?
Dec 15, 2010
10 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
ihearyou wrote: same price in BB, the source and Amazon but only Amazon gives you $15 Echo Show option.

So anyone tried to use standard precharged AA battery on these?
Not true. Bestbuy also has the option of $15 extra for the Echo Show.
Dec 6, 2008
679 posts
198 upvotes
Anybody know if the viewing angle of 110 degress and distance to motion detection is good enough. Reviews seem mixed for these two items
[OP]
Nov 30, 2015
115 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
xxxronjames wrote: How would this be for an indoor camera? Overkill?
It's designed to survive the outdoors but you can definitely use it as an indoor cam. I'd only recommend it if you have the need or want the convenience of wireless installation though.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3355 posts
2182 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
CanKon wrote: I knew about that, but the user said he has a different schedule for his front cam and his driveway cam. I'd like to do the same thing but I can only set global schedules that would impact all cameras.
You need two different modules to do that. I purchased a single camera kit, then a two camera kit. The YouTube video I linked earlier in the thread explained this.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3355 posts
2182 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
hi-tech wrote: Kind of regret getting blink instead of Ring.

I have Ring at my parents house and Blink at my house. Ring's camera quality is significantly better, app is better and faster and response time much better.

Blink isn't bad, and its nice not having to do any wiring...but pick Ring if you can.
Ring is also substantially more expensive IIRC.
Dec 6, 2008
679 posts
198 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: You need two different modules to do that. I purchased a single camera kit, then a two camera kit. The YouTube video I linked earlier in the thread explained this.
I went over the entire thread and video that was posted in Page 1. My questions is why do you need different schedules. If something triggers one camera would you not want all cameras to record and monitor.

Also, am I correct in understanding that Blink XT2 does NOT do continuous video recording. Records only when triggered unlike Arlo and others. Would that be correct? Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3355 posts
2182 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
ashwani2k wrote: How do you schedule different cameras differently? I can only schedule for all?
Different sync modules. The app views each module as a separate system. AFIK, you cannot purchase the modules by themselves, only the cameras.
Aug 29, 2018
253 posts
132 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: Ring is also substantially more expensive IIRC.
Yeah like $65 vs $200-$300+. I'm thinking the additional coverage of 5x the cameras for the same price is better than 1 super hi definition cam?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3355 posts
2182 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
itemsale2003 wrote: I went over the entire thread and video that was posted in Page 1. My questions is why do you need different schedules. If something triggers one camera would you not want all cameras to record and monitor.

Also, am I correct in understanding that Blink XT2 does NOT do continuous video recording. Records only when triggered unlike Arlo and others. Would that be correct? Thanks
I want different schedules because the cameras are positioned in different locations for different reasons. I have a typical suburban snout house (big assed garage sticking out front). Two cameras are set up to monitor the driveway. I park my vehicles in my driveway because like everyone else, my garage is full of stuff and my truck won't fit in it anyway. However, I don't need to be notified every time a senior walking their dog passes my driveway in the middle of the day. I do want to be notified if miscreants are testing my truck's doors in the middle of the night.
The single camera is at the front door. It is on 24/7.
The only way you can do this is by having cameras linked to separate modules.
Blink does not do continuous video recording; only when triggered. You also don't need a subscription with Blink, which is probably the biggest selling feature for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3355 posts
2182 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
laike4 wrote: Yeah like $65 vs $200-$300+. I'm thinking the additional coverage of 5x the cameras for the same price is better than 1 super hi definition cam?
I depends on what you want/expect these thing to do, high def or not. They certainly aren't going to stop porch pirates. They are helpful when you are expecting a delivery and Purolator can't be bothered to push the door bell, and you can yell at them through the speaker instead of driving across town to their friggin' depot.
I digress. Do you really need 4K res on a door camera?

Not sure, but Ring may also have a monthly subscription fee as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1926 posts
545 upvotes
Calgary
If anyone in Calgary is getting this and you don't want the Show, I would be willing to buy for more than the $15 you are paying.

I bought a 2 set in June to install for an aging family member, but still unopened as I can't get there yet, (too late to return) and really would like the show to go with it, so they can use it instead of the app.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Unless if anyone know Bestbuy will take returns past 30 days due to Covid reasons?