Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Blink XT2 multi-camera kits plus Echo Show 5 (works out to about $65 each)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2020 10:20 am
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
ashwani2k wrote: How do you schedule different cameras differently? I can only schedule for all?
Different sync modules. The app views each module as a separate system. AFIK, you cannot purchase the modules by themselves, only the cameras.
Aug 29, 2018
391 posts
256 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: Ring is also substantially more expensive IIRC.
Yeah like $65 vs $200-$300+. I'm thinking the additional coverage of 5x the cameras for the same price is better than 1 super hi definition cam?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
itemsale2003 wrote: I went over the entire thread and video that was posted in Page 1. My questions is why do you need different schedules. If something triggers one camera would you not want all cameras to record and monitor.

Also, am I correct in understanding that Blink XT2 does NOT do continuous video recording. Records only when triggered unlike Arlo and others. Would that be correct? Thanks
I want different schedules because the cameras are positioned in different locations for different reasons. I have a typical suburban snout house (big assed garage sticking out front). Two cameras are set up to monitor the driveway. I park my vehicles in my driveway because like everyone else, my garage is full of stuff and my truck won't fit in it anyway. However, I don't need to be notified every time a senior walking their dog passes my driveway in the middle of the day. I do want to be notified if miscreants are testing my truck's doors in the middle of the night.
The single camera is at the front door. It is on 24/7.
The only way you can do this is by having cameras linked to separate modules.
Blink does not do continuous video recording; only when triggered. You also don't need a subscription with Blink, which is probably the biggest selling feature for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
laike4 wrote: Yeah like $65 vs $200-$300+. I'm thinking the additional coverage of 5x the cameras for the same price is better than 1 super hi definition cam?
I depends on what you want/expect these thing to do, high def or not. They certainly aren't going to stop porch pirates. They are helpful when you are expecting a delivery and Purolator can't be bothered to push the door bell, and you can yell at them through the speaker instead of driving across town to their friggin' depot.
I digress. Do you really need 4K res on a door camera?

Not sure, but Ring may also have a monthly subscription fee as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
If anyone in Calgary is getting this and you don't want the Show, I would be willing to buy for more than the $15 you are paying.

I bought a 2 set in June to install for an aging family member, but still unopened as I can't get there yet, (too late to return) and really would like the show to go with it, so they can use it instead of the app.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Unless if anyone know Bestbuy will take returns past 30 days due to Covid reasons?
Apr 28, 2007
356 posts
201 upvotes
Regina
ihearyou wrote: same price in BB, the source and Amazon but only Amazon gives you $15 Echo Show option.

So anyone tried to use standard precharged AA battery on these?
During warm seasons a rechargeable battery may work fine, but during the winter you'll want lithium.

https://lightsngear.com/best-aa-batteries-for-winter/

(Edited to fix typo.)
Last edited by warrenz on Aug 3rd, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1617 posts
966 upvotes
Edmonton
Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to buy Reolink for a few dollars more. They often go on sale for $79.99 CAD per camera, but has recording to sd card and bunch of other features
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7776 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
itemsale2003 wrote: Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to buy Reolink for a few dollars more. They often go on sale for $79.99 CAD per camera, but has recording to sd card and bunch of other features
Is that battery powered/fully wireless?
Jul 12, 2010
316 posts
391 upvotes
Ontario
xxxronjames wrote: How would this be for an indoor camera? Overkill?
For indoor, I would buy Wyze camera instead. It is powered, and can record continuously if you have a microSD inserted
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1457 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
khimany wrote: For indoor, I would buy Wyze camera instead. It is powered, and can record continuously if you have a microSD inserted
Blink makes an indoor camera as well...blink xt
JS
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1722 upvotes
I had these and do not recommend them.
Other systems are far superior in my opinion (Ring and Nest)

For the price it’s hard to beat. Here’s a list of why I ditched the blink system.

-Easy install, but can be easily stolen. Putting it at a reachable level means a crook can obtain your camera.
-Battery lasted 4 months for me (winter time) Of course this depends on usage.
-App is quite slow in my opinion
-Audio is not great

Image quality is quite good. Just my two cents so others can compare this system to others.
Jan 4, 2014
446 posts
569 upvotes
Ancaster
There are security cameras and then there are security cameras.
All depends on what you need them for. Sometime ago a post was made on why are people cheaping out on security cameras when they are used to protect your most valuable assets and maybe your life.
Getting back on track -
What's the concern if the batteries last for at least 4 months? Can they not be recharged and/or swapped out?
Read elsewhere the app is indeed slow.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1617 posts
966 upvotes
Edmonton
frogger wrote: Is that battery powered/fully wireless?
Yes. Battery powered. Wireless and outdoor
Jan 30, 2016
539 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
man i've had these for a year, I don't recommend them unless its a low traffic area. Don't expect to have this look at the front of your house and be at a valid enough sensitivity to last more than a month. also the cameras were alot better day 1 vs now, now they don't even connect to the app sometimes when i try to open a feed. I could dance in front of the cameras even and not get a notification :/
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
1107 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Check the battery. If battery is weak, it won't say weak but the sensor wont work accurately. Also clean the sensor from time to time.
i5 2500k - 24GB corsair vengeance - Gigabyte z68a - 500gig m5 - 1tb WD Black - 1070 ti - Coolermaster EVO 212 - 600w Seasonic

heat under sparco
Sep 19, 2012
626 posts
353 upvotes
Kitchener
Could these sort of function as a doorbell/communication device? Rather than buying a Ring? I probably don't need it to pop up immediately (I rarely get people ringing my doorbell) but I'd like to have view of my front door and if someone really wants to get in I can bring up the camera and talk to them right?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5069 upvotes
East GTA
Tumdace wrote: Could these sort of function as a doorbell/communication device? Rather than buying a Ring? I probably don't need it to pop up immediately (I rarely get people ringing my doorbell) but I'd like to have view of my front door and if someone really wants to get in I can bring up the camera and talk to them right?
Get this, no monthly fees if you want a decent video doorbell: https://www.amazon.ca/Security-Doorbell ... B07R3WY95C
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Sep 19, 2012
626 posts
353 upvotes
Kitchener
redkulat wrote: Get this, no monthly fees if you want a decent video doorbell: https://www.amazon.ca/Security-Doorbell ... B07R3WY95C
Well the reason I was asking is because I'm fine with a normal doorbell, but I need a couple of outdoor cams (one for a garage and one for front door) and rather than buy this expensive doorbell system and then one outdoor camera I figured I'd just get two of the same camera.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5069 upvotes
East GTA
Tumdace wrote: Well the reason I was asking is because I'm fine with a normal doorbell, but I need a couple of outdoor cams (one for a garage and one for front door) and rather than buy this expensive doorbell system and then one outdoor camera I figured I'd just get two of the same camera.
The Blink cameras will probably do the job if that is your use case scenario.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337