Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Blink XT2 multi-camera kits plus Echo Show 5 (works out to about $65 each)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2020 10:20 am
Member
Apr 28, 2007
256 posts
70 upvotes
Regina
ihearyou wrote: same price in BB, the source and Amazon but only Amazon gives you $15 Echo Show option.

So anyone tried to use standard precharged AA battery on these?
During warm seasons a rechargeable battery may work fine, but during the winter you'll want lithium.

https://lightsngear.com/best-aa-batteries-for-winter/

(Edited to fix typo.)
Last edited by warrenz on Aug 3rd, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Dec 6, 2008
680 posts
198 upvotes
Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to buy Reolink for a few dollars more. They often go on sale for $79.99 CAD per camera, but has recording to sd card and bunch of other features
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 17, 2002
7318 posts
729 upvotes
Toronto
itemsale2003 wrote: Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to buy Reolink for a few dollars more. They often go on sale for $79.99 CAD per camera, but has recording to sd card and bunch of other features
Is that battery powered/fully wireless?
Member
Jul 12, 2010
203 posts
217 upvotes
xxxronjames wrote: How would this be for an indoor camera? Overkill?
For indoor, I would buy Wyze camera instead. It is powered, and can record continuously if you have a microSD inserted
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2012
916 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
khimany wrote: For indoor, I would buy Wyze camera instead. It is powered, and can record continuously if you have a microSD inserted
Blink makes an indoor camera as well...blink xt
JS
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 7, 2014
2140 posts
1322 upvotes
I had these and do not recommend them.
Other systems are far superior in my opinion (Ring and Nest)

For the price it’s hard to beat. Here’s a list of why I ditched the blink system.

-Easy install, but can be easily stolen. Putting it at a reachable level means a crook can obtain your camera.
-Battery lasted 4 months for me (winter time) Of course this depends on usage.
-App is quite slow in my opinion
-Audio is not great

Image quality is quite good. Just my two cents so others can compare this system to others.
Member
Jan 4, 2014
294 posts
334 upvotes
Paris
There are security cameras and then there are security cameras.
All depends on what you need them for. Sometime ago a post was made on why are people cheaping out on security cameras when they are used to protect your most valuable assets and maybe your life.
Getting back on track -
What's the concern if the batteries last for at least 4 months? Can they not be recharged and/or swapped out?
Read elsewhere the app is indeed slow.
Member
User avatar
Jan 30, 2016
353 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
man i've had these for a year, I don't recommend them unless its a low traffic area. Don't expect to have this look at the front of your house and be at a valid enough sensitivity to last more than a month. also the cameras were alot better day 1 vs now, now they don't even connect to the app sometimes when i try to open a feed. I could dance in front of the cameras even and not get a notification :/
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 14, 2004
992 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Check the battery. If battery is weak, it won't say weak but the sensor wont work accurately. Also clean the sensor from time to time.
i5 2500k - 8GB corsair vengeance - Gigabyte z68a - 90gig corsair force gt - 640gb WD Black - gtx560 ti soc - Coolermaster EVO 212 - 600w Seasonic

heat under sparco
Member
Sep 19, 2012
464 posts
244 upvotes
Kitchener
Could these sort of function as a doorbell/communication device? Rather than buying a Ring? I probably don't need it to pop up immediately (I rarely get people ringing my doorbell) but I'd like to have view of my front door and if someone really wants to get in I can bring up the camera and talk to them right?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
3423 posts
2217 upvotes
Toronto
Tumdace wrote: Could these sort of function as a doorbell/communication device? Rather than buying a Ring? I probably don't need it to pop up immediately (I rarely get people ringing my doorbell) but I'd like to have view of my front door and if someone really wants to get in I can bring up the camera and talk to them right?
Get this, no monthly fees if you want a decent video doorbell: https://www.amazon.ca/Security-Doorbell ... B07R3WY95C
Member
Sep 19, 2012
464 posts
244 upvotes
Kitchener
redkulat wrote: Get this, no monthly fees if you want a decent video doorbell: https://www.amazon.ca/Security-Doorbell ... B07R3WY95C
Well the reason I was asking is because I'm fine with a normal doorbell, but I need a couple of outdoor cams (one for a garage and one for front door) and rather than buy this expensive doorbell system and then one outdoor camera I figured I'd just get two of the same camera.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
3423 posts
2217 upvotes
Toronto
Tumdace wrote: Well the reason I was asking is because I'm fine with a normal doorbell, but I need a couple of outdoor cams (one for a garage and one for front door) and rather than buy this expensive doorbell system and then one outdoor camera I figured I'd just get two of the same camera.
The Blink cameras will probably do the job if that is your use case scenario.

Top